Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant sued by state Sen. Royce West

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmoney112

Reaction score
What's amusing is someone stridently claiming to know what the actual costs of the damages should be which is precisely what he was doing.

No, I'm not an appraiser, however my side job in one of the biggest real estate markets in the country requires to work with them closely.

I also remodeled a home with my own two hands and looked at a few bids for jobs I thought might be worthy to contract out.

So yeah, I have an idea of how much it costs.

There could be 60k in damages, but not based on those pictures, unless there was flooring/foundational damage like was previously stated.

I was going off the pictures which I'm guessing were "leaked" to discredit Dez into a settlement. I'm not sure why you'd leak pictures that don't really show much if you have more damning evidence. Especially when you should have them already to present, and not just an itemized expense report that you could have just made to rack up charges in a suit.

Sydla

Reaction score
Shake your head all you want newbie.....nothing I said is wrong......60k is a joke

It might not be considering you don't know the extent of the damages. Did you read the complaint? Just going off a few pictures that shows only a small part of the damage is foolish.

It's not carpet and paint he had to replace............ flooring besides carpet, landscaping, some windows, ceiling fans, some lights, the security system had to be replaced....... part of the fence with the gate had to be repaired/replaced.

If all of that is true (and I have no idea if it is or is not and neither do you), you can get to $60K quite easily.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, I'm not an appraiser, however my side job in one of the biggest real estate markets in the country requires to work with them closely.

I also remodeled a home with my own two hands and looked at a few bids for jobs I thought might be worthy to contract out.

There could be 60k in damages, but not based on those pictures, unless there was flooring/foundational damage like was previously stated.

I was going off the pictures which I'm guessing were "leaked" to discredit Dez into a settlement. I'm not sure why you'd leak pictures that don't really show much if you have more damning evidence. Especially when you should have them already to present, and not just an itemized expense report that you could have just made to rack up charges in a suit.

The complaint also alleges that there was damage to lighting and ceiling fans, the security system, the landscaping had to be fixed and a gate had to be replaced. Some doors were also apparently damaged and he had to repair/replace the garage door locks as well.

So if what the suit alleges is accurate (and again I have no idea)............... if he had to replace carpeting, re-paint most of the house, repair or replace flooring, replace lighting and ceiling fans, fix the security system, fix damaged landscaping, replace windows, fix some doors, repair the garage door and then possibly repairs to issues like subflooring, etc......................... $60K wouldn't be outrageous by any stretch.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Lol..."There could be 60k in damages, but not based on those pictures."

So, why would you think/assume/presume that the only damages existing would be those things that can be shown in the pictures?

Also, what do you mean "leaked?"

The pictures are sourced from formal documents that were submitted to the court.

If you simply read the court document available with the article you'd be informed.

Sydla

Reaction score
And in the end, even if you think West is trying to rip off Bryant, that small sampling of pictures is still more than enough evidence to wonder what the hell Bryant was doing and that regardless of who actually did the damage, Bryant is on the lease and was responsible to handing the house back to West in a reasonable condition. Those pics alone show he did no such thing.

So if you some of you want to try to defend Bryant by trying to argue against the excessive cost, have at it. In the end, this doesn't project favorably for Bryant. Just more proof of how immature and irresponsible he can be. I wouldn't cut him like some yahoos have said but it still doesn't paint him in a good light.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
And in the end, even if you think West is trying to rip off Bryant, that small sampling of pictures is still more than enough evidence to wonder what the hell Bryant was doing and that regardless of who actually did the damage, Bryant is on the lease and was responsible to handing the house back to West in a reasonable condition. Those pics alone show he did no such thing.

So if you some of you want to try to defend Bryant by trying to argue against the excessive cost, have at it. In the end, this doesn't project favorably for Bryant. Just more proof of how immature and irresponsible he can be. I wouldn't cut him like some yahoos have said but it still doesn't paint him in a good light.

Royce West is a dirtbag that has been taking advantage of Dez from the beginning......he saw Dez coming from a mile and pretended to mentor him and protect, all the while he had both hands in his pockets....you can side with him all you want... I already said Dez may have been sending a message with the damage so I am not excusing him but that doesn't mean guys like West and Wells aren't hustlers...

