Dalton throws for 300+ yds: fans say keep him. Dak threw for 450+ yds 3 times, fans say cut him?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
in another post you said he is not solid and not a difference maker..

and all we did was be competitive against good teams, which we didn't come close, not by a mile against good teams with Dalton...

which one you prefer? be competitive against good teams? or get blown out?

and roll the dice in draft? what if it doesn't work out?

and what if it takes a few years to develop the QB? and then he wants a big contract?

you go drafting again?

I’ve always said Dak is solid..

He’s not a difference maker.

When we were at our best the OL and Zeke were difference makers. Dak was the guy we hoped would convert on 3rd and manageable and just not screw the game up.. A manager mostly.

The more volume we give him his numbers go up.. As they should.. The more average we get though and we almost never beat good teams.

If I ever said Dak sucked it was probably just to see you guys whine a little.

He’s obviously a solid player.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
the funny thing is that they acted the same way when Romo was the starting QB...we did actually what they said they want...draft a QB, develop him, now they want to go draft another one....perhaps miss on a few, lose a few seasons and then find the one, develop him, only to walk away when it comes to giving a contract...their problem is not the QB, its they just want to play spreadsheet math and feel they won the contract negotiations...they dont' care about wins, losses, success. they care about feeling they got a good contract value, results be damned.
Imagine how they are in real life? They want those who have earned a big paid contract to give half back. But if it were them being asked to work for half what they are worth and have earned in pay, ooooh noooo, HELL NOOOO. They will fight tooth and nail for every penny they deserve.
:facepalm::muttley:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Every game is different, we cannot know if Dak would have had a 3 game winning streak, or not. Looking at Dalton's career, he had stretches where he played very well, others where he didn't.

But after 9 years he had no playoff wins, and was well known for not handling pressure very well. You know what you have in Dalton, and Dak.

Factoring in their ages and history, I just am on the keep Dak side. I've consistently said I don't think he's the supposed "elite" quarterback, but he's very good, just don't see Dalton, based on 9 years in Cincy, that he's better than Dak....
the facts are in, Dalton sucks against average teams....38-10, 41-16, 27-3, 34-17....but he needs a lot of help to beat 4-10 teams, ala 9 turnovers, defensive scoring and special teams scoring....and going into 4th quarter, with the 4-10 team having a chance at winning the game

visionary

Reaction score
the difference between you and me, is I want a competitive team against better teams in the league.

you are happy thumping your chest and celebrating after beating 3 4-10 teams, with their back up QBs...

if you want a QB that helps us win against best teams, Dalton is the exact opposite. 38-10, 41-16, 34-17, 27-3.....that's his output against average teams.....with most of that coming in garbage time

you defintley are satisfied with below average.....that much is painfully obvious.

lol, I don’t want Dalton
I just don’t want to pay elite money to a QB who has clearly demonstrated over 5 years that he cannot get the team over the hump against the better teams
Dak is a master of stats but folds against the best and that is who we will need to beat to win a SB

I dint want an average QB to be paid like s as n elite QB

I’m a fan of the Cowboys and you’re a fan of Dak

that is the difference between us

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You guys are funny. Please don't tell me you are using MeShawn Johnson as a credible source?? You and @America's Cowboy like to cherry pick then @America's Cowboy runs and doesn't stick to what he's saying. Dak has partied too. He partied with Snoop Dogg a few years ago and had people over during the pandemic for another party. Now, I am not saying this is bad. But everyone is doing it.
LMAO!!!! What's the matter? Can't handle the truth about your man-crush gone Hollywood?
:laugh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’ve always said Dak is solid..

He’s not a difference maker.

When we were at our best the OL and Zeke were difference makers. Dak was the guy we hoped would convert on 3rd and manageable and just not screw the game up.. A manager mostly.

The more volume we give him his numbers go up.. As they should.. The more average we get though and we almost never beat good teams.

If I ever said Dak sucked it was probably just to see you guys whine a little.

