Twitter: Dan Orlovsky's Lists Of QBs You Win Games With And QBs You Win Games Because Of In The NFL

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Stafford was the missing piece. They got him and instantly won the Super Bowl. There was no feeling out year, getting used to things, or that such. It was instant. He was the thing that put them of the top. He was the biggest change from the 2020 Rams. They gave up a lot to get him because they believed he had the skills to get it done. They won BECAUSE they acquired someone of his skill level. That was not going to happen WITH Goff.

You know what else was instant? His luck.. He hit Tart between the numbers in the NFC Championship game and if Tart had caught that ball the 49ers would have gone to the Super Bowl. Stafford was magnificent for most of the playoffs.. But Detroit Stafford showed up a few times too. He just got lucky that the SF DBs can't catch. But it's not inaccurate to say he was better than Goff ... What IS inaccurate is that people keep acting as him he carried that team. He didn't carry them any more than Brady carried the Bucs the year before. They elevated already good teams.. Nothing more, nothing less. Even Orlovsky's list will tell you that there are 25 guys who would have been better for the Rams than Goff.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Of course I saw a difference. I saw a QB who no longer trusted his body which in turn led to his not trusting his eyes because even when his eyes saw an opportunity to make a play he didn't trust his body to make it. He lost confidence in himself.. At the same time his line was in a shambles and he was having to play with a shortened clock in his head.. That messed with him as well. It all goes into the hopper and what came out was diminished play. You want to dismiss the part the injury played in his falloff then go ahead. That just makes you look biased and dumb. "Dude couldn't plant his back foot with any confidence to make throws but that has no effect on how a QB plays." Sure.. if you say so.. One of the biggest things we know about Dak is that his background at the position did not establish him a great baseline in terms of mechanics. So in order to be on point he needs to work at it.. EVERY DAMN DAY.. After the injury they would not let him do that. McCarthy stated many times that they limited his participation in what he calls the "QB school" portion of practices in deference to the injury. Dak needs that work. Maybe other guys who played in passing offenses in college don't... But he does.. When he doesn't get it his mechanics get out of whack and everything looks labored and inconsistent. That's the simple truth of the matter. And it's the main reason I say that barring another injury we will get the pre-injury version of Dak all season.

You are fond of stating that those first six games of last season was the only time Dak has ever played at that level.. I disagree.. He was on a record setting pace before he was injured in 2020. Had he not gone down he was going to threaten 6000 yards that year. He had an 11 game winning streak as a rookie. He's had multiple 4 and 5 game stretches of well above 100 passer rating games. Whether you accept it or not, Dak is getting better at playing the position. I fully expect him to be better this year than he was last year and I expect him to be better in 2025 than this year. That's just how it goes with QBs. At least the ones who put in the kind of work he does.
We'll see next year.

I'm sure they'll be excuses galore like they are now if the team isn't good, but that's par for the course with some fans.

Some fans expect better while others take comfort in excuse making.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You know what else was instant? His luck.. He hit Tart between the numbers in the NFC Championship game and if Tart had caught that ball the 49ers would have gone to the Super Bowl. Stafford was magnificent for most of the playoffs.. But Detroit Stafford showed up a few times too. He just got lucky that the SF DBs can't catch. But it's not inaccurate to say he was better than Goff ... What IS inaccurate is that people keep acting as him he carried that team. He didn't carry them any more than Brady carried the Bucs the year before. They elevated already good teams.. Nothing more, nothing less. Even Orlovsky's list will tell you that there are 25 guys who would have been better for the Rams than Goff.
If the Cowboys won the Super Bowl I guarantee you and some of your pals here wouldn't be on here trying to discredit Dak contributions to it calling it "luck". There are levels to this. Dak and Goff are on one level, your Stafford, Burrow, Allen and Herbert types are couple levels above them, and your Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes types are a couple levels above that level.

Make sure to keep this same energy regarding Dak if the Cowboys win one, okay? (I almost said that without laughing, btw)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We'll see next year.

I'm sure they'll be excuses galore like they are now if the team isn't good, but that's par for the course with some fans.

Some fans expect better while others take comfort in excuse making.

I think this team will be fine. I don't think it can win a championship unless it fixes the running game on both sides of the ball.. As in run it better and stop it better.. If we do both consistently this is a 12 win team easy. If we don't they're still going to win 8 or 9 but things won't go well if we go into every game needing 30 points for any chance to win. I don't make predictions at this stage of the season because we LITERALLY don't know who is going to be on the team in 4 months. We don't know who is going to get hurt in training camp. We don't know who is going to get arrested, suspended or Covid. What I do know is that if he stays healthy Dak will again be in the MVP conversation and sit in that top 5-8 range of QBs. Maybe higher.. That's just the kind of player he's shown himself to be.. again.. when healthy.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
BAM!!! Nailed it, Sis!
:hammer::hammer:

Notice how some frequently state the same things about other players being better than ours, yet Dak sucks (while being surrounded by supposed lesser players) while other QBs are better (even though they are surrounded by supposedly better players)???

Bunch of exposed trolls!!!
The Cowboys have talent but when the media is arguing against Dak the Cowboys have top 5 talent. I don’t think Brady or Rodgers beats the 49ers in the playoffs with the Cowboys team. The only quarterback that I think would have beaten 49ers with the Cowboys team is Josh Allen because he was a true duel threat.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think this team will be fine. I don't think it can win a championship unless it fixes the running game on both sides of the ball.. As in run it better and stop it better.. If we do both consistently this is a 12 win team easy. If we don't they're still going to win 8 or 9 but things won't go well if we go into every game needing 30 points for any chance to win. I don't make predictions at this stage of the season because we LITERALLY don't know who is going to be on the team in 4 months. We don't know who is going to get hurt in training camp. We don't know who is going to get arrested, suspended or Covid. What I do know is that if he stays healthy Dak will again be in the MVP conversation and sit in that top 5-8 range of QBs. Maybe higher.. That's just the kind of player he's shown himself to be.. again.. when healthy.
At what point will you personally consider him "healthy" enough that an injury excuse is no longer vaild?

