Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
DPiSZ6HWkAArnvR.jpg

A Dak accurate throw under easy conditions

That's one of your underachieving all pro linemen flat on his ***.

Can David Carr do that, Super K!
I do chuckle when people keep talking about this "All-Pro" line and they were terrible in pass protection for much of the season.
These are people who don't watch the games. Or they do and choose to ignore certain... things.

Not that I'm dismissing Dak's issues. He has a TON of work to do ahead of him.

Corso

Reaction score
Dam it Dak, getting shown up by a washed up David Carr.

Carr even skipping the balls off the ground and hitting the targets and meanwhile Dak cant hit a dam thing.:facepalm:
I thought he hit the last 2? Maybe I should rewatch it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Anybody that thinks this proves something is fooling themselves. Sure Dak is still learning and needs improvement but go watch the QB accuracy competition at the skills challenge. Wilson did worst then Dak.

Dak already said he will work on accuracy and his 3rd year will tell more

Dude, they were throwing at stationary targets like 10 feet in front of them at like a Dave and Busters.

An NFL starting QB should not miss every dam target at Dave and Busters........the closest he got was hitting the arm holding the last target:facepalm:

Meanwhile David Carr five years into retirement is skipping balls off the ground and hitting targets..........that's just embarrassing:facepalm:

Gameover

Reaction score
Unlike Khalidi, who doesn't have an objective bone in his body and is too pigheaded to reason, I am objective and I try my best to like at things from all sides.

DPbVs33XkAEv4VP.jpg

Dak missed this crucial throw. Sailed it too high. By game 8 I don't think he would've missed it, but he was off on some throws, early on.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DPiSZ6HWkAArnvR.jpg

A Dak accurate throw under easy conditions

That's one of your underachieving all pro linemen flat on his ***.

Can David Carr do that, Super K!

Told ya. I don't lie. Very accurate. Carr do that? Carr lovers?

DPiShcPWkAUVuR1.jpg

But it can't be accurate, Williams had to get his body in position to catch it! Exactly. And that's part of the many problems!

So you're going to post ONE quality throw under duress and expect that to prove a point?

That's like a 45 handicap golfer knocking one stiff from 250 and then claiming he's Tiger Woods, reincarnated.

Those photos you posted prove nothing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Carr could have been a great QB but he was ruined from a terrible oline.. I susurprised poor guy can speak.. Lol

Don't feel too bad for David, he was drafted number one overall before the rookie salary cap was in place and got $60 million from the Texans before he even played a single snap.

But yea, he did take a beating in Houston during the early years of that franchise.

Corso

Reaction score
Omg......see with your eyes don't believe the fake stats
Wow.
Lol... you know, I once got a tryout by a college coach for their basketball team (I was considering a scholarship with a small school, but a big school wanted me to walk-on) and he had me shoot free throws at a Dave and Busters with a tiny basketball.

And then he evaluated me on said free throws, on an oval hoop, that was 6 feet away at a different height with a ball that was a 3rd the size of the real thing.
He honestly evaluated me.

Pretty cray cray, eh?

Gameover

Reaction score
So you're going to post ONE quality throw under duress and expect that to prove a point?

That's like a 45 handicap golfer knocking one stiff from 250 and then claiming he's Tiger Woods, reincarnated.

Those photos you posted prove nothing.

Dak has been great vs blitz both seasons. If I post 10, it wouldn't be good enough for his detractors. So that's a moot point

And that very game: Dak broke a tackle from one of the best defensive players in the league and hit Dez on a third down. Avoided pressure on the first play of the game and hit Dez deep.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Do you really not understand the concept of the team sport? Carr is clearly a better thrower than Dak, and it's not close. But Carr was on an expansion team with no offensive line - what you saw in the second half of the season for Dak would have been a big improvement for Carr in his career with the Texans. Carr was ruined by the team around him and the fact that he got crushed week in and week out while trying to figure out how to be an NFL QB. He didn't even have an average offensive line, in fact it was mostly terrible, and he never handed off to anyone remotely as good as Zeke. What do you think Dak would do on a team like that Texans team?
Please Add Carr's stats to your rebuttal. Thanks.

It's a team sport until it pertains to Dak. Then suddenly it's all on the QB. Zzzzzzzz. I'm no longer amazed by it.

Corso

Reaction score
Don't feel too bad for David, he was drafted number one overall before the rookie salary cap was in place and got $60 million from the Texans before he even played a single snap.

But yea, he did take a beating in Houston during the early years of that franchise.
True... he'll remember a third of his purchases with that money. Got to like that...

rags747

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus tweeted that Dak has problems in practice with his accuracy. He tweeted that he was a well-known poor practice player, but justified this by saying he had a 13-3 in record. These tweets were made last off-season. Remember, Kellen Moore had the starting job when Romo was recovering from surgery until he also got injured in training camp.

Dak is known for his poor accuracy. 13-3 was an anomaly overall...

And then 2017 happened.
Well if it does prove to be an anomaly we are so ***! Bad QB play and we could be next years version of the NYG. When things go bad they go bad very quickly in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.