News: Damar Hamlin Injury thread (Breathing Tube Removed!)

plymkr

Reaction score
No one knows WHY this occurred. It is too soon for even the doctors to know. The immediate concern is stabilizing Hamlin and saving his life, at least in the short term, meaning the next couple of hours. After that, the doctors need to figure it out. Is it a freak football injury? Is it something in Hamlin’s body that was unknown that was exacerbated by the hit? Or was it related to over exertion? Is there some substance involved?

It isn’t about assigning blame, or pushing an agenda. It is about the doctors quickly making a correct diagnosis, so they can quickly establish a more long term (tomorrow and afterwards) treatment to bring this young man back to health.

Hopefully, his family and the team doctors can help provide the information the hospital needs to help correctly diagnose the problem, and successfully treat him.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Let’s hope and pray the worst is behind him and that he’s going to be okay….

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Storms knocked my power out around 7 pm. Friends were texting me about it. Even sent me a video of the play.

Power returned a few minutes ago. I am watching them discuss the matter. I am just dumbstruck. Not sure how any viewers are dealing with this who watched this happen live. It is just surreal to me.

erod

Reaction score
Storms knocked my power out around 7 pm. Friends were texting me about it. Even sent me a video of the play.

Power returned a few minutes ago. I am watching them discuss the matter. I am just dumbstruck. Not sure how any viewers are dealing with this who watched this happen live. It is just surreal to me.
There was nothing about the play that looked unusual. Typical play. He just got hit a specific way that caused his heart to stop apparently.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score

Surreal is the best word to describe it.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Watching it live, full speed, nothing unusual about the play, wasn't a big hit, didn't really see what happened. They went to commercial, thinking he got the wind knocked out of him, didn't look serious at the time, it was when they came back and showed the replay........