Twitter: Danny White is a Dak fan

LocoBates

Reaction score
I understand when he says this is a Team sport, I am not sure about the baseball analogy though, we saw what happens when the "Pitcher" (QB) screws up throwing 2 bad balls that turn into HRs (TDs) for the opposite Team. So, to say he is doing everything right while throwing the team under the bus ...SMH I don't know men.
Danny was quick in assuring us how critical QB position is in this game, but I was disappointed he didn't say Prescott himself needs to step up his game on playoffs, that would be a respectful professional advise from someone who has been there. (if Danny is too afraid of saying it like it is)

I do believe if Danny took the Cowboys to NFC Title games, he had a lot to do with it, 'cause when he took the Team some of the key players were declining rapidly, unlike this Team with Prescott where every decision, every acquisition made is to help Prescott.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't rank QB's by SB rings. SB rings are
an ultimate team award. Although people for some reason think it is QB award.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The fact Danny White is supportive of Prescott doesn’t faze me one way or the other.

But anyone including ex players, etc who throw their hat in the ring for support are automatically discounted as sucking or a loser as well .

All typical Red Flags coming from our Trolls. And they will be the ones responding to this call out as they did above.
Danny White’s forgotten more about NFL QB’s than you’ll ever know so quiet down champ.

Swagger

Reaction score
It is a team sport but not to the level of a QB being paid elite money yet still requiring an elite defense, elite receivers, elite offensive line, elite kicker, elite coaching...a QB being paid the big bucks needs to actually earn it and at least occasionally be the main reason his team beats strong opposition otherwise any reasonably competent QB or even a gash practice squad QB like Cooper Rush could produce similar results (5-1 as starter) at a fraction of the price.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roger Staubach had a passer rating of 76.0 with 2,791 yards, 24 touchdowns and 19 interceptions in 20 games in the playoffs in his career.

Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 88.3 with 3,849 yards, 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 16 games in the playoffs in his career.

Danny White had a passer rating of 71.6 with 2,284 yards, 15 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in 18 games in the playoffs in his career.

Tony Romo had a passer rating of 93.0 with 1,316 yards, 8 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in 6 games in the playoffs in his career.

Dak Prescott has a passer rating of 91.8 with 1,962 yards, 14 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in 7 games in the playoffs in his career.

Tony and Dak's playoff starts are comparable if not better than Roger and Troy's and they both had better teams.
Ok ......... I was just complementing Danny ....... sorry?
No. I agree with you. Danny was a very solid QB.

But most Cowboy fans can only see SB rings.
To be fair, those higher passer ratings for Tony and Dak are under far different rules.
When Roger and Danny were playing, a DB could mug a WR and get away with it. Unless you are playing the Steelers in a SB, then it gets called.

Anyway, even Troy they were cracking down on contact with a WR allowing better passer ratings, but Troy was very accurate, so those rules really did not help him as much.

I posted, and stick by it. I would take Danny over any QB we had since Troy. Even though Tony and Dak are or could be close.
Danny was having a fantastic year in 1986 before LT broke his wrist, then he was never the same.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, those higher passer ratings for Tony and Dak are under far different rules.
When Roger and Danny were playing, a DB could mug a WR and get away with it. Unless you are playing the Steelers in a SB, then it gets called.

Anyway, even Troy they were cracking down on contact with a WR allowing better passer ratings, but Troy was very accurate, so those rules really did not help him as much.

I posted, and stick by it. I would take Danny over any QB we had since Troy. Even though Tony and Dak are or could be close.
Danny was having a fantastic year in 1986 before LT broke his wrist, then he was never the same.
Not just WR. But QB too. Troy took some nasty hard hits and the refs seemed to just laugh. Tony did too...even as the rules were starting to favor QBs. Now? Some QBs can just look at the ref and a flag flies.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Far different rules. Those passing ratings are still high amongst the other QB's in the league playing with the far different rules.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So fans have to "qualify"? Take some tests or something. Not allowed to have an opinion you disagree.

Show us your Lombardis then.
Anyone can have an opinion. I can have an opinion about open heart surgery, but no one should take me seriously.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone can have an opinion. I can have an opinion about open heart surgery, but no one should take me seriously.
Okay. Great. So we should take you seriously HERE? What are your credentials? You berate others for their lack...show us yours.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He’s the one eating a huge chunk of the cap. Nothing lazy about the team being better served if they were able to actually fill holes and not nickel and dime everyone but a handful of players. He is the problem because he’s simply not good enough to overcome that glaring issue.

So this year again when Stephen is doing his due diligence through free agency we’ll all pretend we can’t figure out what the problem is. And the same thing when they fall short or a team like SF embarrasses them for the 4th time in 4 years. Hopefully the Giants and Commanders don’t improve or this team is really in trouble!
The Cowboys had over $25 million of cap space last offseason.

The free agents they signed were Chuma Edoga, Ronald Jones, and Trent Sieg.

So even if Dak wasn't taking up space; we're still looking at over a decade since the Cowboys last gave out a huge deal to a free agent from another team. That was Brandon Carr in 2012. Dak or no Dak, this team isn't going anywhere until they make serious attempts to upgrade the roster.

Big_D

Reaction score
The Cowboys had over $25 million of cap space last offseason.

The free agents they signed were Chuma Edoga, Ronald Jones, and Trent Sieg.

So even if Dak wasn't taking up space; we're still looking at over a decade since the Cowboys last gave out a huge deal to a free agent from another team. That was Brandon Carr in 2012. Dak or no Dak, this team isn't going anywhere until they make serious attempts to upgrade the roster.
They're currently 9 million over the cap and the 62.4 mil number being thrown around is frightening cause it only gets worse from there. This is not a good situation. They can't fill holes and are dumpster diving because of it.

MikeT22

Reaction score
The bottom line is this entire team has failed to come up big when the Cowboys play "good" teams.

Dak is part of that. But to blame him only and to think changing quarterbacks is going to change everything is the easy, lazy, and myopic solution.

Dallas has gone through a whole bunch of quarterbacks since their last Super Bowl. Too many fans think getting rid of Dak is like waving a magic wand and suddenly the trophy case will start to fill again. Guess they weren't paying attention from 1996 through 2015.
I’ve paid close attention. Jerry and the Cowboys haven’t even tried drafting a high end QB in the 1st round in 35 years.