Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I just have one simple observation/request....

If this video means so much, please explain to me where Carr is now and also add the numbers of playoff wins and Super Bowl trophies he has accumulated.

Thanks,

Your boy Bleu

If I remember correctly, David Carr was a backup QB with the NY Giants in 2011...........the year the Giants won the SB

So yea, he kinda does have a ring.

Don't know what this has to do with hitting targets at Dave and Busters, but you asked.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't put all the dislike for Dak on comparing him to Romo. I think there are a lot of fans who are genuinely concerned that his accuracy wasn't as good as the year before, that he had more turnovers and fewer TDs, that his yards per pass was 6.8 and he couldn't connect with Dez downfield and that he didn't lead us back to the playoffs.

I think there is some legitimacy to those complaints, but this is the same QB a season earlier who completed almost 68 percent of his passes at 8.0 yards per pass and put the ball in jeopardy very seldom. So I think just putting Dak down as a bad player discounts what he did in 2016. We need more evidence to see who he is as a QB, especially when so many other factors come into play that can have an effect.

I'm concerned as well...but these posts aren't concerns. These posts are "I Told You so..." type posts and it's too early for that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I compare Dak and Romo, as they both have their own flaws. But, both receive too much criticism for the franchises failure to get deep into the playoffs or get to the Superbowl in the last 20 years. I feel like Romo got too much blame at times, but so does Dak. And benching Dak while keeping Garrett as head coach would just leave the next Cowboys QB in the same situation that Romo and Dak has been in as far as them receiving so much blame for the team's failures.

Some accuse others of being Dak "homers". When they are just as bias for wanting Romo to come back.

I agree with you. Everyone is hyperbolic when it comes to the qb position on this site.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo had Garrett calling plays and no running game.

It was Linehan calling plays for Dak with an all-pro line.

The imaginary excuses you give for Dak were actually real with Romo.
Ohh funny..Romo has excuse but Dak doesn't lol. Agenda much? Even though Romo had a better line and Demarco was the best back in the league in 2014 and Dez was one of the best receivers.....

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
How's this stat?
Dak - 57 career sacks. 32 this year and he completely fell apart in the second half of the season.
Carr - 76 sacks AS A ROOKIE.
Fell apart the 2nd half huh? What was the sack rate during that time?
I'm genuinely curious.

Edit: if you could include the rate of QB pressures too, that would be amazing, my homie.

kumizi

Reaction score
Anybody that thinks this proves something is fooling themselves. Sure Dak is still learning and needs improvement but go watch the QB accuracy competition at the skills challenge. Wilson did worst then Dak.

Dak already said he will work on accuracy and his 3rd year will tell more
sure am glad you're in every thread to pump sunshine up our butts

Dak said he'll work on it. No need to worry anyone.

Jaylon said his knee is healing. He'll be a pro bowler next year.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Oh no, a fun and half hearted event on tv and he didn't appease the fatties online.

Who cares

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ohh funny..Romo has excuse but Dak doesn't lol. Agenda much? Even though Romo had a better line and Demarco was the best back in the league in 2014 and Dez was one of the best receivers.....

You cannot compare the 2 QBs. Dak is not a gunslinger. He wasn't in college and he is not now. He's a run option QB more like Cam Newton than Romo. The problem is that garret is still trying to run the offense designed for a QB like Romo. The defenses that gave us fits this year would never play Romo as they played Dak daring him to throw to the sidelines and further down field. Its a conundrum. Dak does not have the arm talent, accuracy, or timing of Romo. But, he doesn't need to if the damm coaches would change a little.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh no, a fun and half hearted event on tv and he didn't appease the fatties online.

Who cares
Bruddah, let the killahs kill. This obviously gives them pleasures.
Poor kid does need a ton of work to his game, but this is already is and will continue to be the off-season from Hell.

Gird yourself, brother.

JDSmith

Reaction score
What do you consider easy conditions?

Dave and Busters.

Carr throws the ball better than Dak under easy conditions, that should be obvious to anyone watching. And people on here want to bash Carr because he was drafted first for an expansion team and ruined by starting behind a horrific line from day 1. But there is a reason the Texans drafted Carr number 1 overall. The guy is a very talented QB, and he'd probably throw better than a lot of guys who are currently starting in the NFL. But a bunch of our fans want to pretend that Dak is somehow superior to Carr because he has played on a team that's leaps and bounds better than the one Carr played for.

People here cry because Dak was sacked 6 times vs Atlanta, an AVERAGE game for Carr in 2002 was 4.75 sacks - as a rookie. If you want to know how to ruin a QB, that's a pretty good recipe right there. But it takes nothing away from Carr's ability to throw.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What I find funny is,

Everybody criticizes Dak for being a Check down Charlie. Then criticized him for missing the close throws in this little competition.

Dak with his “noodle arm” then hits the last two, and furthest targets away, before Carr does. And nobody seems to mention it.

Dak does need to work on his accuracy, but come on people this video means nothing.

I mean seriously, the tape is out there of him dropping dimes, into tight windows, down the field during his rookie season. But nobody seems to remember it. It’s as if it never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.