Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Pittsburgh Steelers | Postgame Thread

sbark

Reaction score
Zimmer has one skill: He can take a defense with poor talent and make it serviceable. It won’t get sacks. It won’t get turnovers. It sure as hell won’t get a stop in a one score game with two minutes remaining.

But it does hold down scoring.
If some on the D could catch, or grab fumbles....D wouldve had 3 t.o

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was a great ending to an ugly game, which probably makes it an great win. But to be real, 6-3 in the third quarter in today's NFL? If the defense didn't step up that last drive heroics wouldn't have mattered. We tried to give this win to the stealers at several points of the game. A better opponent wouldn't have looked a gift horse in the mouth.
Everyone had them as a better team on the road. These are crucial especially the tough games where you get punched and you actually fight back. With your backups.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Why is Zeke on this team if it isn't for short yardage and goal line situations?

This coaching staff does everything they can to make things as hard as possible.
Watching Henry run for Baltimore just shows how Zeke is done.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
What was Tolbert's stat line?
Dude is the possession WR to the big play CeeDee Lamb. Shoutout to Turpin for making plays.
:laugh: ....He's our new #1 WR......Ever since the fight on the sideline....Tolbert has had twice as many targets than Lamb.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love these types of games. Hard nose defense and players stepping up when they need too. Dak played poorly, but showed up when he had too, even with his stud receiver pouting. Dowdle stepped up, almost screwed the pooch with the fumble, but he didn't. I don't know why MM was calling TOs at the end, leaving time for Pitt and why would Bones not kick it through the endzone....Pitt could have gotten. A big return. On to Detroit.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The idiot announcer said we were going to commercial break, so I went to the bathroom. Then I heard some commotion on my TV. I was like WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? I ran back in and Mike Tomlin was cringing and Mike McCarthy was celebrating. I was mad that I missed it, but I'll take it. Of all people, Tolbert came through in the clutch. Dak redeemed himself. The team overcame a million injuries and friction between Dak and CeeDee. The defense came to play. This was a gut check victory on the road against a hostile crowd (although Cowboys Nation represented). Welcome to RB1 Rico Suave Dowdle. Luepke is the man! Fergie came through several times. The offensive line was just good enough. You talk about a team win. It should have been a lot easier. Honestly, we should've had a 30 burger, but 20 - 17 it is. After waiting an hour and a half, the Cowboys made it worth our while. Tyrus Wheat (I think that's his name) made a few plays out there. I know it's still early, but I'm so relieved that we pulled this one off. 3 -2. One game at a time.
Going to give Zimmer some credit. Pittsburgh doesn't have the greatest offense, but Zimmer's group was playing severely undermanned (Parsons, Lawrence, Kneeland, Bland, Carson all out) and did about as good as could be expected.

snadler

Reaction score
It’s always better to win ugly than lose pretty and they have won 2 straight with that formula. I mean the penalties have not stopped, dak with 3 awful turnovers, MM challenging things he shouldn’t be challenging and then not challenging plays he should. 1st and goal from the 1, and no QB sneak. There’s more, BUT they found a way to win, DAK had a tremendous game winning drive, Tolbert was great, the running game was effective and the defense despite all the injuries really fought hard and got the W