Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Pittsburgh Steelers | Postgame Thread

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
This should have been an easy win. Fields is absolute garbage.

Dak made sure it was a nail biter with multiple stupid plays.

After a dirt ball on 3rd down there should have been an easy TD, he did throw a really nice ball in 4th for the win.

But that game should have been 30-17.
Did you pick Dallas to win before the game. Yes or no.

stiletto

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think there is a serious rift between #4 and 88......and #4 is phasing him out. Prescott has a history doing that to people....a long history....And now that #4 has that contract.....he's just gonna be a bigger butthole to deal with.
I think teams are rolling coverage to 88 after he catches a few passes early and Dak is trying to throw to single coverage. No team will leave CeeDee unattended a whole game unless they have a top corner. I think it would be a good thing if Dak can learn to throw to some of these other guys. Loved the Turpin role tonight and Tolbert got more chances. Didn't mind it, they moved the ball between the 20's with pretty much ease against a pretty good defense. The Red Zone is where things go to poo-poo, for w/e reason.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Offense fought all night until Dak fumbles or interceptions…..or stupid penalties. Plenty of fight.
I think the whole team fought all night for that win. They didn't give up. This is clearly not a playoff team, but they didn't give up and they beat the Squealers. They didn't win big, but they WON!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I thought we could win, I wasn’t going into the game thinking we would lose and didn’t have a chance. Problem is we make too many mistakes, play sloppy, bad coaching decisions…could have given this game away because of it. I’ll take the win over a loss but we have GOT to clean it up….just don’t know if we can with this coach and culture.
Look the thinking is we could win but 75% of the people picked us to lose and even before the season people said this is a game you're gonna lose you're in Pittsburgh on the road on grass outdoors you add weather in it a mobile quarterback a big bruising running back in a tough defense with TJ Watt and a coaching staff that's probably gonna play chess with your coaching staff playing checkers

yes as a Homer I picked us to win 23 to 17 that's in my just for fun game you can go see it and I actually I believe racked up some pretty good points on that but my gut feeling was as a football person is I feel we're gonna lose this game look how many people were out and then we lost more people during the game this is a bonus to win a game like this all teams come out of games like this saying they gotta clean it up the Ravens and the Texans did not not deserve to win either I mean you go back and watch those games today they all had to pull it out after not playing so well most of the game that is how you get a game-winning drive you don't have a game winning drive .... game i mean literally this is sports/

stiletto

Reaction score
No. But I underestimated how high schoolish Josh Fields plays.
I didn't expect us to run and move the ball on Pittsburgh AT ALL. We pretty much destroyed them between the 20s. It was red zone where it went to pot.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Pittsburghs defense is overrated,we just proved that
Undersized in the middle.....and they wore down. Gotta give us some credit...we did just enough in the run game....and stuck with it. Make no mistake though....we need a speed back in the worst way. Someone that can bounce it outside and take those 3 yard gaines and turn those into 7 or 8.....because the lanes are there.

blueblood70

Reaction score

100% nobody saw this coming and yeah if we didn't make the mistakes we'd have blown them out literally we're in scarring range almost on every drive we have a interception a fumble a block field goal and nearly another fumble that Prescott jumped on so yeah we came out of this game lucky to win but also we were supposed to lose so it's all bonus.. that's crazy we put that kinda numbe....ironment it was definitely unexpected

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I felt like going into this season that we had good offensive line depth. Smith had a hiccup on one play after moving out to LT, but I thought he and Bass settled in well against one of the top defenses (albeit also missing one of its pass rushers and then losing another one near the end). Hoffman also stepped in and did all right except for that stupid retaliation penalty.

This line has been maligned on here, primarily because of struggles by Guyton and Steele, but it stepped up when the game was on the line and provided some decent protection and run lanes.