Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Fell apart the 2nd half huh? What was the sack rate during that time?
I'm genuinely curious.

Edit: if you could include the rate of QB pressures too, that would be amazing, my homie.

Don't know about pressures, but Dak was sacked 22 times in the second half of the season (6 in one game), for an average of 2.75 sacks per game. During those 8 games he went 145 of 231 for 1506 yards with 6 TDs and 9 Ints for 6.5 ypa and a passer rating of 74.

Edit, totally horked the numbers. Was reading by months rather than games so my total were for 9 games. Good now.

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
sure am glad you're in every thread to pump sunshine up our butts

Dak said he'll work on it. No need to worry anyone.

Jaylon said his knee is healing. He'll be a pro bowler next year.
I call it like I see it but I like to look at the positives. Do you however you feel is good. Don't like my comments, then don't read them or put me in ignore. I'm not forcing you to read anything I write

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Don't know about pressures, but Dak was sacked 22 times in the second half of the season (6 in one game), for an average of 2.75 sacks per game. During those 8 games he went 166 of 264 for 1755 yards with 8 TDs and 9 Ints for 6.6 ypa and a passer rating of 78.1.
Thank you my friend!

rags747

Reaction score
I agree with you. Everyone is hyperbolic when it comes to the qb position on this site.
The main reason being because everyone was so excited after his rookie year, his Soph year was a pretty big punch to the gut to a lot of us and I personally never expected it. Most of us probably figured that we had finally turned the corner only to have to endure another season of absolute crap and crap QB play. After this past season I now feel that we are more unsettled than at any point over the past 10 years and most of that feeling comes from not knowing whether we have a franchise QB or we don't.

Corso

Reaction score
The main reason being because everyone was so excited after his rookie year, his Soph year was a pretty big punch to the gut to a lot of us and I personally never expected it. Most of us probably figured that we had finally turned the corner only to have to endure another season of absolute crap and crap QB play. After this past season I now feel that we are more unsettled than at any point over the past 10 years and most of that feeling comes from not knowing whether we have a franchise QB or we don't.
More hyperbole... nice.
Me rikey:
giphy.gif

Corso

Reaction score
Don't know about pressures, but Dak was sacked 22 times in the second half of the season (6 in one game), for an average of 2.75 sacks per game. During those 8 games he went 145 of 231 for 1506 yards with 6 TDs and 9 Ints for 6.5 ypa and a passer rating of 74.

Edit, totally horked the numbers. Was reading by months rather than games so my total were for 9 games. Good now.
Thank you bruddah. Thumbs up.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Darnit guy! Lol... I was extrapolating!

No I wasn't.

Even extrapolating it would take Dak 28 games to be sacked as many times as Carr was his rookie season. Texans management were idiots, they should have signed a couple of sacrificial veteran QBs to go out there while Carr had a chance to learn the pro game. I'm surprised the guy can even throw the ball at Dave and Busters without going fetal.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, David Carr was a backup QB with the NY Giants in 2011...........the year the Giants won the SB

So yea, he kinda does have a ring.

Don't know what this has to do with hitting targets at Dave and Busters, but you asked.
Wow. Quite a stretch there. But ok... Lol

Corso

Reaction score
Even extrapolating it would take Dak 28 games to be sacked as many times as Carr was his rookie season. Texans management were idiots, they should have signed a couple of sacrificial veteran QBs to go out there while Carr had a chance to learn the pro game. I'm surprised the guy can even throw the ball at Dave and Busters without going fetal.
The PTSD must be strong in him, yes. Is there a Yoda for that?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
How's this stat?
Dak - 57 career sacks. 32 this year and he completely fell apart in the second half of the season.
Carr - 76 sacks AS A ROOKIE.
Ok. Hmm. So they both get sacked a lot. But I'm more interested in playoff victories led, Super Bowls championed, & MVPs. Slide me some of those.

Corso

Reaction score
If Dak wanted to win that competition he could have just yelled "LOOK OUT" or DUCK as Carr was throwing. Would probably cause all kinds of flashbacks.
Ha ha ha ha!!! You are wrong for that! I love it!

Ooh... idea... BRB.

Status
Not open for further replies.