News: Damar Hamlin Injury thread (Breathing Tube Removed!)

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah....I literally saw a medical discussion about this elsewhere, and everything about it checked all the boxes for that type of injury.

The survival rate for this injury.......is very bad.

I pray it's not this.
58 percent survival rate
But the fact he had such great attention fast gives him a chance. Most of the time this happens at a youth baseball game without expert attention

plymkr

Reaction score
We don't know, so let's resist speculation until we know something.

If you're religious, pray for him. If you're not, hope for the best possible outcome.
Prayers have gone up for him. I don't want to speculate either. The one thing I know for sure is the season, playoffs, super bowl doesn't mean squat right now. I just hope he pulls through.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
IN my life, I distinctly remember 3 players that could have died, MIke Utley, Darryl Stingley, and Ryan Shazier.

droopdog7

Reaction score
58 percent survival rate
But the fact he had such great attention fast gives him a chance. Most of the time this happens at a youth baseball game without expert attention
Yeah, survival rate high if they get difribulator quickly. That obviously doesn’t happen in most normal cases.

Reallu praying for this young man right now.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
IN my life, I distinctly remember 3 players that could have died, MIke Utley, Darryl Stingley, and Ryan Shazier.

I remember two I saw die, Hank Gathers and Reggie Lewis, both basketball players.

But as far as we know now, Damar Hamlin is still very much alive. Pray, hope, or whatever works for you, for him to survive tonight and live his life. Doesn't matter if he plays again.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
No one knows WHY this occurred. It is too soon for even the doctors to know. The immediate concern is stabilizing Hamlin and saving his life, at least in the short term, meaning the next couple of hours. After that, the doctors need to figure it out. Is it a freak football injury? Is it something in Hamlin’s body that was unknown that was exacerbated by the hit? Or was it related to over exertion? Is there some substance involved?

It isn’t about assigning blame, or pushing an agenda. It is about the doctors quickly making a correct diagnosis, so they can quickly establish a more long term (tomorrow and afterwards) treatment to bring this young man back to health.

Hopefully, his family and the team doctors can help provide the information the hospital needs to help correctly diagnose the problem, and successfully treat him.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I remember two I saw die, Hank Gathers and Reggie Lewis, both basketball players.

But as far as we know now, Damar Hamlin is still very much alive. Pray, hope, or whatever works for you, for him to survive tonight and live his life. Doesn't matter if he plays again.

Thank you for being well spoken tonight, Jake.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I don’t want to speculate. We will find out a lot more as time goes on about the root cause.

I will share that my neighbor who was 16 at the time was playing high school football. However, his doctors found a heart condition (I don’t know it’s name) and he eventually was told by a cardiologist that he shouldn’t play football anymore because a wrong hit could cause cardiac arrest.

so he had to stop playing football. He was however still able to run track.

So we just don’t know. Unfortunately sometimes people have underlying conditions that aren’t diagnosed because they’re not symptomatic.
My Dad had a heart attack when he was 38 never showed symptoms and he was very athletic

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
58 percent survival rate

Ok. 58% better than I heard.

That said....58% sounds like a good odds if ur talking about making the playoffs. But 58% to survive.. .. (42% to not survive)? 24 is too young to flip a coin for ur life.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Shazier hit was life threatening? I remember the awful scene in my head just not all the details.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Who all remembers Darryl Stingley? That might have been the last life threatening event that happened during a game.
pre season game..... mike utley and Ryan Shazier.

Napolean McCalum almost died from his leg injury.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I was watching the game when Mike Utley was injured. Many people were it happened during a Thanksgiving game.