Twitter: Dalton Schultz compares Texans vs Cowboys culture

vlad

Reaction score
Ever since i took a tour of the star, albeit some private thing, i realized they aren’t going to win squat. I compared it to like giving a 16 year old a Ferrari- they think they’ve done something to deserve it already.

This team is Stephen, the face of nepotism thinking they’ve earned what is happening.

I mean the locker room uses the dance wood
As rolls royce does in their cars. It was quite obvious that place isn’t crafting tough players.

Dware, beasely, Shultz…sue there are others that said the same thing… This place is not about football

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
STAY ON TOPIC AND QUIT GETTING JAZZED UP AND RUINING THREADS!
Ruining threads? That's what you and your groupies do. You say Schultz is speaking truth? Really? Let's see if the "zoo-like" culture in Dallas affected his performance in Dallas compared to the "strictly football" atmosphere in Houston and his performance there...

Screenshot-20240307-070047-Google.jpg

Certainly looks like Dalton Schultz is talking out of his ish, doesn't it? ^^^^ His best years/performances were when he was at Dallas playing among that "zoo-like" culture, doesn't it? Heck, Dalton Schultz even seeked the Hollywood "zoo-like" culture when he happily came out TWICE on the Cowboys Hour Show hosted by Brad Sham, so Dalton shouldn't be talking smack against the Cowboys when he has so far produced lesser stats now with the Texans. Then "fans" like you always come on here and gaslight any fires against the team. Well, what do you expect real fans to do? Stay quiet and keep letting it slide? Nope.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Another ambiguous take on the same original Sports Illustrated story, from USA Today (March 20, 2023):

"According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, Schultz apparently turned down a massive three-year, $36 million contract. The implication is that he thought he could do better with a larger offer. He could not, as Schultz remained unsigned over a week into this year’s free-agent period.

On Monday, the now ex-Cowboy finally settled for a deal with the Houston Texans worth … “up to” $9 million. That’s right, Schultz declined $36 million and eventually settled for a contract that will only reach $9 million if he hits particular (undisclosed) incentives.""
Dalton Schultz is a lying, big mouth loser. Same goes to the clowns defending him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If that is true, then I stand corrected. However, the article in Sports Illustrated, dated March of 2023 is titled:

Dalton Schultz Says 'No' to Cowboys 'Solid Offer'; Becoming NFL Highest-Paid TE?

This was published after Schultz had played 1 season under the franchise tag in 2023. It states that Schultz "already turned down "a pretty solid multiyear offer" from the Cowboys. It's not specific as to when that offer was made. (before or after the franchise tag season)

I'm genuinely interested if you or anyone has a definitive source either way. I'm of the opinion that the departure of Schultz was due to salary not performance.
I gave you the definitive source reference article. But yes he turned down the 3/36 BEFORE he was tagged.
It was widely discussed.
Thus the fumbling.
AFTER the tag his best offer was 1-year 6M. He was injured and while he tried to play through it he had an awful playoff game in SF.
He has recovered nicely.
He obviously didn't turn down 3/36 in March 2023 when FA opened then sign a deal on 3/20 pre-draft 2023 for 6M two weeks later.

It obviously became a topic for the internet once it was known he lost money.
The logic is easy to see; the wording was poor on the original post and then even more poorly tossed about by people who had no reading comprehension.

Schultz is a weird cat. He had blocked hundreds of Cowboys fans on twitter long before free agency ever came to pass.
Anyone that ever said he made a bad play was just blocked. It is a running joke.
Kind of hilarious but also easy to see why a guy like that doesn't want the attention of the Star.
It doesn't make him wrong that having your facilities be the most visited, most accessible in the league is weird for players.

kevm3

Reaction score
Wait, so a slightly above mediocre player is talking crap about the team that let him go???
Or maybe he is telling the truth as to why we havent been out of the 2nd round 30 years in a row. The focus in dallas isnt on winning

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This bothers me. I want a team that keeps practices and workouts private. Fans can check out the team when preseason starts. That this team gets distracted starting with training camp explains a lot.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did he allow all that in front of Cowboys fans to see live?

