Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Bro, i'm tired of saying the same thing over and over but I can guarantee you that every QB in the NFL from Cooper Rush to Brandon Weeden can make beautiful throws now and then but the reason they "suck" is because they can't consistently make those throws game in and game out.

That is the problem with Dak. He is very inconsistent. He could throw a dime one play and miss a wide open check down on the next ...

No different from the Nick Foles and thr Brandon Weedens of the world..

This is why they are career backups. You just hope that if they have to play, they have one of their good days...

Unless Dak magically becomes a consistent good passer, he is destined to become a career backup.
Never put Foles and Weeden in the same sentence. One has the prettiest spiral ever thrown, the other is a Super Bowl MVP over an all-time great performance by Tom Walking-On-Water Brady.

starcity214

Reaction score
dak didn't have perfect protection. His LT was hurt and the targets didn't get any separation.. and the coaches didn't help him throw the ball.. the target forgot how to run routes too.

Dak is a second year player and David Carr didn't even start throwing to those targets untill he retired!! Give Dak a break!!

How would Carr look throwing to those targets when he was young?!

Also, it was cold in Minnesota and that affected his accuracy too.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dak is a second year player and David Carr didn't even start throwing to those targets untill he retired!! Give Dak a break!!

How would Carr look throwing to those targets when he was young?!

Also, it was cold in Minnesota and that affected his accuracy too.
You almost got me there. Exceptional sarcasm.

starcity214

Reaction score
Never put Foles and Weeden in the same sentence. One has the prettiest spiral ever thrown, the other is a Super Bowl MVP over an all-time great performance by Tom Walking-On-Water Brady.

Although I give Nick Foles props for the way he played, I know he will come back to earth sooner or later.

Nobody can take away his 3 game stretch, but I've seen Flacco and Eli do similar things.

That line of thought (selling out on a player after a few good games) is what has this team in the mess it's in.

Corso

Reaction score
Although I give Nick Foles props for the way he played, I know he will come back to earth sooner or later.

Nobody can take away his 3 game stretch, but I've seen Flacco and Eli do similar things.

That line of thought (selling out on a player after a few good games) is what has this team in the mess it's in.
Good point. He went and Flacco'd. Eli got bailed out, Flacco went full-on japanese anime.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

I think we should blow the bank on Foles. I mean, while we're making snap decisions & all. Let's lock him up.

After 2 years, there are some incredible tarot card readers that know Dak is done.

So let's lock up Foles. (Or Carr)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
some of you guys would be all over this thread. if it were dez bryant dropping a bunch a balls in a challenge
Key difference kind sir.. Dez is an established veteran of several years that should be leading by example. Dak is going into year 3.

But please continue.

starcity214

Reaction score
Also..... How many times had Carr had the opportunity to practice on that machine? Had he used it before? Was it Dak's first time ever seeing it? Do we know? Hmmmm.....

Excuses , excuses!!

Going back to 2016, Dak took part in the Pro Bowl QB skills competition and they had a similar setup. When it was Dak's turn, the announcer said that Dak was the ONLY QB to practice the day before.
Dak's throws we're cringeworthy despite the fact that he actually took it seriously enough to practice....

Corso

Reaction score
I think we should blow the bank on Foles. I mean, while we're making snap decisions & all. Let's lock him up.

After 2 years, there are some incredible tarot card readers that know Dak is done.

So let's lock up Foles. (Or Carr)
Lol... Whoo! Me like!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Excuses , excuses!!

Going back to 2016, Dak took part in the Pro Bowl QB skills competition and they had a similar setup. When it was Dak's turn, the announcer said that Dak was the ONLY QB to practice the day before.
Dak's throws we're cringeworthy despite the fact that he actually took it seriously enough to practice....
I guess he "glitched" out because of the pressure to do good..

Status
Not open for further replies.