I mean, he said himself after the calf injury “I was able to rest it then, missed the next week out in Minnesota. But I wouldn’t say it lingered as long as people gave me the excuse of it."

So, clearly Dak himself cannot say he was fine and you guys take him at his word.

If he plays bad next year will it be because of an undisclosed injury or something? He is only healthy if he plays well? How long are you guys able to shield him with these excuses before even you start to think it's getting a little ridiculous?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I believe we have had a few Super Bowl caliber rosters since 1996.

2007, 2014, 2016, AND 2021 specifically.

We've just hitched our wagons to undrafted/4th round talent at the most important position on the team.
2010 the year we got rid of TO and 2018 we had Super Bowl talent as well. Loved that 2010 team. I hate Farve.:facepalm::angry:

Qcard

Reaction score
No deal?

Okay then. The offer is now off the table then I suppose.

Be honest, you don't see em winning 12 games do ya? lol
Honestly, I do......I also remember last years season prediction thread. Dak Haters were all wrong....remember Ryan Fitzpatrick was the best QB in the Division...:lmao2:

I'd rather rub a winning Season in your face, than miss you Dak Hate

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If the Cowboys won the Super Bowl I guarantee you and some of your pals here wouldn't be on here trying to discredit Dak contributions to it calling it "luck". There are levels to this. Dak and Goff are on one level, your Stafford, Burrow, Allen and Herbert types are couple levels above them, and your Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes types are a couple levels above that level.

Make sure to keep this same energy regarding Dak if the Cowboys win one, okay? (I almost said that without laughing, btw)

Dude if Dak hits a DB in the chest with the game on the line and the DB drops it and we end up winning the game and going to the Super Bowl there is no way in hell I will sit here and act as if it didn't happen. That's not how I roll. I acknowledge great play as well as bad play. And if a bad play doesn't bite you in the arse because the other team fails to capitalize.. That's called luck.. No matter who the team is or who the player is.. Remember when Jimmy Garapolo missed a wide open Emmanuel Sanders in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl against the Chiefs? The Chiefs and Mahomes got lucky on that play. They didn't do anything great to stop it. They got lucky. If the 49ers hit that play it's game over and the legend of Patrick Mahomes is never born. Or if Kyle Shanahan is just smart enough to keep running the ball when they were averaging 8 ypc instead of throwing it when they were up 10 in the middle of the 4th. I guess all of this is a long winded way of saying ALL teams that win it all need some luck along the way. If it happens for Dak and the result is we win the Super Bowl will it change how I see Dak as a player? Nope.. not one bit.. Troy "won" three Super Bowls but it never made me think he was better than Roger Staubach. Eli won two.. anybody here think he was better than Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes who have only won one?

Dak won't get any better or any worse because of one play, one game or even one playoff run. A player's career is more than that. At least it is to me.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly, I do......I also remember last years season prediction thread. Dak Haters were all wrong....remember Ryan Fitzpatrick was the best QB in the Division...:lmao2:

I'd rather rub a winning Season in your face, than miss you Dak Hate
Yeah, well, talk is cheap.

If you really believed you wouldn't have reneged on the deal that YOU made up and I agreed to.

You proved my point for me. It's easy to say things when you when you don't stand to lose anything. So, you just fake it instead.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You just don't get it.

Do you think "Win because of" has to mean winning a championship? Do you not think "win because of" could also mean winning more with you than without you?

Detroit would have been a worse team without Stafford at QB. Everyone knows that.

I mean, that was proven last year.

The Rams and Lions literally switched QBs. The Lions won two less games with Goff while the Rams won 2 more (plus a Super Bowl) with Stafford.

I know you won't accept it gracefully, but you're clearly wrong here.
Lol, right. The point is Stafford isn't a player you win because of, because there's TONS of evidence in Detroit. And when he went to a complete team - Boom!
Simple stuff, you just hate everything that isn't in your little bubble.
Have a good one!

Qcard

Reaction score
Yeah, well, talk is cheap.

If you really believed you wouldn't have reneged on the deal that YOU made up and I agreed to.

You proved my point for me. It's easy to say things when you when you don't stand to lose anything. So, you just fake it instead.
Nice....I tried to give you a way out but since your Hate has blinded your sense of grace

BET IS ON...

KEEP IT CLEAN...

1. After 12th WIN @MountaineerCowboy benched till OTA May 2023

And/ or

2. After 10th LOSS @Qcard benched till OTA May 2023

Keep record based ok?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lol, right. The point is Stafford isn't a player you win because of, because there's TONS of evidence in Detroit. And when he went to a complete team - Boom!
Simple stuff, you just hate everything that isn't in your little bubble.
Have a good one!
You got school, but you just won't accept it.

You and your one track mind.
Nice....I tried to give you a way out but since your Hate has blinded your sense of grace

BET IS ON...

KEEP IT CLEAN...

1. After 12th WIN @MountaineerCowboy benched till OTA May 2023

And/ or

2. After 10th LOSS @Qcard benched till OTA May 2023

Keep record based ok?
What?!?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

10th LOSS?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@Vtwin you seeing this?!?!? Look at him trying to change things around so much.