Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Pittsburgh Steelers | Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grgnfg420

Reaction score
Man I don’t know about yall but I’ve never called less for a cowboys season in my life. It’s really hard to care when the people in charge clearly don’t. I’ll watch the games but I ain’t spending another dime on this team til they prove that winning is the #1 priority!

That being said I think we lose by 4 tonight

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboy fans...how stupid can we be?

I just got back from a Sunday gig, tired, grumpy, hurting, happy hauling all the gear back and forth.

As of tonight's game, I want the Stealers to kick these so-called Dallas Cowboys to the curb! If Jerry does not care, why should I?

Cowboys on three! 1...2...
never mind. Just give me stats.
I ran sound last night....still sore n worn out. Loud punk rock show.:oops:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

I just got back from a Sunday gig, tired, grumpy, hurting, happy hauling all the gear back and forth.

As of tonight's game, I want the Stealers to kick these so-called Dallas Cowboys to the curb! If Jerry does not care, why should I?

I can never root against the Cowboys.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Hey everyone! Here’s an apparent loser as he’s rooting for the Cowboys to lose.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak, CD and Ferguson will need to give it all out there, the D will need to step up big time to keep it close but it is doable for sure. Screw the squeelers!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Obviously, I expect us to stop the run. I know defence wins championships! If you read (which I know you don't) what I was saying since last year, my concerns entering the season were our run defence and rushing attack. I'm already angry at our run defence. I'm already mad that our NTs aren't good when I made it CLEAR that I wanted them to be improved. However, I was also worried about our rushing attack! I wanted Henry, Zeke, Vaughn, and Luepke. That would've been an amazing rushing attack.

Additionally, the weather here in this part of the country (I live in Cleveland, which isn't far from Pittsburgh, and we have severe weather issues starting to pop up) is going to be an issue tonight. We need to run the ball, as well as stop the run. Derrick Henry likely gives us a significantly better rushing attack, and he'd allow us, if nothing else, to play keep away like 2014 from our defence. He'd allow us to control the clock and close our games. Yet, Jerry was too cheap to spend $6 mil on him. That's what makes me angry at him.
First of all it was two years 18,000,000 that's 9,000,000 per year.. Wasn't about being cheap I've explained this before most teams didn't go after him including the Titans didn't bring him back because they thought at some point this freak of nature was gonna fall off a Cliff at his age in the mileage most didn't expect this type of season so yeah Jerry failed to bring him here it wasn't about money it was more about worrying about bringing in a running back up in age and up in mileage and then have him not play well you know like last year Tony didn't play well for $11 million and this year we have $6 million on dead cap space from zeke's old contract so I think he's clearing out the books but I blame the offensive line more than the running backs I blame the offensive coordinator not scheming guys open I watch Christian McCaffrey go down it's some dude I never heard of it's running like one of the running backs in the league...

Seriously did you see that running back I never heard of I bet everyone's gonna say they heard of him but Christian McCaffrey goes out they don't miss a beat at the run game now maybe they're missing him being multifaceted but sometimes it's the offense and I'm blaming McCarthy not Jerry this time but yes it would've been nice to at least draft 1/3 or 4th rounder..

But I'm gonna say this one last time this has been about defense the games we lost last year the game we lost in the playoffs and and so far this year the defense has been the main cause so you're acting like we should just outscore people and all you do is mention the offense just because we paid most of our money on that side of the ball that's not how it works and you can't hold teams under 20 points you're a terrible defense I don't know what the average defense is for holding scores down throughout an entire year and in years past but that's typically what you wanna see but some of the best defenses to ever play has held teams under 13 points a game for an entire season think about that think about taking the pressure off your offense and allowing them more possessions like you look at the giants game we would absolutely curb stomp them at the defense got us the ball back they may have stopped the run but guess what they let him pass all over the field you're saying we need to stop the run they stopped the run but they couldn't stop the pass they played well in the goal red zone area but their time of possession eating drives the defense couldn't get the ball back to your offense enough we can't score enough..

blueblood70

Reaction score
No Deuce Vaughn. That’s a good thing.
Well they're playing on grass outdoors nice weather so we're going to get a heavy dose of Ezekiel Elliot/ Rico and i'm sure that hunter's going to get some of those extras. I'm really surprised not bringing Vaughn that they didn't bring up dalvin cook..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak, CD and Ferguson will need to give it all out there, the D will need to step up big time to keep it close but it is doable for sure. Screw the squeelers!
How about this how about Mike McCarthy see these things how about him envision and be creative they know if they can drag a running back slash or tight end or both and clear out the middle their linebackers are not very good then you can bring Turpin and lamb across the middle for whatever you want and there's no way those corners who are also not that great are gonna be able to hang with long developing crossers where you're running away from the corners.

I've been reading a lot about the Pittsburgh defense and they have some problems at linebacker and some problems at corner this would be really nice if Mike McCarthy knew how to exploit that and to me that means you use some of your backs and your tight ends to actually clear out the middle and then bring some big playability from your other guys who are hard to chase when you're bringing them across the middle from the opposite side..

And yes we need to run the ball well I mean it starts there and he didn't even mention the run game it's probably gonna be hard to run against but outdoors on grass a nice cool evening you gotta have some kind of run game in order to open up those pass plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.