David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The man isn't even in the list of top 50 best players in the NFL.
Prescott lead the NFL in several key categories in 2023 with 4,516 passing yards (third), 36 touchdowns (1st), nine interceptions and a QBR of 72.7 (second in the NFL).

Grow up

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He got one vote and it wasn’t even a first place vote. He predominantly plays well against the NFC least and the poor pass defenses of the league and not so much against the tougher defenses in the league. His so-called “runner-up” MVP season reflected the former because it was against statistically the 32nd pass defense in the league. Therefore, you can likely chalk up that one vote to a Dak “homer”, like some who exist here. If the media (which changes like the wind) really considered him a candidate, he would’ve received more votes.

The MVP award should go to a player who is most significant to the winning of the team (across the league). A few years ago, the team had the same record and went 5-1 with Rush as the QB, and the pass defenses weren’t statistically the worst in the league.

Also, I fail to see how my post was immature such that it was required with the “grow up” imperative. An applicable analogy is neither childish name calling nor is it dozens of laughing emoticons some people post.
He was 2nd in QBR which adjusts for quality of opponent. But yes let's pretend he just beats up on bad teams.

Always something new with you lot.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Only with uneducated fans.
Rockport is one fan I hope leaves with Dak. The reason is he never admits to Dak being part of the problem more than being part of the solution. What has he done? Not one thing to give give the level of support he has gotten year after year from you. You still supported when he was undeniably throwing into double coverage and getting sacked constantly. Your excuse was it was wide receiver fault, TE fault, then I kind fault. Then blame the defense. The only common element in the first three is Dak. This year ls excuse will be no running back, it’s laughable to say Dak is elite when he requires elite at every position. He can’t elevate the mediocre players bc he’s mediocre himself. Deer in the headlights guaranteed when comes to big games and that can’t be put onto a spreadsheet, but everyone can see it but you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Isn't that the constant drum beat anyone someone talks about Dak's preformance in the GB game? Isn't the slogan - Dak does not play defense? No, he doesn't play defense, he just helps screw his own defense over. Did that quite efficiently in that GB game.
I don’t know about screwing his defense over in the GB game I never seen so many wide open receivers in my life.

And I don’t think anyone is being serious when they blame the defense for our losses solely. I haven’t seen it anyway.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rockport is one fan I hope leaves with Dak. The reason is he never admits to Dak being part of the problem more than being part of the solution. What has he done? Not one thing to give give the level of support he has gotten year after year from you. You still supported when he was undeniably throwing into double coverage and getting sacked constantly. Your excuse was it was wide receiver fault, TE fault, then I kind fault. Then blame the defense. The only common element in the first three is Dak. This year ls excuse will be no running back, it’s laughable to say Dak is elite when he requires elite at every position. He can’t elevate the mediocre players bc he’s mediocre himself. Deer in the headlights guaranteed when comes to big games and that can’t be put onto a spreadsheet, but everyone can see it but you.
Why does how Rockport feel about Dak bother you so much?

blueblood70

Reaction score
During that period the Cowboys are 15-3 versus the NFCE and 21-12 versus the rest of the league ( IMO, people really overestimate the team based on playing in one of the worst divisions in football. When the playoffs start, that 21-12 record comes into play and they lose.

Unfortunately, the team continues to make salary mistakes based on racking up huge stats against the Giants and Commanders.
Really,

there's two sides to that coin IE this debate literally we have a team in our division who's allegedly makes all these great moves one of the best football Mr. all in high risk and we've won the division twice from them not just New York in Washington so let's calm down on you overreacting to that as well there is a lot of division set up like that in the entire NFL sometimes you just have better teams at the top isn't that how it works not every team is going to be that good that is why there's a hierarchy it's the Cowboys and Eagles fighting right now for the top spot in the Cowboys managed 2 out of last three years doing a division against Mr. eagle Howie Roseman the king of the NFL GM literally beat him twice for the division but he's been what is Super Bowl in 2017 been to a Super Bowl in the last three years so you changed that division that we just beat a Super Bowl caliber team twice for the division that makes a lot of moves versus us not making enough moves?

This is kind of the base that frustrate me this is the parody in the NFL this is literally how it was set up it was how it built and beating up on your division is what a lot of teams do,,,

but just to be fair why don't you go break down every single division over the last 10 years and see what the top teams were doing that were consistently making the playoffs and what everyone else in their division was doing because I'm betting you're going to find out it's a top heavy league even with parody lot of teams live off eating the flesh of the week in their division that's just how it goes....

chiefs have who competing in their division?

remember when NE was Destroying theirs who exactly was challenging them?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
He was 2nd in QBR which adjusts for quality of opponent. But yes let's pretend he just beats up on bad teams.

Always something new with you lot.
There’s no reason to pretend. That’s what the team has done for many years. The Commanders and Giants have either sucked or been mediocre every year with the Eagles giving the team the only real competition for some seasons.

Also, tell me how QBR adjusts for quality of opponent? How does it reduce his QBR based on playing against the worst pass defenses in totality in the league because that is what it will do. You don’t get a higher QB rating beating up on bad teams if quality of opponent is taken into account.

Other than that, you didn’t counter anything. So, no, it isn’t something “new with you lot”.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, it became clear it shouldnt be him based on a single late season loss. But he was in the running through most of last year. Only one person can win. I guess the 2nd or 3rd or 4th best player in the league is trash since they didn't come in 1st?