Why do you always say "y'all" ? I did not mention a Church?
"Ya'll" appears to be the secret handshake by the Dak Ultra Crusader club.
2-3 of these guys you'd guess are the same person. Their verbiage and use of emojies are creepily exactly alike.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dalton Schultz is a lying, big mouth loser. Same goes to the clowns defending him.
Once again you are basing everything off of stats. I watched the video, and all he said was that the circus atmosphere in Dallas (Frisco, actually) created distractions. He didn't get the feeling the focus had anything to do with football, and it isn't. He gets to Houston and noticed the focus was on football rather than the media circus Jerry thrives on.

So if he mentions how Jerry promotes this circus atmosphere, which we all know is true, how does that make him a lying, big mouth loser? So what if his stats weren't astronomically higher going to another team.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
So having Taylor Swift at each game is not a distraction, yet the Chiefs still can win the chip.

How is knocking on the window while working out (by the way, I wear headphones in the gym to block out distractions, Dalton should try it) any more of a distraction - look the Cowboyus are not
built for everyone, but this media is running with this Cowboys culture thing IMO.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The players seem to enjoy the money and benies. Most of em.
The ones who want to win, like D Ware, have to leave the team to get what they desire more than money. People like Dak, and maybe even Micah and CeeDee, will stick with Dallas for the pay checks.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have a lot of thoughts about this. For example, what happens in Dallas could never happen in Houston because the Texans do not have the storied franchise the Cowboys have.

But at the same time, I can see how this might give the impression that winning is not the priority in Dallas. Keeping up the appearance of Jerryworld comes 1st and winning comes second, or 3rd, or somewhere down the priority list.

To win a championship, winning has to come 1st, 2nd and 3rd. If the players are distracted by all the nonsense then the nonsense has to go.

I can see how some players might get distracted by all that is going on around them. Maybe it makes their workouts a little less effective than they could be. Maybe it effects their focus or changes their focus. At that level the mental part of the game is so important. Preparation too. Just minor differences can separate champions from also rans.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He joined the Texans almost a year ago today. Why would he need more than a full year to know if an organization is disfunctional or not? Did you ever need more than a year to know if a job is that way or not? Of course not.
He joined a team with no head coach and no QB.
They built that team over the last year from scratch.
It didn't have an identity or culture. DeMeco is a stud and looks to be setting that culture up at a very high bar.

If I was hired at a job and they turned over the management team in the past year I'd have no idea what the true culture will be longer term.
This isn't hyperbole it is lived fact.
I worked for a fairly small company that was part of a shared brand between 3 other large companies.
It eventually fell into a management of the single largest brand, that brand was then purchased by an even bigger brand....
Now having been here 9 years and with the big brand for the final 5 years I can safely say the culture changed drastically for the first 5 years.

I am not going to publicly hash that out as these are major fortune 500 companies but if you are really curious, I am pretty open, and my DMs are there for you.

btgboys41

Reaction score
your partly right, but this is where a good HC could make these stars better leaders than they are now.
Daks new look is about his "image", he wont be wearing the bow ties any more lol.

MM probably says nothing to any of these players about culture or leadership.
Micah did say the dallas culture is bad and needs to be better.
You are so right to mention the coach as well. I did not but should have.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Once again you are basing everything off of stats. I watched the video, and all he said was that the circus atmosphere in Dallas (Frisco, actually) created distractions. He didn't get the feeling the focus had anything to do with football, and it isn't. He gets to Houston and noticed the focus was on football rather than the media circus Jerry thrives on.

So if he mentions how Jerry promotes this circus atmosphere, which we all know is true, how does that make him a lying, big mouth loser? So what if his stats weren't astronomically higher going to another team.
he's being mean to the Cowboys. Sheesh, I know you didn't play football and are not still in elementary school. shrugs

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
And yet, you keep giving Jerry money for a mediocre experience. That’s why things will never change.
You replying to this post is giving him money also!!! We'll all be watching the games regardless of how we feel right now, which gives him money

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ones who want to win, like D Ware, have to leave the team to get what they desire more than money. People like Dak, and maybe even Micah and CeeDee, will stick with Dallas for the pay checks.
Thank you for that clarification!