Dalton throws for 300+ yds: fans say keep him. Dak threw for 450+ yds 3 times, fans say cut him?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
on the contracry, all facts point to him being a difference maker, including how many come back wins he has had...the facts say it. I don't.

and what you described as how the team played, is 2016. when he was a rookie, but hey, you want to see Dan Marino type play from a rookie 4th round pick...that's your choice.

since 2018, when we got one good WR added to the team, he has produced the top offense and top passing offense in the league....and he led the team to playoffs and playoff win in 2018....lets not forget his starting WRs were Williams, Beasley and Witten....we had the same OL and Zeke and they couldn't produce.

show me a QB that would win with Williams, Witten......and Bills went out and got Diggs because Beasley is a bit player, not the offensive center point.

and Dak was producing at a very high level earlier in the year when the defense was HISTORICALLY bad...I mean 50 year NFL history bad....

you have said Dak sucks....or basically saying Dak is not good...do you want me to pull out your posts? internet message boards never forget...or have you already forgotten that lesson?

Lol I’m glad the facts support you.

Maybe those facts will make a difference for you in fantasy football.

Unfortunately in real football he isn’t the difference between winning and losing a football game.

We got to watch Dak plenty in 2019 when the defense played their butt off and the offense was an absolute no show.

The great Dak Prescott couldn’t do squat against the Eagles in our biggest game of the year either to get into the post season.

His biggest achievement in 2019 was padding stats against 3 teams picking top 5 and this year his all time uh mazing numbers came when when we were already getting smoked against horrible pass defenses while getting a mountain of volume.

He had some very costly turnovers early on and lots not forget that he’s lumped into 18 games in a row without starting the game with a TD..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I believe in this argument it all has to do with how much you have to pay to keep them
Agreed.

If Dak is willing to work with Jerry in terms of $$$$ and a lengthier contract, Jerry should keep him (albeit with some clauses in there allowing the Cowboys to cut him if his leg injury suddenly starts giving Dak serious problems in the future).

If Dak refuses to work with Jerry, Jerry shouldn't outright cut him. Instead, Jerry should place a transition tag on Dak and get two 1st round picks in return because there definitely will be teams willing to gamble to get Dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak has 4 TDs and 3 INTs, when the game is between 1-8 points at 8.9 YPA. That is on 87 attempts and 770 yards.

Dalton throws at 74% and has 5 TDs and 1 INT. That is on 73 attempts at 7.5 YPA and 546 yards

Dalton doesn’t turn the ball over and he puts the ball in the end-zone. And Dalton has played with way more fluidity in the line-up.

Dak is simply a paper-Tiger who throws the ball when down like twenty points.

ICP

Reaction score
Agreed.

If Dak is willing to work with Jerry in terms of $$$$ and a lengthier contract, Jerry should keep him (albeit with some clauses in there allowing the Cowboys to cut him if his leg injury suddenly starts giving Dak serious problems in the future).

If Dak refuses to work with Jerry, Jerry shouldn't outright cut him. Instead, Jerry should place a transition tag on Dak and get two 1st round picks in return because there definitely will be teams willing to gamble to get Dak.
Unfortunately Jerry is a terrible GM and is gonna back up the Brinks truck for Dak like he did Romo back in the day and hamstring the team financially for years to come.

Jarry will pay Dak like he's a QB that has led Dallas to multiple Super Bowl wins when he hasn't even led them to multiple playoff victories.

ESisback

Reaction score
The difference: Romo was a CHOKER (as time proved to be true...I warned y'all). Dak is not.

Romo went Hollywood after his first year as a starter in 2006. Dak did not.

That's the difference you guys up till today refuse to understand.

One QB LIVES FOOTBALL 24/7. The other one didn't. Clear as day.

I agree with keeping Dak, although 40 million WILL prevent us from acquiring a support system that will result in a consistent contender.

Where we disagree is Romo. You still cling to that worn out misperception that Romo “went Hollywood”. Plus, he had a great work ethic and was driven to win—to the point where he tried to force the issue too many times, thus the “choking”.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Agreed.

No one is giving 2 1st round picks for Dak. LOL.

Proof

Reaction score
The difference: Romo was a CHOKER (as time proved to be true...I warned y'all). Dak is not.

Romo went Hollywood after his first year as a starter in 2006. Dak did not.

That's the difference you guys up till today refuse to understand.

One QB LIVES FOOTBALL 24/7. The other one didn't. Clear as day.

