Dallas Cowboys Are Treating Trey Lance as 'De Facto' Quarterback Pick

Chasing6

Reaction score
I will go on record saying Jones will not get on the phones to arrange a trade using Lance if a quarterback did fall. That said, this possibility, albeit a tiny possibility, did heighten my expectation of tonight's draft--like a tiny blip on the heart monitor.
If anyone was interested in Trance they would have called already.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I agree with the Trey haters. He might get daks job and I would be pissed. I hate Trey
You are right we should all Hate Him out of respect for the greatest locker room leader in the History of the NFL . . . Dam, why can't the games be played in the Locker rooms instead of on the Football fields?

Dak would be MVP every year and would have no Haters

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You are right we should all Hate Him out of respect for the greatest locker room leader in the History of the NFL . . . Dam, why can't the games be played in the Locker rooms instead of on the Football fields?

Dak would be MVP every year and would have no Haters
well, I'm not sure about the locker room. They didn't look to thrilled with him when they came out to play GB, but they were probably mad a Trey for not getting a lady's purse like the rest of the girls.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is something missing from the OP...

Crap! You forgot to include, "Give me your thoughts!"
1d7894b97f18d81b94f04ddae5f07c45.gif

Adreme

Reaction score
I think its cute that the article still tries to paint that 4th as "only a 4th" when the other 3 busts from that class (yes Lance belongs in that category) all went for less including Fields who has has actual moments of legit NFL tape (but still a bust).

shabazz

Reaction score
You can’t put a threat to Dak on the team, they haven’t done that since Dak was here and they cut the guy who who might have damaged his fragile psyche, it’s all about protecting Dak.
And to be fair they didn't do it with Tony until they took Dak in the 4th.......since 2001 they haven't drafted a qb higher than 4th........Front Office malpractice

JustChip

Reaction score
not saying worst case not even saying Trey doesnt work out I'm simply saying i get the argument here..is it a better gamble than using the 4th on a rookie QB gamble who is not up for a second contract...
The difference is gambling a 4th round pick on a player with tools that was highly thought of to the tune of a top 3 pick vs. a player with the tools that rates him no higher than a later 4th round pick. Either is a gamble, but the better gamble is the player that has the better tools, or at least thought to have been be many at the time. The mistake will be to not Lance a legitimate opportunity to show he’s worthy of the gamble.

Chasing6

Reaction score
"Lance was meant to be a franchise quarterback, but he never quite got that chance with the 49ers."
Blatantly untruthful statement by this 'Fan Nation\Cowboys Country' "contributor".
Lance was the 49ers' starting QB for the 2022. He suffered an injury in the second game that ened his season.
2nd string Jimmy Garoppolo took over, then he was injured about halfway through the season. 3rd stringer Brock Purdy took over, and after 3-4 start, the team won their remaining games to finish 13-4 and won the NFC West.
Trance has bad luck and never gets an opportunity.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no its not even close trey played 2 games...2 other QB's played that season and they ALL came back to camp to fight it out the next offseason and Trey came in 3rd..how is any of that the same?
I was thinking about this...and I almost acquiesced to your Jedi Mind Tricks.

Injury did play a part in this saga. If Trey had not gotten injured...would he have played and developed?

He got injured and someone else established themselves. Maybe performance, maybe personality....I dunno.

But if not for injury...you don;t know.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I was thinking about this...and I almost acquiesced to your Jedi Mind Tricks.

Injury did play a part in this saga. If Trey had not gotten injured...would he have played and developed?

He got injured and someone else established themselves. Maybe performance, maybe personality....I dunno.

But if not for injury...you don;t know.
Yes, we know. You are the one that does not know yet.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, we know. You are the one that does not know yet.
Well since the likes of you say so...done deal.

And yet...wait...YOU are the one that questioned someone else on their credentials...I am SURE of it.

You said something like "unless you have played QB or GM " or something.

Calling out other people and then doing the SAME thing yourself...let's see....what is that called...hmmm.....

You could be right. Trey might never play another down in NFL football ever. It happens even to good players. I don't blame you for doubling down on your very negative and non-Cowboys supporting opinion. . I wouldn't do it.

But fragile people do lie to the very last...and then disappear when the chickens come home to roost.

You? You get to say "SEE I WAS RIGHT". It's possible.

And if you are wrong...we have seen THIS a million times...you will say "gosh I'm glad I was wrong". If...you say anything at all.

You think you're new and special. Hope it works out for ya. Root against cowboys WOOHOOOOO!