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
It's not about a guy making a mess. It's about lifestyle...and how it reflects upon the team. Place looks like it's owned by a crackhead. The further the team distances itself from that mess...the better. How anyone can condone this ...is beyond me. It just goes to show how low the bar has been set as to what is acceptable in Big D now days. Tom Landry wouldn't have put up w/ this. He ran Hollywood Henderson off...and I imagine he would have done the same w/ Dez.:rolleyes:

Would you have cut Irvin?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
This is why this team will never amount to anything with idiot players like this. It never ends with this team as there is always an issue be it illegal drugs, abuse, Stealing, missing practices etc etc... Really getting tired of this team after 44 years.

Leave.

Sydla

Reaction score
Royce West is a dirtbag that has been taking advantage of Dez from the beginning......he saw Dez coming from a mile and pretended to mentor him and protect, all the while he had both hands in his pockets....you can side with him all you want... I already said Dez may have been sending a message with the damage so I am not excusing him but that doesn't mean guys like West and Wells aren't hustlers...

Frankly I don't care about West or Wells. So if they are trying to hustle Bryant that will be sorted out if this gets to court. I don't side with them at all. I just won't dismiss his claim based on some conjecture that he's trying to "get" Bryant.

But the fact remains, Bryant looks irresponsible and immature here. Again, this isn't the first time Bryant has tried to stiff someone on money he owes them.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
But the fact remains, Bryant looks irresponsible and immature here. Again, this isn't the first time Bryant has tried to stiff someone on money he owes them.

This stuff (and more serious) is happening with more than half of the NFL. It gets blown-up because DEZ + Cowboys.

ksadler1

Reaction score
You've never seen a house that has seen squatters and the like. That is obvious.

Houses like that don't have running water and electricity normally. Think of what people without working toilets and light high on crack might do. It's a lot more than stained carpet.

I've seen plenty of crack houses. There's some similarites, trust me.

Sydla

Reaction score
You think this story would have made headlines, or even been written, if it concerned Pierre Garçon?

Took my 5 seconds to find stories on ESPN, CBS Sports, etc. that Nerlens Noel of the 76ers, a 10 win team last year, was sued over damages to a house he was renting.

I think some of you tend to live in this Cowboys bubble and think it only happens to Cowboys players and that the press only picks on Cowboys players when, in fact, it's not really that uncommon.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Took my 5 seconds to find stories on ESPN, CBS Sports, etc. that Nerlens Noel of the 76ers, a 10 win team last year, was sued over damages to a house he was renting.

I think some of you tend to live in this Cowboys bubble and think it only happens to Cowboys players and that the press only picks on Cowboys players when, in fact, it's not really that uncommon.

Well that story included death threats and drugs, but point taken.

Still a non-issue in my mind. If you under the illusion that Dez is a saint you're going to have a bad time.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still a non-issue in my mind. If you under the illusion that Dez is a saint you're going to have a bad time.

No, but I'm under the impression Dez Bryant is an idiot and his career will not end well.

Mark it down. Forget about it when I'm right.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Lol..."There could be 60k in damages, but not based on those pictures."

So, why would you think/assume/presume that the only damages existing would be those things that can be shown in the pictures?

Also, what do you mean "leaked?"

The pictures are sourced from formal documents that were submitted to the court.

If you simply read the court document available with the article you'd be informed.

You answered your own question.

And I work two jobs in professional markets, I barely have enough time to read this forum, much less read a document I don't even really care about or argue on this forum with pedantic internet badasses.

Why would they pull a few photos that show minimal damage? That fails the logic test.

The complaint also alleges that there was damage to lighting and ceiling fans, the security system, the landscaping had to be fixed and a gate had to be replaced. Some doors were also apparently damaged and he had to repair/replace the garage door locks as well.

So if what the suit alleges is accurate (and again I have no idea)............... if he had to replace carpeting, re-paint most of the house, repair or replace flooring, replace lighting and ceiling fans, fix the security system, fix damaged landscaping, replace windows, fix some doors, repair the garage door and then possibly repairs to issues like subflooring, etc......................... $60K wouldn't be outrageous by any stretch.

Yeah I glanced over the expense report. If that's true then sure. But, he better have other photos that whoever, for some reason, didn't post.

And I still highly doubt this guy and West didn't have some influence on these photos getting out, even if it was just a heads up to media members. PR are usually the first shots fired in litigation.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Why are you taking the complaint in a legal dispute at face value?

Status
Not open for further replies.