News: Damar Hamlin Injury thread (Breathing Tube Removed!)

Cmac

Reaction score
Bills, Bengals and eventually the NFL, did the right thing......no one with compassion wanted to see football played. Damar Hamlin's life and well-being is more important. Prayers up for him and his family. These guys are playing a game at the pinnacle.......they are getting paid.......they get criticized and villified........we witnessed the perspective of what is precious to all of us......life.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
These are the moments which should remind us all that the insults hurled, accusations made, and general indignity needs to stop for at any moment any of us could be taken away from our family and friends.

May God watch over Damar Hamlin, his family, and friends just as I hope he watches over all of us in our time of need.

Flamma

Reaction score
It is amazing that this has never happened before. A normal tackle causing cardiac arrest? It is like he got hit by the heart punch from Kill Bill. I thought that was karate fantasy. My prayers are with this kid. Football will never be the same.

Because it's a really rare thing to have happen. It happened to a few little league kids when a ground ball bounced off the kids chest at exactly the right spot, and exactly the right time.

Flamma

Reaction score
What happened last night made my entire night at work miserable thinking about it. Hoping there would be good news at some time. The only other time I remember feeling like that was when Princess Diana died. That was right before going to work as well.

terra

Reaction score
when you think of the violence of the game, if it was a hit to the chest that did it, how in the world did this not happen before?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is amazing that this has never happened before. A normal tackle causing cardiac arrest? It is like he got hit by the heart punch from Kill Bill. I thought that was karate fantasy. My prayers are with this kid. Football will never be the same.

Clean play on both side too. Higgins is a hoss, and it was a pretty big hit on both sides.

glimmerman

Reaction score
when you think of the violence of the game, if it was a hit to the chest that did it, how in the world did this not happen before?
And rewatching the play I have seen this type of tackle before. Now I don’t know how how hard he exactly got hit but seemed to let him come to him and wrap him up and wrestle him down. Even appeared to jump up and clap his hands before he fell. I pray for him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

To add to my last post : I wonder if he had an undiscovered condition

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prayers to him & his family. This happens more than people realize in many other sports. Maybe just not on such a big stage.
Very sad.

John813

Reaction score
To add to my last post : I wonder if he had an undiscovered condition

That's my thought as well. I know the NFL does some medical testing but I'm not sure how in depth it goes. Not like they make prospects go through full body MRIs/CTs and ultrasounds.
IIRC the combine does some medical testing but it's not like every NFL draft prospect attends.

Or, it could very well be just a **** luck hit to his heart at the worst millisecond.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Does it really matter? We should focus on sending him and his family thoughts and prayers and not playing keyboard doctors.
I agree but see what the other poster was saying. He let the guy come to him and wrestled him down and jumped up and appeared to clap his hands. At first I thought maybe he knocked the breath out of himself. Once I saw them giving him that much attention I began praying for him. Glad the medical team reacted as fast as they did. Let’s all keep the prayers going for him and his family.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
First and foremost prayers to Hamlin. Praying he is able to make a full recovery.

Thankfully I wasn't watching the game. But watching some of the coverage and hearing that his mom was there and rushed down to the field, I mean that is just heartbreaking.

shabazz

Reaction score
First and foremost prayers to Hamlin. Praying he is able to make a full recovery.

Thankfully I wasn't watching the game. But watching some of the coverage and hearing that his mom was there and rushed down to the field, I mean that is just heartbreaking.

It’s fortunate that his mom was there instead of being states away and having to make the trip to her son and not being there for him. It would have been a long worry filled time until she got to him……kind of a double edge sword that she had to witness it live but at least was able to be by his side as fast as possible

Sully

Reaction score
God bless this young man, his teammates, everybody in the stadium. Anybody else that feels affected. Good night God bless.

Prayers for Mr. Hamlin and everyone else that suffered a cardiac arrest on Monday ( and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, etc....)