David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
First round quarterbacks since 2014, with ones that I consider to be franchise passers in bold type:

Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Mitch Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Joe Burrow, Tua Tagavailoa, Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Kenny Pickett, Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud, Anthony Richardson.

That's 32 quarterbacks. 11 of them are franchise guys, even though it's kind of a stretch in the case of Mayfield, Tua, and Lawrence (at least right now). It's also too early to judge Young and Richardson.

But even if they do eventually succeed, that means 19 of these guys generally failed to meet expectations; and the majority were flat out busts.

Now, do we trust the Cowboys to effectively find the next Mahomes or Burrow or even Love if they let Dak walk?

Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Top notch troll you are.........Thank you for revealing yourself.

Everyone....beware this fraud.
lol...I told you that TMC will gaslight you and rabbit hole the hell out of you if you let him. TMC has that down to a science.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"We'll see if Dallas can replicate its success without Dak"

. . . . what success? Winning 2 WC games in 8 years? Yeah, I think Dallas can do that.
Well, we might get to a position where we won't even be in the playoffs and trade for lance(oh we already did) or draft the next quincy Carter or Johnny manziel.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There we go again with the WHO WILL YOU replace him with lol, not like he's done much in the playoffs to get us closer to another ring. He can be replaced
Yes..who?

You complain about QB play not being at elite level. And when someone says we'll, ok then let's replace him and this is your response? Will you next be complaining about just getting to the playoffs?

Your whataboutism is at full force

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Outside of the TB playoff game, Dak has been mediocre to bad in the first half of every playoff game. To think Dak isn’t part of the problem in these high stakes scenarios is just deluding oneself. Dak threw three picks in around seven minutes in the SF game last season. He has a big game problem.
He is part of the problem
Getting rid of him is not the only solution.
There is more wrong with Cowboys than just Dak

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I guess I am an uneducated fan. That's a new one. Dak hater's replaced with uneducated. LOL Dak's playoff record of 2 wins 5 losses speaks volumes. Dak is part of the problem, not part of the solution.
But he is not the only problem.
And getting rid of him is not all of the solution.

The dak haters live in such a black and white world and everything is always Daks fault.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Man, this is so tiresome. As it has been explained a thousand times.

With Dak we know where the ceiling is. With a rebuild we get a whole new chance to get different results. Do we have the risk of getting worse results? Of course. But when has that ever been the reason not to try something new in the history of mankind? Dak isn't in is second year. He's been here 4 years too long.

That's not so hard to comprehend, is it? I don't need a better QB right out of the gates. But I want the chance to fair better, not stay where I am.
The biggest question is do you trust the Joneses to be able to rebuild? 28 years says no, which also includes Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Take this another angel real quick, Lance does good, we keep him, we let Dak walk, HOW MUCH do you think it would cost us to keep Lance around?? I'm not thinking less than 20-30 million a year ESPECIALLY if he does a solid job
Wait. This is utterly stupid.

You complain about Dak who is good QB not elite

And replace him with a Solud QB not even good

What do you expect the results to be?

Or is your whole goal just not to Pay? Do you work for Stephen Jones by any chance?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
First round quarterbacks since 2014, with ones that I consider to be franchise passers in bold type:

Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Mitch Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Joe Burrow, Tua Tagavailoa, Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Kenny Pickett, Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud, Anthony Richardson.

That's 32 quarterbacks. 11 of them are franchise guys, even though it's kind of a stretch in the case of Mayfield, Tua, and Lawrence (at least right now). It's also too early to judge Young and Richardson.

But even if they do eventually succeed, that means 19 of these guys generally failed to meet expectations; and the majority were flat out busts.

Now, do we trust the Cowboys to effectively find the next Mahomes or Burrow or even Love if they let Dak walk?

Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for.
The numbers and history clearly show that by far your best chance to win the SB is to draft QBs in the first round.

Pointing out ones that failed does not invalidate the strategy, nor should a team simply give up on trying to find the right QB in the 1st round jut because the last one was a bust.

Trying to argue against this reality shows that you just want to keep Dak instead of win a SB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's fine...the problem with citing the TB game as some sort of achievement is the TB has an asterisk as one of few playoffs teams with....a losing record.

So while technically it's true TB was a playoff-caliber team...it certainly was not a typical one. Not even an average playoff team. An epically bad one.

We'll take it of course, since pickings are so slim.
They had a top 10 defense that year.
Their offense was struggling.

But funny people put asterisks because of some stat, yet our defense giving up 250 yards rushing to Rams is somehow OK with you? No astricks......

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The numbers and history clearly show that by far your best chance to win the SB is to draft QBs in the first round.

Pointing out ones that failed does not invalidate the strategy, nor should a team simply give up on trying to find the right QB in the 1st round jut because the last one was a bust.

Trying to argue against this reality shows that you just want to keep Dak instead of win a SB.
As fans, we bicker and point fingers at each other for not endorsing this strategy. We are all on the outside of the front office with zero power for employing the strategy.

In contrast, the guy, who lives within his comfy front office of inflexibility, has 100% of the power to do so and has done nothing with it since Troy Aikman's retirement. Maybe 'nothing' is too harsh. Let's do a quick review of the Mad Genius' miss or not pulling the trigger at the position since 2000:
  • With no number #1 pick, MG reached hard in the second round for Quincy Carter
  • MG slobbered over Johnny Manziel
  • MG regretted not trading for Paxton Lynch
All of the above are decisions, both actual and rejected, that Jerry Jones invested genuine thought in using a prime or near prime draft pick at quarterback during that stretch. I would hope there is some consensus that the franchise would benefit from selecting a *smart* first-round selection at the position.

However, the guy, who has the final say on turning in Dallas' card into the commissioner, is not qualified in overseeing the implementation of the strategy. That is the freaking conundrum all fans, who have supported or not supported post-Aikman quarterbacks, have found ourselves trapped within.

And it is worth mentioning how MG demonstrates how his GUT feels about the strategy. Most recently, he went Lone Wolf and acquired Trey Lance from San Francisco. MG is a strategic mastermind as far as quarterbacks are concerned--solely inside his head.