Video: Dalton is not very happy

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably healthy Dak.

Probably. In fact...of course. But that isn't what's happening right now is it? I don't see how some of you guys live in a real world with such fantasy imaginations.

With Dak's hot streak we'd probably actually be 3-4 and WAY ahead of the rest of the NFC east.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Probably. In fact...of course. But that isn't what's happening right now is it? I don't see how some of you guys live in a real world with such fantasy imaginations.

With Dak's hot streak we'd probably actually be 3-4 and WAY ahead of the rest of the NFC east.
"You guys"? You asked a question and I answered a hypothetical.
I wasn't serious, obviously. Healthy Dak isn't walking through that door.

Relax guy.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I think most people underestimate how mentally weak this team is. They have only known Garrett and his simplified game plans. For the first time in their careers a coach comes in from a real NFL team and they can’t get through half a season before they start crying about how complicated the scheme (defense in particular) is. There are very few that I would keep through a rebuild.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think most people underestimate how mentally weak this team is. They have only known Garrett and his simplified game plans. For the first time in their careers a coach comes in from a real NFL team and they can’t get through half a season before they start crying about how complicated the scheme (defense in particular) is. There are very few that I would keep through a rebuild.
took 2 games lol

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"You guys"? You asked a question and I answered a hypothetical.
I wasn't serious, obviously. Healthy Dak isn't walking through that door.

Relax guy.

Okay I got trolled. I admit...all the chest thumpin told ya so's...a bit under my skin. I don't understand why we're treating Andy so terrible...just to say HA! Told ya he wasn't as good as Dak!".

This is a terrible team right now. The people that defended Dak are doing the same thing to Andy they claimed others did to Dak. It's ...well I don't get it. Buncha apes and sports I guess?

Then to have to wade though sarcasm....well I do surely have to relax a little bit!

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I don't care if the guy has no skins on the wall here. You protect and respect the guy that is your job to protect. They're jobs are to protect him. That's why they get paychecks.
And to people saying it's a respect thing and the team only plays for their pay?
Not protecting your QB doesn't enhance your next paycheck.
Do you see a cheap shot on that play? I keep watching that replay and just don't see it. I've been yelled at multiple times so have at it.

Corso

Reaction score
Okay I got trolled. I admit...all the chest thumpin told ya so's...a bit under my skin. I don't understand why we're treating Andy so terrible...just to say HA! Told ya he wasn't as good as Dak!".

This is a terrible team right now. The people that defended Dak are doing the same thing to Andy they claimed others did to Dak. It's ...well I don't get it. Buncha apes and sports I guess?

Then to have to wade though sarcasm....well I do surely have to relax a little bit!
You're all good broskie! Life's no fun without a smile.

Corso

Reaction score
Do you see a cheap shot on that play? I keep watching that replay and just don't see it. I've been yelled at multiple times so have at it.
I understand where you're coming from.
I get it and I see what you're seeing.
I still want a player to get chippy on that just so the other teams out there know they don't abide this ish.
Close call, or not, it was in the heat of the moment and I, as the QB, would want some heat on that play so future players don't think they have carte blanche to hone in with no repercussion, but a flag and maybe a DQ for taking the field general out.

conner01

Reaction score
Imagine being Andy Dalton.

Sign with your home state Cowboys. Easy job as a backup and likely heading to the playoffs.

Ok. Well Dak gets hurt. Oh well. Easy extra 1 million bonus to coast into the playoffs. Going to earn a nice contract from some other team next year as I make the playoffs.

Now this lol
If he thought he was gonna get a nice contract from being a backup for a year then he’s not smart enough to be a nfl QB lol
It’s not like teams were throwing money at him this year

Adreme

Reaction score
Would you be willing to give the backup more than just a couple games? I guess since Dak never ever had a bad game I can see where you're coming from.

We don't have to resort to insults here do we? I'm not "blind" to anything. Unlike you...I'm living in the real world. Our starter is injured...backup had to come in with a sheety 1-3 team. The same o-line that got the starter injured got the back up (1-1...for the record) injured. And here we sit arguing about who's the better QB? This is asinine.

Dak is the starter. Andy is the backup. The team.... *** up both of them. But hey let's do some more chest thumpin' shall we?

Except he is not just "a backup". He is a backup who is playing exactly like how he played for the Bengals for the better part of a decade. This is not some "new" thing for Dalton. He has played like this his ENTIRE career. Is he playing slightly worse? Yes, but that is because for the first time in his career the offensive unit he is a part of is not stacked at multiple positions.

Basically if the Cowboys traded for Mitch Trubisky and he played terrible for his first couple games I would not be thinking "man lets give him a few more games to see if maybe he stops looking like he has his entire career".

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from.
I get it and I see what you're seeing.
I still want a player to get chippy on that just so the other teams out there know they don't abide this ish.
Close call, or not, it was in the heat of the moment and I, as the QB, would want some heat on that play so future players don't think they have carte blanche to hone in with no repercussion, but a flag and maybe a DQ for taking the field general out.
I appreciate this response. As a former player, I concur.

Silly

Reaction score
somebody better. I think big mike was eating a box of doughnuts on the sideline.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except he is not just "a backup". He is a backup who is playing exactly like how he played for the Bengals for the better part of a decade. This is not some "new" thing for Dalton. He has played like this his ENTIRE career. Is he playing slightly worse? Yes, but that is because for the first time in his career the offensive unit he is a part of is not stacked at multiple positions.

Basically if the Cowboys traded for Mitch Trubisky and he played terrible for his first couple games I would not be thinking "man lets give him a few more games to see if maybe he stops looking like he has his entire career".

You can pontificate and bloviate all you want. You can hate on Andy...that's fine. Since you had a BETTER QB to be our backup to Dak...right?

But he wasn't our backup when he STARTED. Fool.