Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Pittsburgh Steelers | Postgame Thread

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It’s always better to win ugly than lose pretty and they have won 2 straight with that formula. I mean the penalties have not stopped, dak with 3 awful turnovers, MM challenging things he shouldn’t be challenging and then not challenging plays he should. 1st and goal from the 1, and no QB sneak. There’s more, BUT they found a way to win, DAK had a tremendous game winning drive, Tolbert was great, the running game was effective and the defense despite all the injuries really fought hard and got the W
I do believe the first interception was on Lamb. Where Dak threw it, it would appear that he was expecting Lamb to post up at the goal line. Those types of miscommunications usually turn into ugly turnovers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The offense didn't fight back until the final drive, though. They were trying to give it away through much of the game. The Defense kept us in it. There would've been no chance for heroics if it wasn't for them. This game shows a lot to be concerned about for those who look beyond one game.
Offense fought all night until Dak fumbles or interceptions…..or stupid penalties. Plenty of fight.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Tolbert came up huge tonight. Dowdle earned the RB1 role. He has to take care of the ball, though. Kudos to the $60M man for staying locked in and resilient in a big moment. CeeDee could learn a lot from him in that part of his game.
Funny the reason why he wasn't drafted crept up tonight.....He can't put it on the carpet like that in critical situations. We got lucky that wasn't the end of the game.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Go-ahead TD. Difficult catch. Difficult throw. The final drive was the most $250 million I’ve ever seen Dak do.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
We were a mash unit and still found a way to win. Despite three turnovers Dak got never gave up and continued to battle. Those of you who keep calling him a choker need to give him some credit. Suck it up and give the guy credit for once.
Yeah but they won't, no matter what.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not saying I'm reading any of these and I'm not pointing fingers but if any of you hypocrites come in here and try to pull this nonsense the Cowboys came back and won a tough game how is it any different than what the Texans did the Ravens did I mean there was a whole bunch of teams in college like 8 teams that were highly ranked at lost games they were supposed to win we were supposed to lose this game and we won it I don't wanna hear how we should've lost it or how we should have won bigger we pulled it together and we got what we needed in a big win it was a big win we were kids end up losing pace in the NFC East it turned out to be a game we had to have and they got it..

When you're this short handed people and you're on the road against a tough team and you end up pulling this up like they did this is the kind of thing that can slingshot a season that looked like it might be on the verge of your team quitting on you and fans quitting on you and then all of a sudden you turn it around I like this game the fact that i'm still up talking about it is crazy

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If you minus the turnovers,it'a much bigger win.
But that's part of what makes a defense tough. Pittsburgh has a player like Watt who beats your linemen and forces a fumble. They get pressure and it causes interceptions. I'm not going to take the turnovers away from their effort. They've had one of the best defenses in the NFL this year and we found a way to beat them. Diminishing their defense also diminishes our offense. I don't think that's deserve either way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to fight through your own errors. I mean, this is part of the development process of a team.
Yes all teams make errors like I mean you look on the other side didn't fields have two fumbles they could have lost both of them it happens they got lucky they made mistakes made bad throws they didn't complete passes when they needed to they made mistakes everybody in the NFL makes mistakes I mean sports is not perfect it's about winning and losing you win a game you should have lost that's actually a positive not a negative they did not give us this game we stole it