News: Damar Hamlin Injury thread (Breathing Tube Removed!)

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I thought his marketing rep tweeted that he was stabilized.

I’m no doctor, but I believe that vitals can stabilize after cardiac events. The problem is the downtime of how long the brain is starved of oxygen during the event.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
praying-hands-pray.gif

RS12

Reaction score
Sports illustrated reporting Bills flying back to Buffalo. Even if he stabilizes that would rule out playing tomorrow.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Sports illustrated reporting Bills flying back to Buffalo. Even if he stabilizes that would rule out playing tomorrow.
I think they're just going to play next weekend's games as scheduled, and from there decide if the Bills and Bengals replaying the game is necessary for playoff positioning. And if it is they would play it the following week and move playoffs back a week, and shorten the two week bye before the Super Bowl to one week. JMO

Chappy

Reaction score
If anything comes to light of this and to anyone that can afford to do so go and get first aid and CPR training.

Please do it and an event like this shows how important quick CPR can be, meaning literally the difference between life and death. Hamlin would be dead in 5 mins if this happened to him at home alone and you will be astounded if you Google world wide the amount of people that die from heart failure each year and it is not just the elderly and smokers etc and Hamlin was a 24yo fit performance athlete.

Just do the course and prey for Hamlin.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Only an hour flight but doesn’t bode well for a game tomorrow. I was expecting a Wednesday game

EST_1986

Reaction score
Nobody is wishing for a better outcome for this young man than me. With that said, how could the NFL not have a a plan for this? It was an event that was inevitable and is almost certain to happen again, perhaps with worse results.

These are the biggest, strongest men in the world playing a game whose violence can’t be fully comprehended unless one has suited up. How more people aren’t paralyzed or killed every year is astonishing.

Had I been a Bill, I’d have not played anymore tonight. Probably the same if I was a Bengals player. Now the decision:

- Reschedule for Tuesday or Wednesday
- Call it a tie
- Call it a no contest and use percentages for playoff purposes, with each team playing a 16 game season.
- Have the Bills forfeit

No other options, really.

seems like something they should be prepared for but the absolute rarity of this situation happening I get why they wouldn’t. Play the game Wednesday barring the man not surviving this.

droopdog7

Reaction score
I fear the opposite. They would update quickly with good news. Vitals normal but still not breathing on his own doesn’t sound good to me.
I think if he was going to pass, it would have happened relatively quickly. And obviously that would be announced.

I’m taking now news as good news.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Nobody is wishing for a better outcome for this young man than me. With that said, how could the NFL not have a a plan for this? It was an event that was inevitable and is almost certain to happen again, perhaps with worse results.

These are the biggest, strongest men in the world playing a game whose violence can’t be fully comprehended unless one has suited up. How more people aren’t paralyzed or killed every year is astonishing.

Had I been a Bill, I’d have not played anymore tonight. Probably the same if I was a Bengals player. Now the decision:

- Reschedule for Tuesday or Wednesday
- Call it a tie
- Call it a no contest and use percentages for playoff purposes, with each team playing a 16 game season.
- Have the Bills forfeit

No other options, really.

That’s not how risk management works. In an event such as this where a game is delayed not due to weather or another external factor but one where players can’t emotionally play, you don’t have a Plan B. You accept the risk and if the risk transpires, you mitigate it through an agile environment.