Ok buddy lol

khiladi

Reaction score
:facepalm::huh:

Dalton's out put against average teams....38-10, 41-16, 27-3, 34-17 with most of those points coming in garbage time....and he had 2 Ints against AZ, 2 against washington, 1 against Ravens.

but he is good at beating 4-10 teams, with the help of 9 turnovers. I give him that

Like half of Dak’s TDs came against the Commanders and Giants last year. He had zero wins when down at half last year. He never beat a play-off team and had the easiest schedule in the league at 13-3 and has been playing with a all-pro line and Zeke was rushing for over 5 YPC on first doen completely sucked when Zeke was suspended and Smith went out.

He couldn’t even break double digits against the three winning teams he played and completely sucked against the Giants, Commanders and Raiders who were the worst of the worst that year. He completely sucked against zone defenses even when Amari came, which is why Dallas was shut out against the Colts.

But OK.. Love how the argument is now Dalton is beating average teams, even though you guys were laughing a few weeks back about how the offense sucks without Dak even against bad teams, totally ignoring the third stringers at OL for Andy, while even Dak played all his games on turf and with Zach Martin and a bunch of OL he still practiced with in training camp. Dak got all the excuses for losses against bad teams, not Dalton wins, but they are bad teams.. forget all the turnover Dak was throwing and all his fumbles this year And last year. Forget his slow releases and inability to lead WRs.

Keep crying, because Dalton has simply proved that Dak is not needed here, especially after he wasted an OL at RG m for five years wallowing in mediocrity. Maybe we should have traded for Dalton is Romo was truly hurt and couldn’t go on, becayse on thing for sure is the Dak experiment failed and the team has to rebuild the front line.

Heck, Dakstans can’t even use the ‘leader’ excuse, because every WR is stepping up and look like they believe in Dalton.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lol I’m glad the facts support you.

Maybe those facts will make a difference for you in fantasy football.

Unfortunately in real football he isn’t the difference between winning and losing a football game.

We got to watch Dak plenty in 2019 when the defense played their butt off and the offense was an absolute no show.

The great Dak Prescott couldn’t do squat against the Eagles in our biggest game of the year either to get into the post season.

His biggest achievement in 2019 was padding stats against 3 teams picking top 5 and this year his all time uh mazing numbers came when when we were already getting smoked against horrible pass defenses while getting a mountain of volume.

He had some very costly turnovers early on and lots not forget that he’s lumped into 18 games in a row without starting the game with a TD..
ahh, you are spinning yet again, kind of giving up because you can't back up your assertions....good to see that.

the results aren't in fantasy football, they are on the field plain for you to see, but yet you refuse because you are focused on contract value and only contract value (which you haven't supported why it would stop us from being good).

real football...real results. look at the scores this year, in the first 5 games....playing against the likes of seattle, Rams, Browns, three playoff teams...with a defense that was HISTORICALLY bad...not fantasy football. real football. HISTORICALLY bad

then see the output of the team against average teams like Ravens, AZ, Washington......not fantasy football. real football, real results.

and Dak prescott lost a final game of the season in 2019, but how about his play in 2018, going 7-1 leading the team to playoffs from a 3-5 start and a playoff win against Seattle and the great russell wilson....you want to keep going back to the last game of the season the led to the firing of Garrett in 2019...then it fair for me to bring up other wins with Dak led teams. lets not forget he has a rookie, OC with all of 1 year of coaching experience.....

it was a miracle we got to 8-8, as I thought we might be a 6-10 team....

sorry, I have to go for a few hours skeet shootings and won't be able to beat you up until I am back, so go lick your wounds

khiladi

Reaction score
And Zeke was fumbling when Dalton was QB the first full start, so cut the excuses. He fumbled twice in one half, while Dalton was moving the ball. Dak has been throwing INTs in his own territory.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We’re leaving out one critical fact. A difference of about 35 million.

Even you have said don’t overpay Dak.
I'm not leaving that out at all. I've always said Dak needs to settle for somewhere in the low 30s with around 6 years a contract in order to give the Cowboys the chance to create cap space for other key players. If Dak refuses to work with Jerry, especially now with Dak's injury, I would place a transition tag on him and be happy to get two 1st round picks for him (which NFL Network said there are several teams who are interested in Dak if the Cowboys aren't for financial reasons).

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I'm not leaving that out at all. I've always said Dak needs to settle for somewhere in the low 30s with around 6 years a contract in order to give the Cowboys the chance to create cap space for other key players. If Dak refuses to work with Jerry, especially now with Dak's injury, I would place a transition tag on him and be happy to get two 1st round picks for him (which NFL Network said there are several teams who are interested in Dak if the Cowboys aren't for financial reasons).

LOL