Dalton throws for 300+ yds: fans say keep him. Dak threw for 450+ yds 3 times, fans say cut him?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dalton = 7 million winning games. Fans say cut him

Dak = 40 million losing games. Fans say sign him

Crazy times were living in

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Dalton beating three 4-10 teams....ffans celebrate lose by over 20 to average team..people ignore...dalton needing 9 turnovers to get to the three wins....people brush under the carpet.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

crazy times we are living in

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is strictly a salary cap thing. I think he’s a solid QB.

If all we can do is beat bad teams with Dak why would we pay him that kind of money when Dalton can do it too?

The best option is to roll the dice in the draft and have money to build the entire TEAM and not become the fighting Dak’s.
in another post you said he is not solid and not a difference maker..

and all we did was be competitive against good teams, which we didn't come close, not by a mile against good teams with Dalton...

which one you prefer? be competitive against good teams? or get blown out?

and roll the dice in draft? what if it doesn't work out?

and what if it takes a few years to develop the QB? and then he wants a big contract?

you go drafting again?

visionary

Reaction score
Dalton beating three 4-10 teams....ffans celebrate lose by over 20 to average team..people ignore...dalton needing 9 turnovers to get to the three wins....people brush under the carpet.

crazy times we are living in

1-3 with your hero (Dak) as QB
A miracle onside kick away from 0-4

same coaching staff
Same defense

people forget that and want to give him 40 million/y to do something a 7 million/y QB is already doing

crazy times were living in

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dalton will command way more if you intend on making him the starter. But he’ll still only cost half of what Dak will.

It’s a question worth posing, especially if the team feels it needs to invest more on defense. Dalton has shown he can produce and win with this offense.

One thing is for certain...Dak doesn’t want to see Andy take this team to the playoffs. A playoff run would make Jerry’s decision for him.
and Dalton's best days (if he had any) are behind him...he is 31, got repalced by a younger version of a better QB on his previous team...nobody wanted him (there were plenty of QB opening in the NFL), and he took a $3M contract to be a back up...now we see first hand, he sucks...totally disappears against better teams, which has been his legacy all along and needs a LOT of HELP to beat bad teams.....

investing in Dalton is stupid.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1-3 with your hero (Dak) as QB
A miracle onside kick away from 0-4

same coaching staff
Same defense

people forget that and want to give him 40 million/y to do something a 7 million/y QB is already doing

crazy times were living in
not my hero, the QB of my team.

and your Hero just beat three 4-10 teams, with the help of 9 turnovers...count them NINE..and their back up QBs playing,and defense scoring, and special teams scoring

same coaching staff. not the same defense that was giving up 36 pts/game (historically bad)....

people forget a $40 M QB kept you competitive against playoff calibur teams....but hey 38-10, 25-3, 41-16, 34-17 against average teams...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

visionary

Reaction score
not my hero, the QB of my team.

and your Hero just beat three 4-10 teams, with the help of 9 turnovers...count them NINE..and their back up QBs playing,and defense scoring, and special teams scoring

same coaching staff. not the same defense that was giving up 36 pts/game (historically bad)....

people forget a $40 M QB kept you competitive against playoff calibur teams....but hey 38-10, 25-3, 41-16, 34-17 against average teams...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

that’s the difference between us

you want us to be competitive (even though we usually lose 1-3 ) with Dak making 40 million

I want us to get a QB that helps us win against the best teams

I’m not satisfied with average , you are

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
THIS.
Dak isn’t remotely close to the level of any actual franchise QB. Which is why he was franchised tagged and not given the money those 4 got.
now we are making stuff up as we go along? is that it now?

he had a contract offer, same ball park as those 4...except he didn't want a 5 year contract...but a 4 year contract so he would hit FA in 2024....

and 50 FO personnel ranked him top 10 in the league, I believe coming in at #6 best QB in the league......but hey what do those FO personnel know about football...they should come to you....you know more

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Imagine what Dak and the team would have done if Zeke hadn't been fumbling and the defense had been averaging 3 turnovers a game.
Ohhh, I know bro. Maybe 2 or 3 losses AT THE MOST so far.

But...but...but Andy Dalton is better to keep than Dak according to some. :muttley:

aikemirv

Reaction score
So we can beat good teams in the playoffs?

If you played good defense and got turnovers sure you could.

We were fortunate the Eagles went away from the run yesterday.

They could have lined up John Riggins style and run us out of the stadium. In the first quarter our line was getting blown 3-4 yards off the ball.

Petersen got aggressive and was not content just running the ball.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
that’s the difference between us

you want us to be competitive (even though we usually lose 1-3 ) with Dak making 40 million

I want us to get a QB that helps us win against the best teams

I’m not satisfied with average , you are
the difference between you and me, is I want a competitive team against better teams in the league.

you are happy thumping your chest and celebrating after beating 3 4-10 teams, with their back up QBs...

if you want a QB that helps us win against best teams, Dalton is the exact opposite. 38-10, 41-16, 34-17, 27-3.....that's his output against average teams.....with most of that coming in garbage time

you defintley are satisfied with below average.....that much is painfully obvious.

InTheZone

Reaction score
all those halves or 3 quarters of a game when Dak defenders go silent with a top o-line/offense, waiting for Dak to show up, just remember that hopeless feeling when talking about giving him another contract.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

They could have lined up John Riggins style and run us out of the stadium. In the first quarter our line was getting blown 3-4 yards off the ball.

also when Fletcher Cox went out their defense collapsed. lets not forget they started a rookie UDFA, who was on PS the week before... the poor kid got lit up!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Those Dak haters believe the next stud QB can easily be found in a cracker jack box.

:facepalm:
the funny thing is that they acted the same way when Romo was the starting QB...we did actually what they said they want...draft a QB, develop him, now they want to go draft another one....perhaps miss on a few, lose a few seasons and then find the one, develop him, only to walk away when it comes to giving a contract...their problem is not the QB, its they just want to play spreadsheet math and feel they won the contract negotiations...they dont' care about wins, losses, success. they care about feeling they got a good contract value, results be damned.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

I think it has a little to do with Dallas making adjustments. That's more realistic than being theoretical.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's irrelevant, he has done what Dak failed to do this season win 3 straight games. And one of those wins came with Zeke been inactive, when was the last time Dak won a game with so many starters out?
when was the last time Dalton played average against an average team?

foofighters

Reaction score
This is so true.......lots of fans either don't remember or are too young. But he was heavily involved in the Hollywood cutural his first few years as a starter. Remember Keyshawn Johnson and few other former players calling him the most over hype player in the league at the time.
You guys are funny. Please don't tell me you are using MeShawn Johnson as a credible source?? You and @America's Cowboy like to cherry pick then @America's Cowboy runs and doesn't stick to what he's saying. Dak has partied too. He partied with Snoop Dogg a few years ago and had people over during the pandemic for another party. Now, I am not saying this is bad. But everyone is doing it.