Dalton for 10M or Dak for 40M?

jnday

Reaction score
I would take Dalton at $20 million instead of overpaying Dak and killing the salary cap in coming years which will cause the entire roster to decline, but they signed Dak and that is all that matters for the Dak lovers. Dak is more important than the team for many of those fans.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
in the games Dak played, we were within 3 points with three minutes to go, against three playoff teams...in games Dalton played, the game was literally over in the first quarter....... so y our point?

vs. Rams Game was close but Dak only managed to lead the team to 17 points

vs. Seahawks Dak led Dallas to 30-15 deficit start of 3rd Quarter

vs. Browns Dak led Dallas to 41-14 deficit end of 3rd Quarter

Funny how you paint Dak as keeping Dallas close yet Dalton as game was over by 1st quarter yet according to stats your assertion is a lie as here is Dalton's losses:

Dalton vs. ARI Score 0-0 end of 1st quarter

Dalton vs. WFT Score 9-3 WFT end of 1st quarter

Dalton vs. WFT Score 7-3 WFT end of 1st quarter

Dalton vs. BALT Score 7-3 BALT end of 1st quarter

Dalton vs. NYG Score 6-3 NYG end of 1st quarter

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
last time I checked Dalton beat three teams that had 4 wins and played their back up QBs...if you guarantee me that half the games in the season are played against those type teams....I will support you and the loser Dalton....

Dalton got his arse handed to him on a platter with a side of fries against teams like WFT, AZ and Ravens....legit teams with more than 4 wins..

:clap:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::popcorn::hammer:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would take Dalton at $20 million instead of overpaying Dak and killing the salary cap in coming years which will cause the entire roster to decline, but they signed Dak and that is all that matters for the Dak lovers. Dak is more important than the team for many of those fans.

Oh yah, that extra 2 million will build you a top 5 defense. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

jnday

Reaction score

Funny how you paint Dak as keeping Dallas close yet Dalton as game was over by 1st quarter yet according to stats your assertion is a lie as here is Dalton's losses:

The trend that you expose with this post will be ignored and criticized because the facts don’t fit the Dak-loving agenda around here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The trend that you expose with this post will be ignored and criticized because the facts don’t fit the Dak-loving agenda around here.

Rams were the #1 defense in the NFL no shame there.

So your saying that the defense gave up 41 points by the 3rd quarter? Wasnt that the game they rushed for 300 yards or something?

And the Seattle game? Defense gave up 30 points in 3 quarters?

NO, the trend was exposed. Our defense sucks!!!

Adreme

Reaction score
Rams game was week 1 yet they were the #1 ranked defense? Okay.

Seattle game: Dak had 3 turnovers (2 INT's and 1 fumble)

Browns game: Dak had 2 turnovers (1 INT and 1 fumble)

Yet his turnovers was the defenses fault....right? Okay.

You want to blame getting strip sacked from a blind-side hit on the QB...ya you are taking an absolutely unbiased take. You can blame INTs on the QB (usually), but that is about all from the turnover department.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They can be but they are few and far between and would have to be on a case-by-case basis. You can probably pin around 80% of INTs on a QB, but at most 20% of fumbles. So when you just throw them all together it reeks of a disingenuous argument.

And when you dont mention your RB that lead the league in fumbles during that time, the agenda is showing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Rams were the #1 defense in the NFL no shame there.

So your saying that the defense gave up 41 points by the 3rd quarter? Wasnt that the game they rushed for 300 yards or something?

And the Seattle game? Defense gave up 30 points in 3 quarters?

NO, the trend was exposed. Our defense sucks!!!

It’s so odd the Rams were able
To build the #1 defense with goffs contract on the books.

I was told it’s impossible to field a good defense once a QB gets a second contract.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

At the end of games, with three minutes to go, the game is within 3 points...

And thanks for posting those game stats. It shows how craapy the defense was giving up 30 points in a half or 3 quarters.

And how much better the defense played against other competition.

I appreciate you making my case.

Interesting you post scores for 3rd Quarter for Dak. And first quarter for dolly.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop with personal insults and names. If you don't like or get along with a poster... PUT THEM ON IGNORE

USArmyVet

Reaction score
At the end of games, with three minutes to go, the game is within 3 points...

And thanks for posting those game stats. It shows how craapy the defense was giving up 30 points in a half or 3 quarters.

And how much better the defense played against other competition.

I appreciate you making my case.

Interesting you post scores for 3rd Quarter for Dak. And first quarter for dolly.

Reading ability helps: you stated the Dalton led Cowboys were blown out by the first quarter and Dak was within one score with 3 minutes to go in the game. Your Dalton statement was false and why ignore Dak's turnovers or inability to get points in the first 3 quarters thereby putting the defense on the field all the time and way behind on the scoreboard. So if you think I proved your point then you didn't read the post very well.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I'll take Dak over Dalton every day. He's expensive, but we can compensate for it by hitting big on our draft picks next month. Recall we got Marcus Spears, Demarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff, and Chris Canty all in one draft. Let's do something like that again.