Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant sued by state Sen. Royce West

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
LOL. No offense, but you are clueless here.

Here's a suggestion. Walk into a Home Depot and price out their Glidden paint for a gallon of gray paint. Then find your local Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams paint store and price out a gallon of gray paint there.

Drywall is fairly stable in terms of price regardless of where you buy it. But the labor involved with hanging, taping, mudding, and prepping the walls for paint or wallpaper can vary significantly.

Carpeting has a wide price range. But it can get pricey. And if there is water damage to the carpet, there's a decent chance the subfloor could have damage. No idea if this house has a basement or not but you could be talking about replacing not only padding and carpet, but possibly the subfloor.

So I have no idea what the actual cost of the damage here is but the notion that it's impossible there could be $60K of damages could be inaccurate.

Home Depot has Behr paint 'lying around' but waving your hands at SW or whoever else is cute and all but I'm not sure what point youre think youre making.

You admitted I was right in the rest of it. Bringing up labor costs to install said material was cute.

And wishcasting at ancillary problems was extra special cute.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Lol..."There could be 60k in damages, but not based on those pictures."

So, why would you think/assume/presume that the only damages existing would be those things that can be shown in the pictures?

Also, what do you mean "leaked?"

The pictures are sourced from formal documents that were submitted to the court.

If you simply read the court document available with the article you'd be informed.

The court requires proof and simple statements are not enough. Pictures otoh are objective proof. IF you take out the assertions without supporting evidence and then judge you pretty quickly see there is not evidence of $60k worth of damage.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The court requires proof and simple statements are not enough. Pictures otoh are objective proof. IF you take out the assertions without supporting evidence and then judge you pretty quickly see there is not evidence of $60k worth of damage.

Sorry, is this supposed to be profound?

Of course the court requires some burden of proof or justification for the estimates.

Why are you assuming West simply just pulled the figure $61,546.77 out of his arse?

I'm guessing with that specific a figure (down to the penny), he simply added up all the estimates (or work already completed) to come up with that number.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You answered your own question.

And I work two jobs in professional markets, I barely have enough time to read this forum, much less read a document I don't even really care about or argue on this forum with pedantic internet badasses.

Why would they pull a few photos that show minimal damage? That fails the logic test.

Yeah I glanced over the expense report. If that's true then sure. But, he better have other photos that whoever, for some reason, didn't post.

And I still highly doubt this guy and West didn't have some influence on these photos getting out, even if it was just a heads up to media members. PR are usually the first shots fired in litigation.

Lol, fails the logic test?

C'mon mayne, I get that you're busy, but being admittedly misinformed and still making unfounded speculations, especially when the available information undermines some of your claims (or speculation), fails the "logic test."

Why do you assume the photos included in the article are an exhaustive documentation of the damage? Beyond that, the photos do show significant damage and may have been taken early on before tearing up the carpets and seeing damage to the hardwood or subflooring.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not any more than you think all carpet, paint, and whatever else is priced exactly the same.

Behr paint is arguably the best paint you can buy and it's 'lying around' Home Depot. You think the berber carpet they sell elsewhere is somehow better?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Sorry, is this supposed to be profound?

Of course the court requires some burden of proof or justification for the estimates.

Why are you assuming West simply just pulled the figure $61,546.77 out of his arse?

Actually I do think the notion of legal assumption and both parties having their say before judgment is a human right. I don't know about profound but I do think it prudent if you don't want to look like an idiot with consistency after all is said and done.

I have no idea how West got to that conclusion. That is the whole point about presumption.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Behr paint is arguably the best paint you can buy and it's 'lying around' Home Depot. You think the berber carpet they sell elsewhere is somehow better?

Are you somehow missing the point that there is a vast delta related to pricing (economical to high end) when it comes to materials and finishes?

The fact you can purchase either or at the same location (Home Depot) is completely irrelevant.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Are you somehow missing the point that there is a vast delta related to pricing (economical to high end) when it comes to materials and finishes?

The fact you can by either or at the same location (Home Depot) is completely irrelevant.

Review his initial comment in the discussion and try again. If you cannot keep up then perhaps you should just stop.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
he showed 5 pictures and I'm sure those were the best/worst he could find....the idea that every square foot of flooring needs to be replaces is ludicrous...the drywall was were a TV was mounted, just like every house in America and the garage had some pet food/trash piled up....the horror

cause i'm sure he's showing off all he can so people in newsgroups will see the just and true damage of what was done. i mean, no -

you must be right.

this is an all out assault on dez and he's NEVER EVER EVER shown such strange behavior before. i mean you talk of common things to leave in houses, feces is way up there, you should expect it, right?

and if real wood floors, those are a pain and highly expensive to repair in as much as replace.

but you must be right.

dez has it so rough.

let me wah with you.

wah.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Dez has never really been the brightest bulb in the box... He's pretty close to being a fully blown bulb, to be honest...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how many times we have to post threads on topics where only one side of a story is presented, only to see the other side come out and go 'huh, well, that's a little bit different, then' before we'll realize that we should just have waiting to have a more complete picture in the first place. Not sure how many times, but it's apparently a number in the thousands somewhere because I feel like that's how many times we've had threads like these and later realized that the drama had nothing to do with anything more than incomplete reporting.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
cause i'm sure he's showing off all he can so people in newsgroups will see the just and true damage of what was done. i mean, no -

you must be right.

this is an all out assault on dez and he's NEVER EVER EVER shown such strange behavior before. i mean you talk of common things to leave in houses, feces is way up there, you should expect it, right?

and if real wood floors, those are a pain and highly expensive to repair in as much as replace.

but you must be right.

dez has it so rough.

let me wah with you.

wah.

I'm not going to say Dez is without faults but when the alternative is West and I'm forced to choose I know which side I fall on.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cards shown. Thanks.

For the record, I think Dez is pretty loosely wound in his personal life, but if I'm picking between that crook David Wells and his cohort and Dez, I'd back Dez' version of the story, too. That is, assuming Dez's version of the story were out before we all started leaping to conclusions.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Nobody would decorate or furnish a house of that value using middle of the road materials, and whether or not one product is better than another doesn't make a bit of difference if a purchaser is only going to shop for his materials in a specific price range. Surprisingly, when expensive things are broken they are expensive to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.