David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

davidr295

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I stated I was incorrect about what I had commented on. But, if you take the total points received by the top 2, Dak received 24% of the points, still not close. And if you factor in all the points, his % goes down further. He didn't receive a single 1st place vote, not close.

Sorry, but "wasn't close" was in fact correct.
You are correct, how can someone be close to winning something with no votes

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't that the constant drum beat anyone someone talks about Dak's preformance in the GB game? Isn't the slogan - Dak does not play defense? No, he doesn't play defense, he just helps screw his own defense over. Did that quite efficiently in that GB game.
The person you replied to plays dumb. Dont fall for it.

He knows good and well one of his buddies claims mm forced dak to throw the gb interceptions. We can find it if we had to but just not worth it. Not one second.
Still plenty of people even as we speak blaming defense for everything.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just to be clear, I stated I was incorrect about what I had commented on. But, if you take the total points received by the top 2, Dak received 24% of the points, still not close. And if you factor in all the points, his % goes down further. He didn't receive a single 1st place vote, not close.

Sorry, but "wasn't close" was in fact correct.
Dont spend too much time on it. Hes on a troll roll.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My comments dealt with the final outcome as that's how a winner is selected. I offered my comments in response to all of the MVP second place arguments as a reason to resign Dak to a huge third contract. I simply don't agree. When you review the outcome, the MVP race wasn't close.
The race came down to the wire but I mean I understand lol…..a MVP Race isn’t one week typically marathon that goes on all season long. But to admit that would mean you would admit Dak was in the race and I know we’re gonna see things differently because we are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The person you replied to plays dumb. Dont fall for it.

He knows good and well one of his buddies claims mm forced dak to throw the gb interceptions. We can find it if we had to but just not worth it. Not one second.
Still plenty of people even as we speak blaming defense for everything.
Dont spend too much time on it. Hes on a troll roll.
The thing about those posters though is they have their own brains and aren’t sensitive as you are Cowboylover. They understand we will agree or disagree with each other something your sensitivity won’t allow you to understand I can’t help you. You can’t be helped at your big age.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing about those posters though is they have their own brains and aren’t sensitive as you are Cowboylover. They understand we will agree or disagree with each other something your sensitivity won’t allow you to understand I can’t help you. You can’t be helped at your big age.
All i can do is say what youve done before. And you can take your own advice there....you dont have to like or agree with what i say. You dint have to be so sensitive about it.

If you dont like my name change....take it up with admin. Anyone from the other forums know me by this name. not trying to hide anyrhing in fact more transparenct about who i am.

So your veiled insult not as sharp as you thought.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is that supposed to be a flex? That statement does not tell the whole story. He got zero MVP votes, Josh Allen got 1 and the rest went to Lamar. So in reality Allen came in 2nd. But it doesn't really matter because unless you come in 1st the rest is just the race for 2nd loser.
He did not get zero mvp votes for the 100th time lol….

And no it’s not a flex. It’s stating the facts. All I’m stating is facts. I haven’t said if Dak sucks or is elite. You can say it a million times but it doesn’t make it true.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All i can do is say what youve done before. And you can take your own advice there....you dont have to like or agree with what i say. You dint have to be so sensitive about it.

If you dont like my name change....take it up with admin. Anyone from the other forums know me by this name. not trying to hide anyrhing in fact more transparenct about who i am.

So your veiled insult not as sharp as you thought.
I’m not sensitive about it I’m just stating facts. Going from poster to poster to build up some hate campaign against me is not going to work with those who think for themselves is all I’m saying. You’ve determined I’m a troll. Bet. You know what to do with trolls right? I advise you to do what you need to do because you can’t force me to change my stance or opinion based on calling me that.

I like Cowboylover better than this Steve character.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Are you saying there has never been a Narrattive that any of those QBs in my “strawman“ examples would have already been to or even won Super Bowl?

Does Jason Garrett magically become a better coach?

Elite line is a fallacy. This a false Narrattive…….Why weren’t they elite in 2015? Prescott and Zeke performance allowed the Oline to function at a high Level…

I decide based on facts…..There is Mahomes and everyone else. The GIFT stuff is stupid and IMO borderline tribal. I watched traditional media call Herbert and Lawrence gifted…..

Prescott proved in 2023 that his teams can have success without a legit Running game.

I am saying I don’t anoint QBs. Burrow is anointed, injury prone and his defenses have more 4th QTR playoff TDs, Allen is turnover machine that alienated his best weapon, Kellen Moore couldn’t make Herbert great again, Hurts personality is quote book thin, Dak Haters would settle for Cooper Rush 4 wins in 7 seasons…..All these guys have Warts!!

I get what you are saying, and on lots of points I agree. No one knows whether or not it’s true that a QB from another team would have more success in Dallas than Dak (postseason). And by that token, no one knows if Dak would have as much success on other teams as the QB’s that played for them (it’s all belief and faith).

You seem to come across as saying replacing a QB is difficult in one post-only to point out all the warts of QB’s on other teams on another post. I think that the anointing is completely marketing driven. QB vs QB-Not team vs team. The daily grind of producing new content for football fans that just cannot handle diverting their attention to other stuff.

I have to say they that 2015 season should be the biggest indictment of Jason Garrett than all others. It also calls into question the franchises willingness to draft a QB higher in the draft and attempt to develop them. Dez got injured for lots of games too. Demarco had signed somewhere else, and the team signed the washed Darren McFadden. The funny thing is the team did really well rushing the ball as far as YPC (4.6 for all rushers) and came in 9th in total yards despite rushing it hundreds of times less than the leaders. The offensive line was a top five unit from 2014-2016, and has been mostly a top ten unit for the past several seasons except for injury riddled seasons like 2020.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ok then he was not close because he got 0 1st place votes. If anything Allen was the one that was close because he at least got 1 vote.
He was literally the lead candidate with Purdy to win it all in December lol…..did you even pay attention to the season or are you at spewing numbers you saw on X? I don’t get why there is such a fight over this. Who cares if he got second place?

davidr295

Reaction score
He was literally the lead candidate with Purdy to win it all in December lol…..did you even pay attention to the season or are you at spewing numbers you saw on X? I don’t get why there is such a fight over this. Who cares if he got second place?
1. who cares who was the lead candidate in December, all that matters who won.
2. not only did he not win he got 0 1st place votes
3. There is a fight because you use him getting 2nd place votes as a flex and you care that he got 2nd because you are the one that brought it up once again as a form of an accomplishment

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not sensitive about it I’m just stating facts. Going from poster to poster to build up some hate campaign against me is not going to work with those who think for themselves is all I’m saying. You’ve determined I’m a troll. Bet. You know what to do with trolls right? I advise you to do what you need to do because you can’t force me to change my stance or opinion based on calling me that.

I like Cowboylover better than this Steve character.
"going poster to poster building up hate campaign"....that's pretty good. made me smile!

Telling people your MO and let them decide. You've done this "i never seen it" stuff before, while knowing my entire catalog...I mean...a little suspicious don't you think?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
1. who cares who was the lead candidate in December, all that matters who won.
2. not only did he not win he got 0 1st place votes
3. There is a fight because you use him getting 2nd place votes as a flex and you care that he got 2nd because you are the one that brought it up once again as a form of an accomplishment
Well listen you don’t have to care about who the lead candidate was. You jumped into the conversation about the MVP race. You can happily jump back out if you don’t like where the conversation is going it seems to be triggering you.

I did not use it as a flex I verbatim said it wasn’t a flex lol. You guys think it’s a flex that’s why you guys try to discredit it. At the end of the day he was in the MVp race and lost. If you don’t agree ok. That’s fine.