David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"because of some stat"? ...What in the hell are you talking about?

8-9 isn't just "some stat".

It means you are LOSERS.

I never said Rams is somehow okay with me...why are you arguing that and claiming your victory?

God people...sheesh!

Tampa Bay were LOSERS. The record says they are not me. Why can't you face that fact.
way too funny. 8-9 is a stat. its a win/loss stat

sounds like I got under your skin, you threw a nasty tantrum.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Good enough to win 12 games the past three years.
During that period the Cowboys are 15-3 versus the NFCE and 21-12 versus the rest of the league ( IMO, people really overestimate the team based on playing in one of the worst divisions in football. When the playoffs start, that 21-12 record comes into play and they lose.

Unfortunately, the team continues to make salary mistakes based on racking up huge stats against the Giants and Commanders.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yes, it became clear it shouldnt be him based on a single late season loss. But he was in the running through most of last year. Only one person can win. I guess the 2nd or 3rd or 4th best player in the league is trash since they didn't come in 1st?

Grow up.
He got one vote and it wasn’t even a first place vote. He predominantly plays well against the NFC least and the poor pass defenses of the league and not so much against the tougher defenses in the league. His so-called “runner-up” MVP season reflected the former because it was against statistically the 32nd pass defense in the league. Therefore, you can likely chalk up that one vote to a Dak “homer”, like some who exist here. If the media (which changes like the wind) really considered him a candidate, he would’ve received more votes.

The MVP award should go to a player who is most significant to the winning of the team (across the league). A few years ago, the team had the same record and went 5-1 with Rush as the QB, and the pass defenses weren’t statistically the worst in the league.

Also, I fail to see how my post was immature such that it was required with the “grow up” imperative. An applicable analogy is neither childish name calling nor is it dozens of laughing emoticons some people post.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The truth of the matter is Cowboy fans have seen enough and realize this team is really got some good players and Dak is preventing them from trying to improve at the QB position. You didn't see SF holding onto Jimmy G. And he played those important games better than Dak. Dak just doesn't have it mentally and fans would trade those 50 points wins over Washington for a QB that doesn't embarrass the team in the playoffs.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yes, it became clear it shouldnt be him based on a single late season loss. But he was in the running through most of last year. Only one person can win. I guess the 2nd or 3rd or 4th best player in the league is trash since they didn't come in 1st?

Grow up.
The man isn't even in the list of top 50 best players in the NFL.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The truth of the matter is Cowboy fans have seen enough and realize this team is really got some good players and Dak is preventing them from trying to improve at the QB position. You didn't see SF holding onto Jimmy G. And he played those important games better than Dak. Dak just doesn't have it mentally and fans would trade those 50 points wins over Washington for a QB that doesn't embarrass the team in the playoffs.
The Dak fan crowd want to claim that it's the defense that was the sole reason for the loss and that Dak was just an innocent bystander in all of it. What they don't want you to remember is this - the last 3 years the Cowboys have made the playoffs and two of those 3 years the defense gave them a fighting chance while the offense led by Mr. #2 MVP failed to capitalize on the chances given to them by the defense. Last year the defense went into that GB game largely dinged up to the point where they had safeties playing LB. Meanwhile for an entire half of football the healthier side (the offense) did nothing, in fact they did worse than nothing because nothing would have meant punts and forcing GB to march down the field. Naw, the offense was feeling way to charitable and turned the ball over multiple times putting an already stressed defense in an even worse position.

Did Dak lose the GB game by himself? No. Was he a huge contributor to the debacle? Absolutely.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
So you choose to be miserable with the others.
For some living in reality is misery...for others living in a world of comforting lies is the misery.

Red or blue pill...? I take the red pill. I want to live IN REALITY...not some fantasy world where Jerry bleeds me dry of hope and money. Enjoy the matrix!

LysleE

Reaction score
Dak is being paid by Dallas to be a difference-maker, a player that elevates his team under adversity and above all win championships; not to get dominated at home in the playoffs by the 7th-seed team while looking like a deer-in-headlights as seen by millions of viewers…so Dak is far from being a difference-maker.
Dak has been in the league for what 8-9 years now? He has enjoyed being on talented teams for the better part of his career; the offense has been simplified to minimize his decision-making and yet he has been unable to advance to NFC championship; only thing Dak is good at is generating gaudy statistics against sub-par teams, which he has done for years…living off a weak NFC East.
It’s funny that some think he is all of a sudden going to take that “next step” and become a championship-caliber QB…that boat has sailed. Dak is what he is…an average QB, a bus driver who is not irreplaceable as some would suggest.

Forneymike

Reaction score
Dak is being paid by Dallas to be a difference-maker, a player that elevates his team under adversity and above all win championships; not to get dominated at home in the playoffs by the 7th-seed team while looking like a deer-in-headlights as seen by millions of viewers…so Dak is far from being a difference-maker.
Dak has been in the league for what 8-9 years now? He has enjoyed being on talented teams for the better part of his career; the offense has been simplified to minimize his decision-making and yet he has been unable to advance to NFC championship; only thing Dak is good at is generating gaudy statistics against sub-par teams, which he has done for years…living off a weak NFC East.
It’s funny that some think he is all of a sudden going to take that “next step” and become a championship-caliber QB…that boat has sailed. Dak is what he is…an average QB, a bus driver who is not irreplaceable as some would suggest.
my only question that never gets answered is who the replacement is.. I don't disagree that he can be replaced but tell me with who and I watch college football and the pros, I will tell you if that QB can win the SB. That is the goal, not getting farther in the playoffs.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The Cowboys can release Dak right now and not owe him a dime. All they’d be giving up is the 3rd round comp pick they’ll receive for him in the 2026 draft if he leaves in free agency. The only reason Dak is still with the Dallas Cowboys is the Cowboys don’t have a better alternative than Dak Prescott. Jerry Jones does not have a better quarterback than Dak available to him and he is too cowardly to cut Dak and go with Trey Lance. Lots of fans hate Dak, and I believe he should be released right now, before camp starts, but I know he’s still the Cowboys QB1 because the Cowboys have no one else they can count on to be their quarterback. So hate Dak all we want he is, nevertheless, the guy Jerry Jones is counting on this season. Dak has to be counting the days until he can leave the clown show that is the Dallas Cowboys. And all the endorsement money in the world is not going to make Dak want to stay with the Cowboys. However well he’s done his job, he’s better at being an NFL quarterback than Jerry Jones is at being an NFL GM.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Dak fan crowd want to claim that it's the defense that was the sole reason for the loss and that Dak was just an innocent bystander in all of it. What they don't want you to remember is this - the last 3 years the Cowboys have made the playoffs and two of those 3 years the defense gave them a fighting chance while the offense led by Mr. #2 MVP failed to capitalize on the chances given to them by the defense. Last year the defense went into that GB game largely dinged up to the point where they had safeties playing LB. Meanwhile for an entire half of football the healthier side (the offense) did nothing, in fact they did worse than nothing because nothing would have meant punts and forcing GB to march down the field. Naw, the offense was feeling way to charitable and turned the ball over multiple times putting an already stressed defense in an even worse position.

Did Dak lose the GB game by himself? No. Was he a huge contributor to the debacle? Absolutely.
Who said defense was sole reason to blame? Where are these posts?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Who said defense was sole reason to blame? Where are these posts?
Isn't that the constant drum beat anyone someone talks about Dak's preformance in the GB game? Isn't the slogan - Dak does not play defense? No, he doesn't play defense, he just helps screw his own defense over. Did that quite efficiently in that GB game.