Game Day Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants | Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I would love to say, If we lose tonight, lets all come together, admit the seasons over, look forward to 2030.

Nope, there will be a voice of teams win the SB with more losses.

Yea, and those are teams that can get to the SB, we arent one of them.

and so on and so forth.

a win tonight and its back to SB talk.

blueblood70

Reaction score
John Stephens could make is debut tonight. I think he is already on 53, but this would be his 1st NFL game.
Good because there was a whole lot of bad tight end play most of it was probably because of Ford bad blocking penalties people are not getting open and that's not just the tight ends the separation rates not coming fast enough before the pressure gets there but yeah maybe uh infused talent with another week for Ferguson healthier we need something from that group,

shabazz

Reaction score
I would love to say, If we lose tonight, lets all come together, admit the seasons over, look forward to 2030.

and so on and so forth.

It will just be the usual less than 10% here........the "true super fans". :laugh:

blueblood70

Reaction score

and so on and so forth.

Wrong it's never over until you're mathematically out of it this isn't way back when there was 12 games this wasn't way back when they were 14 games this isn't way back when they were 16 games this is a 17 game season with an extra wild card it's always possible to come back look at what the Packers did last year what was their record to start the season what was the Rams record was it last year or the year before to start the season and they end up what sneaking into the playoffs at the very end I seen Cincinnati do that many times and let's use our own backyard started out three and five in 2018 and made it to the second round of the playoffs so no we will not join your pitchfork and torch club and say it's over 'cause it won't be over till it's truly over so go sit on the other side of the fan bleachers and go sit with the enemy and their fan base 'cause we're not giving up sorry you could be as negative as you want you'll never convince me this early in the season that it's over with that many games ahead...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Win lose or draw I'm not giving up on this team

17 games in an extra wild card there's a lot of games to play it would suck if we lost but I expect to win but even if we don't I will not get on this doom and gloom it's over the seasons done train because I've seen this before in teams have found a way to make a comeback......

:flagwave::popcorn:

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score

and so on and so forth.

It's gonna be a hard sale for a lot of us. There will be some who go overboard, but that number is dwindling.

I'm not worried about us buying in though. My concern is our moron players thinking a win over a sorry Giants team means they are back. They ALWAYS eat the cheese. I'm hoping they don't this time.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
As bad as the defense has been there's been an expectation that our offense should be scoring more as well but it's been almost as bad as the defense especially in terms of slow starts

I don't expect it because I've seen our less than mediocre RB corp, lack of depth in the WR corp and average offensive line play

I've been waiting for equal balance on both sides of the ball and now I'm finally seeing it, lol

Hurray for our Kicker and Punter though........
Do you think it's a coincidence that the running game was at its best when Zeke started? And has fallen off the cliff since Rico has been anointed the starter? Not saying it's all his fault but unless Zeke is hurt and they're not telling us, there was not reason to change up from the formula we intended coming into the season which was Zeke soften 'em up and then bring in the quicker guys to screw with the defense.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Wrong it's never over until you're mathematically out of it this isn't way back when there was 12 games this wasn't way back when they were 14 games this isn't way back when they were 16 games this is a 17 game season with an extra wild card it's always possible to come back look at what the Packers did last year what was their record to start the season what was the Rams record was it last year or the year before to start the season and they end up what sneaking into the playoffs at the very end I seen Cincinnati do that many times and let's use our own backyard started out three and five in 2018 and made it to the second round of the playoffs so no we will not join your pitchfork and torch club and say it's over 'cause it won't be over till it's truly over so go sit on the other side of the fan bleachers and go sit with the enemy and their fan base 'cause we're not giving up sorry you could be as negative as you want you'll never convince me this early in the season that it's over with that many games ahead...
and this guy needs a cape.

No, its over, whetehr you get that or not, no one cares. you can sit there wishing on a star all you want, wont happen.

But you know, you do you Linus.

CWR

Reaction score
Win lose or draw I'm not giving up on this team

17 games in an extra wild card there's a lot of games to play it would suck if we lost but I expect to win but even if we don't I will not get on this doom and gloom it's over the seasons done train because I've seen this before in teams have found a way to make a comeback......

:flagwave::popcorn:
I may not have a ton of hope, but I'm certainly not ready to give up on the season. I'm aware of our shortcomings, but I'll keep some hope alive to enjoy my Sundays. There's a lot of football left and things can change.

CWR

Reaction score
Do you think it's a coincidence that the running game was at its best when Zeke started? And has fallen off the cliff since Rico has been anointed the starter? Not saying it's all his fault but unless Zeke is hurt and they're not telling us, there was not reason to change up from the formula we intended coming into the season which was Zeke soften 'em up and then bring in the quicker guys to screw with the defense.
Rico was at or over 4ypc last week. He was the only one. I think what's slowing this running game down (rb wise) is the over rotating and not allowing anyone to get established. Idc if it's Zeke, Rico, or Cook, just let them grind.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I may not have a ton of hope, but I'm certainly not ready to give up on the season. I'm aware of our shortcomings, but I'll keep some hope alive to enjoy my Sundays. There's a lot of football left and things can change.
You are correct even if we lose is no reason to just give up on the season. Yes it will be discouraging but this team has more than enough talent to go on a 5-6 game run to get back into the playoff race even if they lost tonight.

blueblood70

Reaction score
and this guy needs a cape.

No, its over, whetehr you get that or not, no one cares. you can sit there wishing on a star all you want, wont happen.

But you know, you do you Linus.
Actually that'd be the other way around it's not over whether you like it or not there's literally enough time and enough games to mathematically be in it and find a way to get going we can end up winning ten in a row you don't know nothing you're not nostradamus i'm not listening to your garbage.. I've seen far too many teams dig their way out especially when you can get into the playoffs with nine wins in a wild card maybe even eight wins we don't know any of that yet so don't try to convince me with your **** **** attitude I'm not listening to it no one needs a cake we're literally talking about having too many games ahead to call it quits now move on son I'm tired of your attitude on you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
There'd be too much damn football ahead of us and too many things that could happen to other teams with injuries or we could end up finally figuring it out we can win 10 games in a row I mean who thought the eagles were gonna collapse after starting with what A10 in one record it could be the complete opposite we start slow which I've seen a ton of teams do and then figure it out.. So until we're mathematically eliminated out of the last wild card spot it's never over I mean look at what the Packers did last year we did it back in 2018 it's been done many times I've seen the 49ers the Bengals and the Rams all start out where it didn't look like they were even on the radar a wild card spot and end up pulling it out..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Rico was at or over 4ypc last week. He was the only one. I think what's slowing this running game down (rb wise) is the over rotating and not allowing anyone to get established. Idc if it's Zeke, Rico, or Cook, just let them grind.
Yeah I do think there has been too much of this rotation business without regard for what the guys do well. Anytime we get into the red zone and either take Zeke out or leave one of the smaller guys in immediate tells me we aint serious about scoring here. Unfortunately McCarthy doesn't appear to have any better feel for calling the running game than Moore did. But I won't ignore the terrible blocking our guys have been getting either.

shabazz

Reaction score
I honestly don't think it matters who starts. If you're speaking about Zeke starting against the Browns, we found out that the Browns defense is a shell of themselves.

The Browns have faced the Cowboys, Jags and Giants.......we've had the least rushing yards out of the 3 teams against them.....the evidence is young but it's begining to show a trend

After tonight, it only gets potentially worse the next 6 games

Status
Not open for further replies.