Dallas to host Alfred Morris on Monday

mattjames2010

Reaction score
bah,so we are ok with drafting a 4th TE who had 5 catches in his college career but couldnt use a measly 7th Rd on a RB for a guy who we liked.

You understand the RB you said was BEGGING to come here scoffed at our offer and chose another team, right? We did attempt to get Rawls, he wanted to be in Seattle.

rags747

Reaction score
Don't want, slow as all hell, this offense needs speed and playmakers, what hell are we doing??

DTown214

Reaction score
His numbers have dropped so much without a healthy RG3 running the ball to take attention away from him. Also, I hate his jersey number 46. Not feeling that at all. He'd have to change that ASAP if we signed him.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He's still got it; saw lots of Skins games last year living in VA.
He's a very tough runner once he hits the secondary, and he will immediately be our best short yardage/goal line back.

Henry could be selected before #34, and I don't want to use that pick on him anyway. I'm guessing we may think RB in rounds 3-4, but the guys you target can be gone, or someone rated much higher at another position can slip to the top of the next round, changing your mind about the RB selection. It makes sense to go into the draft with a RB corps you don't mind going into the season with. Then you draft a RB only if certain he's an upgrade over #1 or #2.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
His numbers have dropped so much without a healthy RG3 running the ball to take attention away from him. Also, I hate his jersey number 46. Not feeling that at all. He'd have to change that ASAP if we signed him.

:rolleyes:

CWR

Reaction score
we had plenty of chance to draft a RB last year,are you kidding? how about a freaking 7th RD for Rawls who we begged to come here but he guy us the finger.

We were at the bottom of the round and I think there was alot of guys we would have drafted but missed on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't want, slow as all hell, this offense needs speed and playmakers, what hell are we doing??

We need consistency. That's what Murray gave us - it wasn't the homerun threat, it was consistently moving he ball and grinding out that yardage. And we already have McFadden, so we don't need Morris to be the lead back.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bah,so we are ok with drafting a 4th TE who had 5 catches in his college career but couldnt use a measly 7th Rd on a RB for a guy who we liked.

All 32 teams passed on him, yet the Cowboys are the only ones who made a stupid decision passing on him? Come on - you have the benefit of hindsight. We are all geniuses when we have that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My biggest issue with him isn't so much the declining rushing totals but the fact he is non-existent as a pass catcher. Every time he's on the field you are limiting your offense. 47 catches in 4 years.

I agree. I think the rushing totals are more a product of uncertainty in how to go forward with the running game in Washington the last few years. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it last year. Morris started the season with a great game, had an injury, his replacement did well, and from there the team just seemed to have no idea what the hell they were doing with the RB's.

But the lack of receiving skills is something of a concern. If we didn't already have McFadden I would call it a deal killer, but since we are looking for someone to compliment McFadden rather than be the lead dog I don't know that it is as much of an issue.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We need consistency. That's what Murray gave us - it wasn't the homerun threat, it was consistently moving he ball and grinding out that yardage. And we already have McFadden, so we don't need Morris to be the lead back.

Consistent is what McFadden wasn't last year. You sort of contradicted yourself.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
If this is his first visit he should come cheap. If he stinks, cut him, who cares. Why not

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I would hate this. Declining player who isn't a receiving threat and his addition would make it doubtful we add a back in the draft. Which is what this team desperately needs to do.

You just signed Dunbar. I don't see the point of this now. Why would you want to go into the season with these three backs?

If you sign Morris...and then don't draft a RB....then that's a problem.:banghead:

A teams goal should be to get younger @ RB....Not older.:rolleyes:

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Has had success running in a similar blocking scheme and is not as old as some other backs out there and could be cheap. Sounds like a Cowboys signing and what they been doing lately the last few years in Freeagency, bring in Morris and go with Bosa since we couldn't land a free agent.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Had two straight 1,000 yard seasons after his rookie year. Feel off the face of the Earth? :huh:

From his first year to his second he had 400 less yards. From year 2 to 3 he had 200 less yards. From year 3 to 4 he had 200 less yards than the previous year. Last year he had 250 less yards. I guess what I meant is he had a significant drop off in production, but that's just according to tangible stats.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
DMC and Morris would be a nice 1-2 punch on the cheap. I could see them combining for 1,800+ yards collectively. As much as I want Zeke, I'd rather spend big money on a premium position that has a longer shelf life...like Safety (Jalen Ramsey). I could see Zeke (potentially) being elite for 5-7 years whereas Ramsey (potentially) being elite for 10+ years.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
On the bright side it might stop all this Zeke "Molly" Elliott talk at #4. Bring on Wentz or Goff