He’s obviously a solid player.
on the contracry, all facts point to him being a difference maker, including how many come back wins he has had...the facts say it. I don't.

and what you described as how the team played, is 2016. when he was a rookie, but hey, you want to see Dan Marino type play from a rookie 4th round pick...that's your choice.

since 2018, when we got one good WR added to the team, he has produced the top offense and top passing offense in the league....and he led the team to playoffs and playoff win in 2018....lets not forget his starting WRs were Williams, Beasley and Witten....we had the same OL and Zeke and they couldn't produce.

show me a QB that would win with Williams, Witten......and Bills went out and got Diggs because Beasley is a bit player, not the offensive center point.

and Dak was producing at a very high level earlier in the year when the defense was HISTORICALLY bad...I mean 50 year NFL history bad....

you have said Dak sucks....or basically saying Dak is not good...do you want me to pull out your posts? internet message boards never forget...or have you already forgotten that lesson?

morasp

Reaction score
wentz has been average outside of that 11 game stretch prior to his knee injury.....he was trending downward and has continued trending that way for a while now.....that was their mistake.
They were saying during one game that he really missed Frank Reich.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dalton doesn’t throw INTs, once he settled in this offense and the make-shift line wasn’t letting free runners into the backfield, nor is he throwing garbage time yards. Dak has been bottom half of the league in the red zone, every year he’s been here. Further, look at the situational stats when this team is within 1 to 8 points, meaning when the games are actually relevant, Dak is completely mediocre. He’s not even league average.

And Dak has been in this offense five years, completely tailored to his game and had the privilege of Smith, Frederick, Martin, and Collins, while Dalton hasn’t played one full game with Martin yet. Plus our RG is essentially garbage now, while Dak with the RG was consistently getting man looks on play action, leading to all that yardage.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
lol, I don’t want Dalton
I just don’t want to pay elite money to a QB who has clearly demonstrated over 5 years that he cannot get the team over the hump against the better teams
Dak is a master of stats but folds against the best and that is who we will need to beat to win a SB

I dint want an average QB to be paid like s as n elite QB

I’m a fan of the Cowboys and you’re a fan of Dak

that is the difference between us
when you try to solve the wrong problem...you end up with the wrong answer and defeat your own goal.

why didn't we get over the hump? was it Dak and the offense? or what it coaching? or defense?

all QBs are masters of stats (perhaps Rodgers and Brady excluded).....they have outstanding stats against average to below average teams (that's why those teams are average to below average) and they are good and at time bad against better teams (I can pull out the stats for every top QB you name)..

I am a cowboys fan.....Dak is the QB of my team. he gives us the best chance to be competitive and win.

I don't celebrate and jump up and down and go woohoo because we beat 3 4-10 teams, yet get our arses handed to us against average teams....

Proof

Reaction score
while I agree with you 100 percent it’s more about the cost per yard not the total yards.

those that dislike dak and don’t want to sign him don’t feel the value is there at 35 mil....but for a dalton at 2 mil they are stoked

I imagine it’s specifically the stakes. Not that I think you can really make any meaningful conclusion, but hard not to compare the Philly games and the implications

foofighters

Reaction score
LMAO!!!! What's the matter? Can't handle the truth about your man-crush gone Hollywood?
:laugh:
I guess it's my bad for assuming that we could have a real conversation about football but you refuse to answer real statements or questions and just like to poke fun instead because you've got nothing else. I'll let you continue playing with the kids. Off you go...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dalton doesn’t throw INTs nor is he throwing garbage time yards. Look at the situational stats when this team is within 1 to 8 points, meaning when the games are actually relevant, Dak is completely mediocre. He’s not even league average.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
when you try to solve the wrong problem...you end up with the wrong answer and defeat your own goal.

why didn't we get over the hump? was it Dak and the offense? or what it coaching? or defense?

all QBs are masters of stats (perhaps Rodgers and Brady excluded).....they have outstanding stats against average to below average teams (that's why those teams are average to below average) and they are good and at time bad against better teams (I can pull out the stats for every top QB you name)..

I am a cowboys fan.....Dak is the QB of my team. he gives us the best chance to be competitive and win.

I don't celebrate and jump up and down and go woohoo because we beat 3 4-10 teams, yet get our arses handed to us against average teams....
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I guess it's my bad for assuming that we could have a real conversation about football but you refuse to answer real statements or questions and just like to poke fun instead because you've got nothing else. I'll let you continue playing with the kids. Off you go...
I play with you because you can't handle the truth. You weren't able to handle it on the old boards and you still can't here either. Two different boards, no change. You're still in denial, and I'm still laughing at you.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dalton doesn’t throw INTs nor is he throwing garbage time yards. Look at the situational stats when this team is within 1 to 8 points, meaning when the games are actually relevant, Dak is completely mediocre. He’s not even league average.
:facepalm::huh:

Dalton's out put against average teams....38-10, 41-16, 27-3, 34-17 with most of those points coming in garbage time....and he had 2 Ints against AZ, 2 against washington, 1 against Ravens.

but he is good at beating 4-10 teams, with the help of 9 turnovers. I give him that