Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Pittsburgh Steelers | Postgame Thread

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Offense fought all night until Dak fumbles or interceptions…..or stupid penalties. Plenty of fight.
Dunno I have a hard time giving credit for drives that end in fumbles and interceptions. The score was 6-3 in the 3rd quarter, so it is hard to give the offense much credit for fighting there...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
C'mon Floaty......he hung in there despite the mistakes. Cee Dee checked out in the 3rd quarter.....what about that? I'm beginning to think.....if 88 doesn't get 12 targets or so, he needs a pacifier.
I'm beginning to think there is a serious rift between #4 and 88......and #4 is phasing him out. Prescott has a history doing that to people....a long history....And now that #4 has that contract.....he's just gonna be a bigger butthole to deal with.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The idiot announcer said we were going to commercial break, so I went to the bathroom. Then I heard some commotion on my TV. I was like WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? I ran back in and Mike Tomlin was cringing and Mike McCarthy was celebrating. I was mad that I missed it, but I'll take it. Of all people, Tolbert came through in the clutch. Dak redeemed himself. The team overcame a million injuries and friction between Dak and CeeDee. The defense came to play. This was a gut check victory on the road against a hostile crowd (although Cowboys Nation represented). Welcome to RB1 Rico Suave Dowdle. Luepke is the man! Fergie came through several times. The offensive line was just good enough. You talk about a team win. It should have been a lot easier. Honestly, we should've had a 30 burger, but 20 - 17 it is. After waiting an hour and a half, the Cowboys made it worth our while. Tyrus Wheat (I think that's his name) made a few plays out there. I know it's still early, but I'm so relieved that we pulled this one off. 3 -2. One game at a time.
Pause the game!

erod

Reaction score
This should have been an easy win. Fields is absolute garbage.

Dak made sure it was a nail biter with multiple stupid plays.

After a dirt ball on 3rd down there should have been an easy TD, he did throw a really nice ball in 4th for the win.

But that game should have been 30-17.

blueblood70

Reaction score
But that's part of what makes a defense tough. Pittsburgh has a player like Watts who beats your linemen and forces a fumble. They get pressure and it causes interceptions. I'm not going to take the turnovers away from their effort. They've had one of the best defenses in the NFL this year and we found a way to beat them. Diminishing their defense also diminishes our offense. I don't think that's deserve either way.
Look I'm not gonna make excuses for Prescott either if we'd have lost this game I'd have pointed at him but I also would have pointed at the blocked field goal Enrico S fumble at Prescott jumped on look everybody played great but at the same time a lot of people didn't play so well but they made-up for their mistakes in the end it's about getting AW it doesn't matter what happened last week and it doesn't matter who's up next week 'cause everyone's gonna say we're gonna lose the lions but everyone said we're gonna lose this is the game on the schedule even before the season started that people thought we would lose on the road to the Steelers... So this is one we stole I mean I think everyone thought we were gonna lose to the Ravens anyway so we lost that game I mean I think at best we would have been four and one anyway but three and two is I think it's what people expected even when we saw the schedule come out... This gives us plenty of hope for the lions game I mean we beat the lions last year we are short handed I don't know who's coming back but this is the type of game that the energy can carry over to the next game

revospeed

Reaction score
My thoughts:

Tyler Smith is the best option at LT by far.

Overshown will be our best defensive player until DLaw and Micah come back.

We are extremely slow at WR.

Zack Martin is an elite pass blocker, but cant move people in the run game.

Wheat has a mean streak and should have been taking snaps from 99.

Mazi should be bagging groceries.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dunno I have a hard time giving credit for drives that end in fumbles and interceptions. The score was 6-3 in the 3rd quarter, so it is hard to give the offense much credit for fighting there...
They left points on the board. Teams don’t do that to the Steelers. They ran and passed all over them. With a backup offensive line.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes all teams make errors like I mean you look on the other side didn't fields have two fumbles they could have lost both of them it happens they got lucky they made mistakes made bad throws they didn't complete passes when they needed to they made mistakes everybody in the NFL makes mistakes I mean sports is not perfect it's about winning and losing you win a game you should have lost that's actually a positive not a negative they did not give us this game we stole it
The fumble forward that our guys couldn't corral nearly killed me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My thoughts:

Tyler Smith is the best option at LT by far.

Overshown will be our best defensive player until DLaw and Micah come back.

We are extremely slow at WR.

Zack Martin is an elite pass blocker, but cant move people in the run game.

Wheat has a mean streak and should have been taking snaps from 99.

Mazi should be bagging groceries.
Maxi had 4 tackles today. What did he do bad today?

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
What do you mean tougher than it needed to be we were supposed to lose this game some people had us losing by 25 I mean literally they said we were gonna get blown out yes we moved the ball better than them our offense got into scoring range almost every possession and we made all the big mistakes and yet we won but I get what you're saying but we're supposed to lose this game what are you talking about this was a last second game-winning drive to just seal the deal on the road on grass in weather I mean isn't that everything they said we couldn't do run the ball be tough beat a tough team at home on grass or whatever the **** they're on
I thought we could win, I wasn’t going into the game thinking we would lose and didn’t have a chance. Problem is we make too many mistakes, play sloppy, bad coaching decisions…could have given this game away because of it. I’ll take the win over a loss but we have GOT to clean it up….just don’t know if we can with this coach and culture.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't have any complaints about the Defense tonight. Doubt it will look as good against Detroit but they did their job and were competitive especially being down 3-4 guys. No shame and Lewis is always pretty steady.
Tell you what that defense is better than Lions D. Offense gonna need some points.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They left points on the board. Teams don’t do that to the Steelers. They ran and passed all over them. With a backup offensive line.
Yes we left points on the board that we should have never had in the 1st place right everyone thought we were gonna lose so don't look at it as those that we should have blew them out look at it as their pass rush and their defenders made it hard and that happens sometimes when you fumble the ball you throw an interception but all that matters is in the end you win the damn game they didn't give us the game we took it we stole it we were not supposed to win in the 1st place and then you add in all the drama that happened with the weather in the delay in the more than yet we still come back and win yes we left points on the board which that should be encouraging I think we were in scoring position almost on every drive I think we got into field goal range or better on almost every drive which is a step up for this offense against that defense it's encouraging yeah you can dwell on the negatives that we nearly lost the game because of the turnovers but the fact that we didn't now you can look at it as we move the ball pretty damn well against a team like that that we were not supposed to...