David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Well, we might get to a position where we won't even be in the playoffs and trade for lance(oh we already did) or draft the next quincy Carter or Johnny manziel.
Yes, the situation could be worse.

I'll again restate that you are pointing out that Jerry and Stephen are idiots. I won't disagree. Most Dak supporters think that in order for him to win, there has to be a good team around him. I won't disagree. What are the odds that idiot Jerry and Stephen are able to put a good team around Dak when he has a $60m aav plus the team is still paying off $40m of his last contract?

I'm guessing minimal.

IMO, the odds of Dallas lucking into a quarterback are better than them putting a better team than last year around Dak while he is a massive cap hit. Both being not good odds.

rambo2

Reaction score
The last time they had the #1 pick, they drafted Aikman. Maybe, just maybe they can do it right again
They aren't going to have the number 1 pick anytime soon and they will continue to be good in the coming years.

rambo2

Reaction score
First round quarterbacks since 2014, with ones that I consider to be franchise passers in bold type:

Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Mitch Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Joe Burrow, Tua Tagavailoa, Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Kenny Pickett, Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud, Anthony Richardson.

That's 32 quarterbacks. 11 of them are franchise guys, even though it's kind of a stretch in the case of Mayfield, Tua, and Lawrence (at least right now). It's also too early to judge Young and Richardson.

But even if they do eventually succeed, that means 19 of these guys generally failed to meet expectations; and the majority were flat out busts.

Now, do we trust the Cowboys to effectively find the next Mahomes or Burrow or even Love if they let Dak walk?

Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for.
All they had to do was draft Prescott in the 1st round instead of the 4th and we would be set.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They had a top 10 defense that year.
Their offense was struggling.

But funny people put asterisks because of some stat, yet our defense giving up 250 yards rushing to Rams is somehow OK with you? No astricks......
"because of some stat"? ...What in the hell are you talking about?

8-9 isn't just "some stat".

It means you are LOSERS.

I never said Rams is somehow okay with me...why are you arguing that and claiming your victory?

God people...sheesh!

Tampa Bay were LOSERS. The record says they are not me. Why can't you face that fact.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s about championships to me as well but you can’t get to the championship without making the playoffs. You can’t skip the playoffs and go straight to a SB.

And it is different. There’s a difference between going to the playoffs and failing and not sniffing it. Neither outcome is ideal but one is certainly worse than the other.
There is ZERO difference in going to the playoffs and getting totally embarrassed in the first game of it.

We used to have high standards.

Now...fans like you think it's some grand accomplishment just to make the playoffs and then get our *** handed to us in the first game.

Slim pickings.

Kids these days don't know what greatness and champions means.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Yes, the situation could be worse.

I'll again restate that you are pointing out that Jerry and Stephen are idiots. I won't disagree. Most Dak supporters think that in order for him to win, there has to be a good team around him. I won't disagree. What are the odds that idiot Jerry and Stephen are able to put a good team around Dak when he has a $60m aav plus the team is still paying off $40m of his last contract?

I'm guessing minimal.

IMO, the odds of Dallas lucking into a quarterback are better than them putting a better team than last year around Dak while he is a massive cap hit. Both being not good odds.
Good enough to win 12 games the past three years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There is ZERO difference in going to the playoffs and getting totally embarrassed in the first game of it.

We used to have high standards.

Now...fans like you think it's some grand accomplishment just to make the playoffs and then get our *** handed to us in the first game.

Slim pickings.

Kids these days don't know what greatness and champions means.
Well tell me a way to make a SB without making the playoffs. I’m open to any suggestions…..

The whole ageist angle doesn’t work. You have high standards but you’d rather miss the dance then go? We cut from a different cloth. I’ll leave it at that.

Swagger

Reaction score
"because of some stat"? ...What in the hell are you talking about?

8-9 isn't just "some stat".

It means you are LOSERS.

I never said Rams is somehow okay with me...why are you arguing that and claiming your victory?

God people...sheesh!

Tampa Bay were LOSERS. The record says they are not me. Why can't you face that fact.
Tampa Bay were a shell of the team that won the Superbowl hence the losing record. They had a lot of injuries and plenty of guys were patched up to play no way near their best form/condition against the Cowboys. It reminded me of when Prescott balled out against a Washington team mostly containing players seriously out of form and lacking the juice in the tank after returning from Covid! :laugh:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Umm…ok. He got one runner up vote out of 50 or something. That’s like saying the team almost won the SB last year.
Yes, it became clear it shouldnt be him based on a single late season loss. But he was in the running through most of last year. Only one person can win. I guess the 2nd or 3rd or 4th best player in the league is trash since they didn't come in 1st?

Grow up.