Dallas Cowboys: Is it Time to Rebuild the Offensive Line?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm not confident Williams could hold up at left tackle. It's a lot to ask of him.
sigh... You may be right.. That's probably why they initially threw him at Guard. He's out of his league at Guard though... Needs at least a year to get stronger.

I just noticed you said LT. My question was regarding a bye week swap between Williams and Collins. LG-RT.

@Galian Beast

blumayne38

Reaction score
Yes. It's all the QB. The Oline is playing lights out. :rolleyes: Oh.. & the OC is the best we've ever had. :rolleyes: oh.. & our QB coach
Like it or not genuinely when a team is doing this horrible, this first one to get the boot is the QB. Teams don’t just go and bench a entire OL or WR group. I mean I understand you’re gripe...but jeez open you’re eyes Dak needs to play a lot better and help his oline a little by getting rid of the ball faster and making better pre snap adjustments

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Like it or not genuinely when a team is doing this horrible, this first one to get the boot is the QB. Teams don’t just go and bench a entire OL or WR group. I mean I understand you’re gripe...but jeez open you’re eyes Dak needs to play a lot better and help his oline a little by getting rid of the ball faster and making better pre snap adjustments
You are obviously not reading the latest dialogue regarding a small tweak to the Oline in the bye week that may pay immediate dividends.

blumayne38

Reaction score
You are obviously not reading the latest dialogue regarding a small tweak to the Oline in the bye week that may pay immediate dividends.
I don’t understand how 1 adjustment on the online is gonna change the skill level of the QBs throwing arm...you could y’all till you’re blue in the face. But until the QB makes the proper adjustments to his personal game then.....yeah

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I don’t understand how 1 adjustment on the online is gonna change the skill level of the QBs throwing arm...you could y’all till you’re blue in the face. But until the QB makes the proper adjustments to his personal game then.....yeah
Gotcha. Thanks for your input..

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's going to adjust. He's going to run more because he can't throw the ball. Tebow 2.0

Galian Beast

Reaction score
sigh... You may be right.. That's probably why they initially threw him at Guard. He's out of his league at Guard though... Needs at least a year to get stronger.

I just noticed you said LT. My question was regarding a bye week swap between Williams and Collins. LG-RT.

@Galian Beast

Ah Gotcha,

I don't think it would hurt to try, just don't really see Williams as a tackle.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Well they have to look for a new franchise LT,and possibly C. There’s no way they can continue having these problems up front going into next year. Really stinks too,because you’d like to upgrade other areas,but the line has to be a major priority.

blumayne38

Reaction score
he's going to adjust. He's going to run more because he can't throw the ball. Tebow 2.0
I hear you wish here was a 1 adjustment answer to the problems this team has. But they just gotta grab the kahones put the head down and keep playing hard. I can imagine for the players it’s hard to take a loss especially with this fan base.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Martin and Williams aren't going anywhere, and Collins is signed through 2019.

Through 2019, 3 guys.

Will Frederick be back? I'm more confident about him than Smith long term, but I expect that they're both back next year, giving us 5 through 2019.

Talk of a "rebuild" seems premature.

I expect Williams moves to RT in 2020, and we're looking for a LG again. Which I think can be easily filled with a cheapo veteran, if we don't find a young guy.

The main question for me is how long Tyron's back will hold up. Could be not long. Could be well into his 30s.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Good thing we depleted our WR corps and don't have a NFL TE. Throw in the fact we have the lowest rated QB in the league and a crumbling OL. Get ready for a lot of shutouts this season.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Good thing we depleted our WR corps and don't have a NFL TE. Throw in the fact we have the lowest rated QB in the league and a crumbling OL. Get ready for a lot of shutouts this season.

How they didn't prioritize Josh Gordon when you could have gotten him essentially for free? Mind-blowing.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Philly has had one of the best o-lines for years and they only have one first rounder on that line.

Jason Kelce--6th round
Brandon Brooks--3rd round (Texans)
Stefen Wisniewski--2nd round (Oakland)
Lane Johnson--1st round
Jason Peters--UDFA

Backups that play significant minutes:
Halapoulivaati Vaitai--5th round
Isaac Seumalo--3rd round

Other backups:
Matt Prior--6th Round
Chance Warmack--1st round (Titans)
Jordan Mailata--7th round

Philly runs with two home grown and three FA's; backups are a first round bust, a 6th round rookie, and three Samoan dudes, one of which is a rugby player who never played football. They won the Super Bowl with seven of those guys (Peters hurt, Prior and Mailata are rookies this year).

Maybe, just maybe, we need better coaches.

Asklesko

Reaction score
haxby-gas-explosion-scene-1-nh-1170x781.jpg

Is it time to rebuild house?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Philly has had one of the best o-lines for years and they only have one first rounder on that line.

Jason Kelce--6th round
Brandon Brooks--3rd round (Texans)
Stefen Wisniewski--2nd round (Oakland)
Lane Johnson--1st round
Jason Peters--UDFA

Backups that play significant minutes:
Halapoulivaati Vaitai--5th round
Isaac Seumalo--3rd round

Other backups:
Matt Prior--6th Round
Chance Warmack--1st round (Titans)
Jordan Mailata--7th round

Philly runs with two home grown and three FA's; backups are a first round bust, a 6th round rookie, and three Samoan dudes, one of which is a rugby player who never played football. They won the Super Bowl with seven of those guys (Peters hurt, Prior and Mailata are rookies this year).

Maybe, just maybe, we need better coaches.
Keen observation.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes, lets spend more cap space and draft capitol on the OL........... its worked so well in the past.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
More 1st and 2nd rounders spent on the OL please!
I think we need to focus all energy in rounds 3-5 on OL going forward. Some will be developmental. Others we'll hit on. But that is all with the understanding that the Garrett regime finally goes back under its rock by season's end.