David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

Qcard

Reaction score

Prescott is giving otherb GMs FREE Pre-FA VISITS....Todd France is so shrewd :lmao:

Blitzen

Reaction score
Is your question insinuating the Cowboys would have been better off with Johnny Manziel and Paxton Lynch? These are the QBs Jerry wanted?

Or are you fantasizing that Carson Wentz in Dallas would be better Lockerroom leader? Or Josh Allen wouldn't lead the league in Turnovers? Or Joe Burrow would not be injury prone and have more 4th QTR playoff TDs than Bengals defense?

Dak Haters live in an alternate reality that Dallas Cowboys 1st RD draft pick in the NIL care about Cowboys History!!! :lmao:

I’m saying the team did well with Troy Aikman. I never insinuated your two paragraphs of strawman. I then asked about all these swings and misses the team seems to be making in the first round of late on QBs. Yup-glad the team’s front office decided against making Manziel and Lynch the QB here at the price it would cost.

Could the fact that the Cowboys had an elite offensive line and rushing attack made life much easier on the QB though? Is it the environment and surrounding cast that have a lot to do with a QB’s success or is it more the QB’s natural gifts-or is this something you yourself decide based off of your credentialing? Are you saying these other QB’s don’t make much difference to their team success or that they pretty much compare well with the QB of this team?

Qcard

Reaction score
I’m saying the team did well with Troy Aikman. I never insinuated your two paragraphs of strawman. I then asked about all these swings and misses the team seems to be making in the first round of late on QBs. Yup-glad the team’s front office decided against making Manziel and Lynch the QB here at the price it would cost.
Are you saying there has never been a Narrattive that any of those QBs in my “strawman“ examples would have already been to or even won Super Bowl?

Does Jason Garrett magically become a better coach?
Could the fact that the Cowboys had an elite offensive line and rushing attack made life much easier on the QB though?
Elite line is a fallacy. This a false Narrattive…….Why weren’t they elite in 2015? Prescott and Zeke performance allowed the Oline to function at a high Level…

Is it the environment and surrounding cast that have a lot to do with a QB’s success or is it more the QB’s natural gifts-or is this something you yourself decide based off of your credentialing?
I decide based on facts…..There is Mahomes and everyone else. The GIFT stuff is stupid and IMO borderline tribal. I watched traditional media call Herbert and Lawrence gifted…..
Are you saying these other QB’s don’t make much difference to their team success or that they pretty much compare well with the QB of this team?

Prescott proved in 2023 that his teams can have success without a legit Running game.

I am saying I don’t anoint QBs. Burrow is anointed, injury prone and his defenses have more 4th QTR playoff TDs, Allen is turnover machine that alienated his best weapon, Kellen Moore couldn’t make Herbert great again, Hurts personality is quote book thin, Dak Haters would settle for Cooper Rush 4 wins in 7 seasons…..All these guys have Warts!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This team needs to lose to be in position to find a real elite QB. That is, if you want to be a legitimate contender instead of a wannabe.
Losing doesn’t guarantee you’ll find an elite QB. There’s teams that have lost for more than a decade and still haven’t found one. There was a list that was posted of every QB that was drafted the past 20 years and only about 17 became franchise QBs. From that list less than that became elite. The best chance to find a great QB is early in the draft, but the bust rate is very high amongst the top QBs taken. We have a QB who’s good enough to win a championship, but the “team” around him hasn’t been good enough.

rambo2

Reaction score
This team needs to lose to be in position to find a real elite QB. That is, if you want to be a legitimate contender instead of a wannabe.
See the Jets. The have been losing for half a century.

rambo2

Reaction score
You Tell'em rambo!!!! Get off Their high horse!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Watch a Kurt Warner video and get EDUCATED!!!!!!!!!

Three 12 Win Seasons in a Heckin ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as good as a SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Trolls in Hawaiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 800 years of Coaching experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dak Prescott best QB in the league!!!!! Jerry best GM in the league!!!!
They are pretty darn good.

rambo2

Reaction score
Bad example they have been to two conference championships games since the Cowboys last visit.
Lol, they suck and have sucked for half a century and are in great position to go right back to the bottom aa soon as Rodgers is gone.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak would get the same amount of hate from the fans of the team he was with if he had put up a 2-5 playoff record and looked the way he has doing it the last 3 years. To say otherwise would be disingenuous at best.
It's not just the win-loss record in the playoffs, it's how Dak has played in the losses. I wish I had the playoff splits by half. He's always bumped up the numbers in garbage time, but while the game was in doubt in the first half, it was often just bad. 2 ints in the first 4 drives. Ugh.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Outside of the TB playoff game, Dak has been mediocre to bad in the first half of every playoff game. To think Dak isn’t part of the problem in these high stakes scenarios is just deluding oneself. Dak threw three picks in around seven minutes in the SF game last season. He has a big game problem.
Dak isn't the only problem the last 3 years, but he has been a problem in the 1st half of games.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not just the win-loss record in the playoffs, it's how Dak has played in the losses. I wish I had the playoff splits by half. He's always bumped up the numbers in garbage time, but while the game was in doubt in the first half, it was often just bad. 2 ints in the first 4 drives. Ugh.
Not just 2 interceptions...but 14 FREE easy point single-handedly.

If any coward trolls want to "debate me": about the facts.....lets go.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Hellmans right. Dak wouldn’t get near the hate that he gets with Dallas fans and especially CZ fans.
I would like to think a core group of 10-20 people on a forum don't represent the majority.

Many Dallas Cowboys fans actually root for the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Crazy concept I know. :starspin: