Dallas to host Alfred Morris on Monday

CCBoy

Reaction score
Get out of here. That's all we heard last spring.

Meat on the bone. Randle has the home run burst.

Now the same people blasting Murray are endorsing an even slower back, who also is hitting a wall in terms of mileage.

Randle also make the Pro Bowl twice?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to invoke the Spagnola Principle, but it applies.

Why is a RB just four years in the league, 3 of which were 1,000 yard seasons, available and presumably willing to play for chump change?

The Commanders basically said see you later, let us know what you get pn the market and we'll think about it.

My biggest issue with him isn't so much the declining rushing totals but the fact he is non-existent as a pass catcher. Every time he's on the field you are limiting your offense. 47 catches in 4 years.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yep. More average at RB. Good enough. Settle. It's the Cowboy way.

If we were going to go this route why not Foster who is an infinitely better and more versatile talent than Morris? Sure he's got huge injury concerns but if he didn't he wouldn't be on the market. Roll the dice there.

About now, Foster comes pretty cheaply as well...but Morris still has the younger age factor and with some recent 'rest' as to pounding.

Nexx

Reaction score
Murray hasn't been 4.4 40 guy in a while.

He gained weight and slowed down.

Watch his runs in 2014... he as slow as molasses to the hole and couldn't outrun anyone. He was effective because he didn't go down easily and he had some pretty nice holes to run through. He's an efficient runner. So is Morris.

agreed, i would put money on Morris having a better top end speed than Murray now.

robjay04

Reaction score
My biggest issue with him isn't so much the declining rushing totals but the fact he is non-existent as a pass catcher. Every time he's on the field you are limiting your offense. 47 catches in 4 years.

I do think we are still searching for a back that can do it all. This is why we inquired about Murray and had real interest in Miller and moderate interest in Forte. I see Morris as an insurance policy and nothing else. He could be beneficial as a short yardage, situational type back in case we don't find a back we like in the draft.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think he is past his prime,just draft a Rb already.we are so allergic to drafting Rbs its just crazy especially with this Oline.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Come to think of it, it will be great. Since our OL is so dominant, we can dare opponents to stop us on the ground when Morris is in the game. That sounds exciting.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think he is past his prime,just draft a Rb already.we are so allergic to drafting Rbs its just crazy especially with this Oline.

We are one year removed from losing our starting RB. We haven't had enough drafts to know if we are allergic to drafting RBs yet.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
What this is really saying is that he will re-sign with Commanders on Sunday night.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I do think we are still searching for a back that can do it all. This is why we inquired about Murray and had real interest in Miller and moderate interest in Forte. I see Morris as an insurance policy and nothing else. He could be beneficial as a short yardage, situational type back in case we don't find a back we like in the draft.

We would intentionally have to ignore the position for that to happen. This is a better group than last year when we were just left snapping our fingers that we just missed them all.

reddyuta

Reaction score
We are one year removed from losing our starting RB. We haven't had enough drafts to know if we are allergic to drafting RBs yet.

we had plenty of chance to draft a RB last year,are you kidding? how about a freaking 7th RD for Rawls who we begged to come here but he guy us the finger.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Get out of here. That's all we heard last spring.

Meat on the bone. Randle has the home run burst.

Now the same people blasting Murray are endorsing an even slower back, who also is hitting a wall in terms of mileage.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/-80iLf9mJ1cc/VunJCzeuSSI/AAAAAAAE17k/HH_VHy626yA/s346/17VPS.gif

mattjames2010

Reaction score
we had plenty of chance to draft a RB last year,are you kidding? how about a freaking 7th RD for Rawls who we begged to come here but he guy us the finger.

That...doesn't prove we are "allergic" to drafting an RB. That means we went one draft since losing our starting RB without drafting one. And Stephen has already stated they wanted to draft an RB last year, it just didn't work out.

RS12

Reaction score
Devonte Booker would do wonders for this offense. Doubt he ends up here though.

reddyuta

Reaction score
That...doesn't prove we are "allergic" to drafting an RB. That means we went one draft since losing our starting RB without drafting one. And Stephen has already stated they wanted to draft an RB last year, it just didn't work out.

bah,so we are ok with drafting a 4th TE who had 5 catches in his college career but couldnt use a measly 7th Rd on a RB for a guy who we liked.