Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asklesko

Reaction score
So you'd rather him look smart like Carson Wentz or Jarod Goff? You have to be trolling. I'd like to think you are smarter than you are putting on here. With comments like these....I can't imagine you talking about anyones intelligence.

Those two fellows look good playin and that's what really matters.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Bro, i'm tired of saying the same thing over and over but I can guarantee you that every QB in the NFL from Cooper Rush to Brandon Weeden can make beautiful throws now and then but the reason they "suck" is because they can't consistently make those throws game in and game out.

That is the problem with Dak. He is very inconsistent. He could throw a dime one play and miss a wide open check down on the next ...

No different from the Nick Foles and thr Brandon Weedens of the world..

This is why they are career backups. You just hope that if they have to play, they have one of their good days...

Unless Dak magically becomes a consistent good passer, he is destined to become a career backup.

I’ve read you say the same thing over and over again.

I have also said multiple times that Dak has to be more consistent with his accuracy and it stems from his footwork.

You aren’t telling me anything I don’t know already.

We just fundamentally disagree on whether a player can develop that consistency or not over time. I tend to believe that a player can develop it over time and two years is too soon to say they won’t.

starcity214

Reaction score
You know you have nothing when you have to rely on a video of Dak playing a skills challenge equivalent to something you'd find at Chuck E Cheese in order to validate a moronic opinion of Dak. Its quite sad.

On the contraire...

Many of his apologists say that the reason Dak had a bad year was that his entire supporting cast (everyone on offense including the coaches) took a step back and that caused Dak to look bad.

This drill shows that the real issue is QB play...

Can't blame the scheme or receivers on this one.

Now , if Dak was missing a target the size of a nickel 50 yards away, I would cut him some slack but the fact that a guy who doesn't even play anymore (Carr) hit those same targets with ease should concern you.

I have no more to say.

JDSmith

Reaction score
In his press conferences, he just looks dull. He just looks stupid. Got those big teeth and funky eyes. Round head. Like a Goomba from the Super Mario Brothers movie. I see no spark there. He looks dumb as hell.

He would definitely be a lot smarter with a pointier head and smaller teeth.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok so you define gunslinger as someone who could make all the throws? I don't.

But even then.....I don't recall Romo being able to make all the throws in 2014. Especially after the injuries.

As I said, we define gunslinger differently. Seems your going to argue with anything I say. If I define it as you do, i'm wrong. If I define as I do, i'm wrong. :huh:

Romo had his best year overall in 2014. He had career highs in TD passes.........yards per completion.........QBR......... fewest INTs.......the only reason he didn't have 5k yards passing is b/c Murray was sharing the load.

HungryLion

Reaction score
So was it Dak that airmailed a pass to Zeke in the flats that led to a pick 6 vs Seattle? Did that happen or was I dreaming?

What does your stupid post have to do with anything?

I have also seen Romo and countless other QB’s do the same thing on similar plays. What’s your point?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Those two fellows look good playin and that's what really matters.
I'm sure they do. They just like Dak have been in the league for 2 years. They have 1 bad year and 1 good year just like Dak. But for some reason...they are "smart" and look smart. While Dak looks stupid......why? Because he has big teeth(which he doesn't lol), funky eyes(what?! you can smell his eyes?) and here comes the big one! A round head.....if only he had a square head or a football head like Hey Arnold.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo had his best year overall in 2014. He had career highs in TD passes.........yards per completion.........QBR......... fewest INTs.......the only reason he didn't have 5k yards passing is b/c Murray was sharing the load. So, exactly what throws wasn't he making?

Couldn't throw it deep anymore. The offense was built around the run game. It wasn't built around Romo contrary to popular belief around here. Romo was great that year....but I think you could debate he was better in 2017.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
On the contraire...

Many of his apologists say that the reason Dak had a bad year was that his entire supporting cast (everyone on offense including the coaches) took a step back and that caused Dak to look bad.

This drill shows that the real issue is QB play...

Can't blame the scheme or receivers on this one.

