News: Damar Hamlin Injury thread (Breathing Tube Removed!)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wow. And then turn around and play again Sunday. It was still in 1st qtr.

I thought they might try and finish it tonight while everyone was in town.
I have no idea. This is new, so who knows? The NFL can do whatever they want really, it just needs to be fair.

shabazz

Reaction score
Wow. And then turn around and play again Sunday. It was still in 1st qtr.

I thought they might try and finish it tonight while everyone was in town.

I was under the impression that the Bills players already flew home

Diehardblues

Reaction score
God, I hope that’s wrong. With todays medical technology I’d be shocked if they couldn’t save him but I’m saying this without knowing the full medical details of the situation
I was expecting that announcement last night. He’s on a ventilator. If he’s unable to breath on his own there could have been brain damage if his heart stopped very long.

The longer he goes without his heart returning to a normal rhythm the less likely of recovery.

They’ll try and wane him off of it . Then they’ll know if he has permanent damage if his heart and brain don’t respond .

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
What else can they do - there isn't really time. It's an unprecedented situation.
It may actually be best just to push back the playoffs a week. Do week 18 as scheduled, have the Bengals/Bills makeup game the following week and start the playoffs the week after that. It may actually be best for the rest of the league anyways. Gives guys extra time to recover after a grueling 18 week season, gives some guys on the injured list time to recoup before the the biggest games of the year. Honestly I really like that idea. Feels fitting given the situation as it has a major benefit to player safety too.