Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

J817

Reaction score
Why did he challenge Dak? Out all of the young QBs, why Dak? I’m not very familiar with what I just saw there. Goff or Trubinsky wasn’t around? Why did this 5 or 6 year retired QB think he could take on Dak tbh? Was Dak interviewed prior to this challenge or something?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Why did he challenge Dak? Out all of the young QBs, why Dak? I’m not very familiar with what I just saw there. Goff or Trubinsky wasn’t around? Why did this 5 or 6 year retired QB think he could take on Dak tbh? Was Dak interviewed prior to this challenge or something?

I think he was interviewed. This wasn’t some pre planned throwing competition.

JDSmith

Reaction score

I don't think it was a 'challenge' exactly. More like guys messing around with the cameras rolling.

Carr really does throw the ball well though.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You ever see the Japanese guy who walks around and yells at people? That guy would probably give Carr a heart attack while throwing.
No, but I'm looking him up now...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Also..... How many times had Carr had the opportunity to practice on that machine? Had he used it before? Was it Dak's first time ever seeing it? Do we know? Hmmmm.....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Can someone please get GM Jerry on the line? We need to lock Carr up.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Also..... How many times had Carr had the opportunity to practice on that machine? Had he used it before? Was it Dak's first time ever seeing it? Do we know? Hmmmm.....
Seemed to me Carr knew the machine as he was explaining it to Dak. Either way it doesn't prove anything. Carr did what in his career compared to a 2nd year QB

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
What? They were bullseye targets lol. Just hit them with the freaking football lmao!

Apparently, he is so down on Dak that he thinks Dak needed to see the machine and see how it worked first, and by not having that, he was at a huge disadvantage.

There were footballs there. And targets. Apparently, Dak needed a day or two to digest what to do next.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy...

Denver laid out the blue print on how to beat us.

Stack the box, stop the run and make them pass the ball.

Dak is a complete joke! Teams basically hope that he throws the ball because they know he sucks!

The way defenses play us shows you what kind of player Dak is.

Yeppers the Cat is out of the bag and defenses are licking there chops waiting for Dak to pass how all cannot see this cold reality simply amazes me.....

starcity214

Reaction score
What I find funny is,

Everybody criticizes Dak for being a Check down Charlie. Then criticized him for missing the close throws in this little competition.

Dak with his “noodle arm” then hits the last two, and furthest targets away, before Carr does. And nobody seems to mention it.

Dak does need to work on his accuracy, but come on people this video means nothing.

I mean seriously, the tape is out there of him dropping dimes, into tight windows, down the field during his rookie season. But nobody seems to remember it. It’s as if it never happened.

Bro, i'm tired of saying the same thing over and over but I can guarantee you that every QB in the NFL from Cooper Rush to Brandon Weeden can make beautiful throws now and then but the reason they "suck" is because they can't consistently make those throws game in and game out.

That is the problem with Dak. He is very inconsistent. He could throw a dime one play and miss a wide open check down on the next ...

No different from the Nick Foles and thr Brandon Weedens of the world..

This is why they are career backups. You just hope that if they have to play, they have one of their good days...

Unless Dak magically becomes a consistent good passer, he is destined to become a career backup.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
What I find funny is,

Everybody criticizes Dak for being a Check down Charlie. Then criticized him for missing the close throws in this little competition.

Dak with his “noodle arm” then hits the last two, and furthest targets away, before Carr does. And nobody seems to mention it.

Dak does need to work on his accuracy, but come on people this video means nothing.

I mean seriously, the tape is out there of him dropping dimes, into tight windows, down the field during his rookie season. But nobody seems to remember it. It’s as if it never happened.
So was it Dak that airmailed a pass to Zeke in the flats that led to a pick 6 vs Seattle? Did that happen or was I dreaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.