Now , if Dak was missing a target the size of a nickel 50 yards away, I would cut him some slack but the fact that a guy who doesn't even play anymore (Carr) hit those same targets with ease should concern you.

I have no more to say.

So you'd rather not watch footage of him playing in the NFL in 2016...you'd rather watch footage of him at Chuck E Cheese playing a skill challenge....yeah I see why you have nothing more to say. This is embarrassing at this point.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Dak is a good kid but his accurate issues were in full display on that video.
I can’t Imagine we’d be able to run a Philly style offense. ( which would be sick we have better weapons than philly). Dak doesn’t have the touch.

This isn’t a pro romo thing but I really think we don’t have our qb of the future. I don’t think he has the tools needed

starcity214

Reaction score
I’ve read you say the same thing over and over again.

I have also said multiple times that Dak has to be more consistent with his accuracy and it stems from his footwork.

You aren’t telling me anything I don’t know already.

We just fundamentally disagree on whether a player can develop that consistency or not over time. I tend to believe that a player can develop it over time and two years is too soon to say they won’t.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Let me just say that if you could learn how to throw at this stage in your career, Tebow would be better than Brady by now.

Tebow , according to most, is a winner...is a hard worker...is a leader...and played great in the playoffs.

I guess he didn't get the memo that it's never too late to learn how to throw a football.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
What does your stupid post have to do with anything?

I have also seen Romo and countless other QB’s do the same thing on similar plays. What’s your point?
Look at you, all emotional with the name calling because I spit the truth about your hero.

The point was accuracy. You kno, the thing this trash QB stuggles mightily with. Short throws, longs throws, intermediate.

He sucks. Youll learn soon enough son

Asklesko

Reaction score
I'm sure they do. They just like Dak have been in the league for 2 years. They have 1 bad year and 1 good year just like Dak. But for some reason...they are "smart" and look smart. While Dak looks stupid......why? Because he has big teeth(which he doesn't lol), funky eyes(what?! you can smell his eyes?) and here comes the big one! A round head.....if only he had a square head or a football head like Hey Arnold.

I haven't seen Jared Goff or Carson Wentz so I really can't say nor do I really care. I have seen Dak, though, and he just gives me the impression of being incredibly insufficient as far as being the one to move the Dallas Cowboys forward.

Goff and Wentz have their worse year in their first year. Dak has his worse year in his second year. Can you spot the difference? The first two are only getting better, while Dak is at best staying the same. Mind you Dak's play doesn't look good to me either. In fact Dak sucked hard this year. I have no confidence in him at all.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couldn't throw it deep anymore. The offense was built around the run game. It wasn't built around Romo contrary to popular belief around here. Romo was great that year....but I think you could debate he was better in 2017.

Thats bull. He couldn't throw it deep? Common dude, get that cr-p outtta here! The Dallas offense has been around Romo since 2007. Not sure how anyone could think otherwise, but I guess every board has its contrarian.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Look at you, all emotional with the name calling because I spit the truth about your hero.

The point was accuracy. You kno, the thing this trash QB stuggles mightily with. Short throws, longs throws, intermediate.

He sucks. Youll learn soon enough son

That wasn’t name calling. Just me spitting the truth about your pointless post.

No surprise you have no response to the fact that Romo and other QB’s have done the same thing at some point in their careers. Typical from you.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion.

Let me just say that if you could learn how to throw at this stage in your career, Tebow would be better than Brady by now.

Tebow , according to most, is a winner...is a hard worker...is a leader...and played great in the playoffs.

I guess he didn't get the memo that it's never too late to learn how to throw a football.

You’re also talking about a much larger gap in skill that needs to be acquired.

Dak’s passing ability as a rookie was far faaaaaar superior to Tebow’s. It’s not even really debateable on that point. Dak has much less improvement needed than Tebow did to become even a marginal passer.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re also talking about a much larger gap in skill that needs to be acquired.

Dak’s passing ability as a rookie was far faaaaaar superior to Tebow’s. It’s not even really debateable on that point. Dak has much less improvement needed than Tebow did to become even a marginal passer.
They both STINK and do not have the talent level to start as a NFL QB ....NEXT PLEASE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.