Dalton for 10M or Dak for 40M?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither one, build a doomsday defense, pickup Jacoby Brissett and develop Gilbert.
Over the 7 years since Gilbert was drafted he has struggled to even stick on a practice squad, had to play a year in a fly by night start up league, and has only thrown 44 career NFL passes. What is there to develop?

A for building a Doomsday Defense, that sounds good, but how realistic is that anytime soon?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Over the 7 years since Gilbert was drafted he has struggled to even stick on a practice squad, had to play a year in a fly by night start up league, and has only thrown 44 career NFL passes. What is there to develop?

A for building a Doomsday Defense, that sounds good, but how realistic is that anytime soon?

Gotta love these guys:

"Poof, build a championship defense".................."Poof, draft a QB".

As if these things are simple.

And lets remember that all these trolls for Dak's first 4 years kept telling us that that ONLY way to win a SB was with a great QB. That Dak wasnt good enough. An average bus driver.

Now that Dak is a legit top 7 QB, all of a sudden they dont need a QB. They want a great defense.

Trolls will be trolls.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Bruh, Dalton is painfully boring watching Dalton QB and offense. Dak for $40M.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
you know those last 4 games were against teams with 4 wins (or less at the time), 3 of them against their back up QBs, and his last game against a starting QB and a 5 win team at the time....he needed 9 turnovers from the defense, defgense scoring and a special teams TD to win 3 of those games...... against average or good teams, he laid an ostrich sized egg....

...and in the 5 games he played Dak could only beat a team that won 4 games (Atlanta) and 6 games (Giants).......so your point?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Did u watch football last year? Dak all day every day.

I 100% agree with "Dak all day every day". Seems a no-brainer to me, if for no other reason than Dalton's age and past 10 years record.

But please, quit with the "Did u watch football last year" comments, that's unnecessary. As Abe Lincoln was said to have said "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt". Let them speak and you'll find out if they watch the games, more fun that way.

If a poster didn't or doesn't watch the games, I think most of us who do can tell that...

mardwin

Reaction score
Let's wait until the season is over and compare the Bears and Cowboys records. Dak is not going to get a pass if he fails to reach the conference championship at the very least.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's wait until the season is over and compare the Bears and Cowboys records. Dak is not going to get a pass if he fails to reach the conference championship at the very least.

If he does not get there, it won't be his fault...lol. Maybe the gatoraid got spiked with some Purple drank.

mardwin

Reaction score
If he does not get there, it won't be his fault...lol. Maybe the gatoraid got spiked with some Purple drank.

Just like the QB gets the big bucks unless Dak impresses like in his rookie season (D was trash) he's going to take the heat.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just like the QB gets the big bucks unless Dak impresses like in his rookie season (D was trash) he's going to take the heat.

Well, the Dak fans are the ones that perpetuate the heat he will take because of their incessant posts of love for the greatest QB to walk the earth...they will get an ear full.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In a salary cap era anyone who wants a player to be paid top dollar is not a fan of the team but a groupie of the player or a total moron without basic understanding of mathematics and economics

fans of the team should want players to be paid less not more so the team has more room to improve the team

I can only assume that you are the same
oh, wow, its the salary cap era....you can't cheer for a team that doesn't pay the player minimum wage...oooohhh aaahhh..What the heck!!!

I have forgotten more about mathematics than you ever learned in your life...you have no idea how football works in salary cap era...all you want to do is complain, nag....and given that, there is always something for your go complain and nag about

btw, Dak's salary cap hit is 22M...Dalton 10M....you want to go with the loser at 10M...because you like to win the spreadsheet war of caps....you don't much care about winning games...typical clueless complainer

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
...and in the 5 games he played Dak could only beat a team that won 4 games (Atlanta) and 6 games (Giants).......so your point?
in the games Dak played, we were within 3 points with three minutes to go, against three playoff teams...in games Dalton played, the game was literally over in the first quarter....... so y our point?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
...and we were an 8 win team in 2019 with Dak so based on your post Dalton gets 1/2 the wins of Dak for 1/4 of the price.
last time I checked Dalton beat three teams that had 4 wins and played their back up QBs...if you guarantee me that half the games in the season are played against those type teams....I will support you and the loser Dalton....

Dalton got his arse handed to him on a platter with a side of fries against teams like WFT, AZ and Ravens....legit teams with more than 4 wins..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I never said anything about Dalton being better than Dak, I said there is a difference between 4 offensive linemen playing and by the middle to end of the year, you have not just backups, but street players playing but I guess to you, it doesn't matter who's playing in the offensive line.. now go play in your sand box....
and I explained to you, that collins never started a game. tyron played 1.5 games, looney played most season.....

now, go play with your dolls mary poppins