Twitter: Dalton Schultz compares Texans vs Cowboys culture

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Beat the Packers.
Best the Lions
3 Times a charmer you get revenge on the Niners in the NFCCG.
Cowboys vs Ravens in the SB.

What culture problem are we talking about here?
Winning cures all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just another thread the haters like this one hijack it with their hate.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just another thread the haters like this one hijack it with their hate.
Haters everywhere Rock be careful........... :muttley:
Watch out they could be next to you right now!!
Haters ouuuuuuuu there hating on you from everywhere Rock so run Rock run!!!
The world is full of them Rock and they hating and hating esp on Dakky Poo.
Put on your WW2 helmet and get under the table NOW Rock... :muttley: ......I hear the haters on them hills!!

plasticman

Reaction score
Presently, which team do you believe will win a future Super Bowl first?

The Texans have never been on a trajectory. Since their beginning in 2002, they have had three consecutive winning seasons once. They went 9-7 in all three seasons. In the last ten seasons they have had six different quarterbacks start the most games.

I would be more attentive to his interview if they had just come off a Super Bowl victory but who are they? What have they done?

The Texans are actually one of the few teams this century that has a worse playoff record than the Cowboys.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dalton Schultz just proved he is a weak-minded little boy. He produced average-at-best results in Dallas (which he is blaming on the Hollywood lights attention seeking atmosphere due to the brand and marketing business), yet he put up average numbers this last season at the quiet, no attention, nobody cares about Houston Texans? It just proves Dalton Schultz is a weak-minded average player who now clearly likes to whine about his former employer where he himself had the best exposure any team in the NFL could offer. Enjoy getting ****** sponsorships around Houston, big mouthed idiot!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
things-are-definitely-falling-apart-ruined.gif

Tapping on the glass, what are they goldfish?
51AlLwrRjcL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
We are the most valuable team in all of sports for a reason. Of course there's going to be more eyes here than the Texans. Some players can handle it, some can't.
Most valuable team in all of sports that hasn't come close to winning the big one in a quarter of a century.

How utterly embarrassing

Schultz is closer to a Super Bowl now than when he was here

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
Does this franchise have a culture problem? Absolutely. I blame the horrific owner for being more about making money than winning.

With that said, if it was so bad and affected the team so much, we wouldnt have gone 12-5 three years in a row.

The Quarterback pooping his pants against good teams is probably our biggest issue
How did we go the previous 20 years before the quarterback was here?

Keep putting most of it on Dak guys, just like you did with Romo, and just like you will with our next quarterback, while the main problem is still around.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I’ve often wondered about how good the training/strength staff is in Dallas.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Does this franchise have a culture problem? Absolutely. I blame the horrific owner for being more about making money than winning.

With that said, if it was so bad and affected the team so much, we wouldnt have gone 12-5 three years in a row.

The Quarterback pooping his pants against good teams is probably our biggest issue
Keep spreading those lies. That's all you've got, WB. Even Kurt Warner, Cole Beasley and several other ex-players have explained to stubborn fans like yourself how you are wrong.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The interview of Schultz offers a clear insight as to what the differences between a truly functioning team setting and the Cowboys' is all about. Apparently, the Cowboys are an unchanging setup that doesn't offer the best opportunities to function as a great team but a good one, instead. The zoo-like setup there permits people to disrupt the players from having the greatest chance to improve themselves to their best advantage.

Schultz gives an honest assessment that the brand is the main focus of the team, rather than actually converting the players into great ones. It appears that such a sedentary setup encourages a team that's unable to convert itself into a truly championship type of operation.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I've been forced to witness, firsthand, the differences between the organization that previously existed with Landry and his staff, as opposed to what the current organization with Jerry and his clan has established, instead.

It saddens this old man what has happened to the team that I've come to love so much. Here's sincerely hoping that Jerry Jones and his family comes to realize that things must change for this team to return into the real championship team that they were in the days of the past. The Jones family just doesn't understand how to build a champion. That's just so very sad. Somehow, they must see fit to change. :eek:

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
How did we go the previous 20 years before the quarterback was here?

Keep putting most of it on Dak guys, just like you did with Romo, and just like you will with our next quarterback, while the main problem is still around.
Explain to me how the team is able to overcome the culture to win 12 games for 3 seasons in a row just for the QB to throw 5 ints in our last 3 postseason losses.

Make it make sense

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another ambiguous take on the same original Sports Illustrated story, from USA Today (March 20, 2023):

"According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, Schultz apparently turned down a massive three-year, $36 million contract. The implication is that he thought he could do better with a larger offer. He could not, as Schultz remained unsigned over a week into this year’s free-agent period.

On Monday, the now ex-Cowboy finally settled for a deal with the Houston Texans worth … “up to” $9 million. That’s right, Schultz declined $36 million and eventually settled for a contract that will only reach $9 million if he hits particular (undisclosed) incentives.""
Also I believe there has not been any interest from the Texans to bring him back for 2024 the last I seen.

Not sure if he met those incentives. But over the cap site has his base at $6.25 million, giving us a 6th round comp pick. If he met those incentives, the $9 million may move him up to a 5th round. Depending what other FA's final deals come out to be.