Dallas is horrible at drafting Dlineman

gtb1943

Reaction score
It’s funny. We suck at drafting. We aren’t major players in free agency. Yet, somehow, they’ve won 12 games three years in a row. If all that was true, you wouldn’t have a .500 team. So how is that possible? Magic of prayer? lol….
We do well overall in drafting; our FA is strictly cheap; have done some decent trades. So that with good coaching has gotten us up to pretender category. But it will not get us into contender status unless something major changes.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Not being able to draft DL is a problem that is exacerbated by our unwillingness to address in free agency

kskboys

Reaction score
Not being able to draft DL is a problem that is exacerbated by our unwillingness to address in free agency
Unwillingness and inability.

Don't forget the Cedric Thornton failure. This FO has no idea of the difference between a 1 tech and a 3 tech. We consistently try to play 3 tech types at the 1. Hades, we even took a NT in Mazi and then turned around and made him lose a pile of weight to become a 3 tech. Mercy sakes alive we are dumb.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If you don’t like DL drafted how about Mo Claiborne Kelvin Joseph Nashon Wright Dwayne Goodrich Mario Edwards …..CB has been a mixed bag

kskboys

Reaction score
Felt it was 2 rounds too early.

He hustles and he's much better in coverage than he is against the run. I think this FO, primarily the two part-time Personnel guy slash billionaires, get enamored with shiny things, and the scouts know better than to tell them they might be wrong. Liufau is always hyped up after every play celebrating and fist pumping, and he's running all over the field. I think he guesses a lot in run defense. If he guesses right, it looks great, if he guesses wrong, there's an exposed gap. Someone on Twitter made the comp, but he very much reminds me of the NFL (not college) version of Jaylon Smith, where he is just jumping and flying around, and teams are mistaking that "energy" as being disruptive.

I don't think he is better than Overshown or even Clark. If they are imagining him as an eventual Kendricks replacement at Mike, this team will continue to get manhandled in the run game.
Stop. An 8th grade LB is better than Clark. He's terrible.

Overshown is an unknown at this point, but all signs point toward him being able to play.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Front Office is hung up on perceived high motors (aka try-hard guys) and "position flex." They end up drafting a bunch of guys who can't win their individual match-up's on a consistent basis.

Kneeland is fine, I do not love the pick and I don't see him developing into an impact starter, which is what a 2nd round pick should be able to project to.

Drafting Kneeland is the equivalent of being down 11 with 2 minutes to go, and opting to kick a field goal. Sure, I get it, but you are now asking for everything else to have to work out perfect. This team has too many holes in the starting line-up to draft a 4th or 5th DE who doesn't get to the Quarterback.
Kneeland is The Assassin. The new one. He's the guy that screws up the LOS and chases the QB out for others to make plays.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Unwillingness and inability.

Don't forget the Cedric Thornton failure. This FO has no idea of the difference between a 1 tech and a 3 tech. We consistently try to play 3 tech types at the 1. Hades, we even took a NT in Mazi and then turned around and made him lose a pile of weight to become a 3 tech. Mercy sakes alive we are dumb.
So true

Back when we had Parcells, we got productivity out of those DL draft picks because they were acquired with a purpose.

kskboys

Reaction score
So true

Back when we had Parcells, we got productivity out of those DL draft picks because they were acquired with a purpose.
Now we ruin players careers by playing them out of position. Ratliff.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ahh, the mythical stat that Tyrone Crawford truthers claimed for years.

No thanks. DE's need to make plays. They are not 1Techs.
Ah, the mythical idea that a DE isn't any good if he doesn't get 20 sacks.

We are a different team when DLaw is on the field. He makes the D mountains better w/o getting sacks. Huge difference maker. You must be big into FF.

Crawford was a good rotational type that we overpaid and then played out of position at DE. Just some more stupid/crazy crapp that this FO does.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agree. Position coaches and DCs allowed too much input. This team is still paying for the Taco over Watt decision.
They have to allow that due to them being completely incompetent w/ NFL personnel.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dorrance Armstrong found later in draft was serviceable . Randy Gregory had his moments of doubt and fame pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name ….:facepalm:
Gregory was terrible and was a complete bust.