Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Pittsburgh Steelers | Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The only team in the NFL that has ugly wins is the Cowboys. Just ask the zoned out Zoners. They’ll tell you.
Well that and they blame our offense if we can't score 30 and win instead of blaming the defense it's gonna be Prescott's fault it's gonna be Mike McCarthy's fault if we lose 33 to 17 because we didn't score enough even though they don't realize time of possession and having a limited amount of possessions for the offense because the defense never gets off the field you know don't blame the offense somehow why couldn't we score 34 that's what they'll say...lol

Wildcat711

Reaction score
So you're saying you're gonna blame the loss on lack of a run game instead of lack of stopping the run and the defense that can't hold somebody under 20 if we lose this game by a blowout that would be a defensive fault can we stop blaming the offense for what you're an offense blamer that's all you do is come on here and complain about the office how about the defense hold the score under 20 get us under 16 points and we win this game,,

have you watched the NFL do you not know that defense wins championships defense loses games that are called blowouts has hardly ever because of a run game that you get blown out or lack of a run game you get blown out 'cause the defense can't stop anyone
BS.. he has every right to be annoyed about the running game.

a running game helps the defense.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So you're saying you're gonna blame the loss on lack of a run game instead of lack of stopping the run and the defense that can't hold somebody under 20 if we lose this game by a blowout that would be a defensive fault can we stop blaming the offense for what you're an offense blamer that's all you do is come on here and complain about the office how about the defense hold the score under 20 get us under 16 points and we win this game,,

have you watched the NFL do you not know that defense wins championships defense loses games that are called blowouts has hardly ever because of a run game that you get blown out or lack of a run game you get blown out 'cause the defense can't stop anyone

Obviously, I expect us to stop the run. I know defence wins championships! If you read (which I know you don't) what I was saying since last year, my concerns entering the season were our run defence and rushing attack. I'm already angry at our run defence. I'm already mad that our NTs aren't good when I made it CLEAR that I wanted them to be improved. However, I was also worried about our rushing attack! I wanted Henry, Zeke, Vaughn, and Luepke. That would've been an amazing rushing attack.

Additionally, the weather here in this part of the country (I live in Cleveland, which isn't far from Pittsburgh, and we have severe weather issues starting to pop up) is going to be an issue tonight. We need to run the ball, as well as stop the run. Derrick Henry likely gives us a significantly better rushing attack, and he'd allow us, if nothing else, to play keep away like 2014 from our defence. He'd allow us to control the clock and close our games. Yet, Jerry was too cheap to spend $6 mil on him. That's what makes me angry at him.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Might as well get over. Jerry got his pet, Zeke back.
the thing about that is zeke does not even get the ball but maybe ten times a game so far. a rookie running back could do that and may even have enough speed to break a good run. it just makes me frustrated that elliott is on this team.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
BS.. he has every right to be annoyed about the running game.

a running game helps the defense.

Exactly, and especially when we had an opportunity to get one of the greatest running backs in the game for $6 mil, and Jerry couldn't even be bothered to pick up the phone. It's lack of effort from the FO to fix obvious issues that were obvious last year that piss me off. I don't understand why I'm getting attacked for voicing legitimate anger.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well that and they blame our offense if we can't score 30 and win instead of blaming the defense it's gonna be Prescott's fault it's gonna be Mike McCarthy's fault if we lose 33 to 17 because we didn't score enough even though they don't realize time of possession and having a limited amount of possessions for the offense because the defense never gets off the field you know don't blame the offense somehow why couldn't we score 34 that's what they'll say...lol
Dont worry. When this three decades and growing era of Cowboys failure is looked back on, the fans treating them unfairly will be noted.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
the thing about that is zeke does not even get the ball but maybe ten times a game so far. a rookie running back could do that and may even have enough speed to break a good run. it just makes me frustrated that elliott is on this team.
That's exactly why Jerry signed him. He's in an adversarial role with the fans of the team right now because we call him out for being a crap GM.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Exactly, and especially when we had an opportunity to get one of the greatest running backs in the game for $6 mil, and Jerry couldn't even be bothered to pick up the phone. It's lack of effort from the FO to fix obvious issues that were obvious last year that piss me off. I don't understand why I'm getting attacked for voicing legitimate anger.
Don't sweat it. Most of us agree with you, because it is obvious. People arguing with you are just doing it for an agenda or they find it fun to do that.

stiletto

Reaction score
Zeke is washed. Everyone knows it. RB was not on the braintrusts radar, so this is what we get.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fwiw, I also am angry FOR Dak. Jerry is sabotaging Dak by NOT giving him a legit run game. Every QB needs a good run game. You can't win many games in the NFL without running the football. Your rushing attack is your QB's best friend. The rushing attack we have had since we entered the season (especially after the obvious weaknesses in that department) is setting Dak up to potentially fail.

I'm not blaming Dak at all for our record being where it is or how we have looked on offense fwiw. Our offensive deficiencies, imo, are entirely because we can't run the ball. If you go one dimensional in the NFL, you're screwed. Even Mahomes needs a running game. Troy, as great as he was, wouldn't have been elite without Emmitt. Roger probably isn't Roger without Duane Thomas and Tony Dorsett. Romo wouldn't have been what he was towards the end without Murray. Zeke significantly helped Dak in his development early on.

That's just with the Cowboys. The Rams just scored on the ground. They are a dangerous offense in part because their rushing game is really good. The Steelers history is littered with great running backs. Lamar is being significantly benefitted from having Henry, one of the best backs in the games who we could have probably signed for $6 mil!! All Jerry had to do was pick up the phone and call Henry, who lives in Dallas! Jerry didn't! Jerry didn't even show effort! That's why I'm so angry. I'm angry as it is at our run defence, but I'm even angrier that he didn't even address our run game, which is a historical staple for the Cowboys. Like the Steelers, our history is littered with great backs when we have success. We didn't even bother to get one of the best in the game, and I'm not supposed to be mad about that?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Don't sweat it. Most of us agree with you, because it is obvious. People arguing with you are just doing it for an agenda or they find it fun to do that.

I mean, it defies logic! Especially knowing the Cowboys history! I just laid out the backs we had when we won the SB. We, like the Steelers, are historically great when we can run the ball. Part of the reason Fields is so good is because Najee Harris is a beast. Knowing what we had entering the season, which I pointed out all preseason and offseason following a break, we HAD to get Henry. You have one of the best backs in the game sitting there in your own city wanting to play for you, and you don't even pick up the phone to call him? Heck, even if you didn't want to pay him $6 mil, he probably takes a deal that has incentives with it. All we had to do was call him, and I think we are feeling much more confident entering into this game. You know who's owned the Steelers defence most of his career? Henry!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That's exactly why Jerry signed him. He's in an adversarial role with the fans of the team right now because we call him out for being a crap GM.

Which is why I asked earlier if he hated the team. I suppose I could have asked if he hated our fanbase as opposed to the team, but we are part of the team. The way I see it, we are part of the team by virtue of being fans. We are the ones who go out of our way to watch the games and, those that can afford it, spend the money to go to games. Yet, Jerry clearly doesn't like us. I had no problem with us bringing back Zeke IF we also got Henry or drafted a really good back. We did neither, and, surprise surprise, we can't run!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Might as well get over. Jerry got his pet, Zeke back.

I didnt mind getting Zeke, but that wasn't the sole fix to this team. Zeke + Henry or a drafted back would have been great. Ideally, I wanted Zeke + Henry. That would have given us a dual threat of two bruising backs plus Luepke. Then, you factor in Vaughn to play the Sproles role, and we'd have had a dynamic rushing attack. Yet, Jerry didn't even try to get Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.