Grow up.
He received one 2nd place vote. He was never really in the running except by the talking heads. 49-1 is not MVP runner-up, really.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He received one 2nd place vote. He was never really in the running except by the talking heads. 49-1 is not MVP runner-up, really.
He did not get one 2nd place vote lol. I don’t know why you guys keep saying this lol. Josh Allen is the one who got the first place vote not Dak.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He did not get one 2nd place vote lol. I don’t know why you guys keep saying this lol. Josh Allen is the one who got the first place vote not Dak.
I stand corrected. He still wasn't close nor did he receive a single 1st place vote:

Lamar Jackson, Ravens49-0-1-0-0493
Dak Prescott, Cowboys0-17-13-11-6152
Christian McCaffrey, 49ers0-17-12-11-4147
Brock Purdy, 49ers0-9-5-12-1397
Josh Allen, Bills1-5-11-3-680
Tyreek Hill, Dolphins0-2-6-9-1460
Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs0-0-2-2-212
Matthew Stafford, Rams0-0-0-2-04
C.J. Stroud, Texans0-0-0-0-44
Myles Garrett, Browns0-0-0-0-11

Mods, please Delete if I've broken a rule about posting work by others.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I stand corrected. He still wasn't close nor did he receive a sibgle 1st place vote:

Lamar Jackson, Ravens49-0-1-0-0493
Dak Prescott, Cowboys0-17-13-11-6152
Christian McCaffrey, 49ers0-17-12-11-4147
Brock Purdy, 49ers0-9-5-12-1397
Josh Allen, Bills1-5-11-3-680
Tyreek Hill, Dolphins0-2-6-9-1460
Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs0-0-2-2-212
Matthew Stafford, Rams0-0-0-2-04
C.J. Stroud, Texans0-0-0-0-44
Myles Garrett, Browns0-0-0-0-11

Mods, please Delete if I've broken a rule about posting
Well.....the point isn't whether or not he was "close". Your original statement made wasn't correct so yeah in that instance he wasn't.

But as you can see above while he did not get any 1st place votes he accrued the 2nd most points.

And its also worth noting Dak at one point in the season was the favorite to win. He wasn't the only one. Purdy at one point was, Dak was, Josh Allen was creeping up, Mahomes was....it was a back and forth race and the Lamar took control when he beat the 49ers. If Dak would've taken one or two of those games against the Bills or Dolphins it would've helped him better.

But to say he "wasn't close" is not correct.

Both Dak Prescott and Brock Purdy guided the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers, respectively, to notable wins in Week 14. But the two quarterbacks are no longer co-favorites to win the NFL MVP award as Prescott holds a slight edge over Purdy to capture the honor, via BetMGM.

Prescott (+150) jumped ever so slightly ahead of Purdy (+175) for the award after their Week 14 performances, according to the oddsmaker. The two entered Week 14 as co-favorites to win the award.

The Baltimore Ravens’ Lamar Jackson is third and has the highest odds for an AFC player. The Philadelphia Eagles’ Jalen Hurts sits fourth with the Buffalo Bills’ Josh Allen a distant fifth.

We can be honest in this Dak conversation. Whether its ignorance or simply lying. We can be honest with it without it changing our stances. Him being a MVP contender doesn't have to change your stance that you're not a fan. But he in fact was a contender.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well.....the point isn't whether or not he was "close". Your original statement made wasn't correct so yeah in that instance he wasn't.

But as you can see above while he did not get any 1st place votes he accrued the 2nd most points.

And its also worth noting Dak at one point in the season was the favorite to win. He wasn't the only one. Purdy at one point was, Dak was, Josh Allen was creeping up, Mahomes was....it was a back and forth race and the Lamar took control when he beat the 49ers. If Dak would've taken one or two of those games against the Bills or Dolphins it would've helped him better.

But to say he "wasn't close" is not correct.

Both Dak Prescott and Brock Purdy guided the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers, respectively, to notable wins in Week 14. But the two quarterbacks are no longer co-favorites to win the NFL MVP award as Prescott holds a slight edge over Purdy to capture the honor, via BetMGM.

Prescott (+150) jumped ever so slightly ahead of Purdy (+175) for the award after their Week 14 performances, according to the oddsmaker. The two entered Week 14 as co-favorites to win the award.

The Baltimore Ravens’ Lamar Jackson is third and has the highest odds for an AFC player. The Philadelphia Eagles’ Jalen Hurts sits fourth with the Buffalo Bills’ Josh Allen a distant fifth.

We can be honest in this Dak conversation. Whether its ignorance or simply lying. We can be honest with it without it changing our stances. Him being a MVP contender doesn't have to change your stance that you're not a fan. But he in fact was a contender.
Just to be clear, I stated I was incorrect about what I had commented on. But, if you take the total points received by the top 2, Dak received 24% of the points, still not close. And if you factor in all the points, his % goes down further. He didn't receive a single 1st place vote, not close.

Sorry, but "wasn't close" was in fact correct.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I stated I was incorrect about what I had commented on. But, if you take the total points received by the top 2, Dak received 24% of the points, still not close. And if you factor in all the points, his % goes down further. He didn't receive a single 1st place vote, not close.

Sorry, but "wasn't close" was in fact correct.
Ok. And so are you going to ignore the part where Dak and Purdy were actually favorites to win it at one point?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. And so are you going to ignore the part where Dak and Purdy were actually favorites to win it at one point?
My comments dealt with the final outcome as that's how a winner is selected. I offered my comments in response to all of the MVP second place arguments as a reason to resign Dak to a huge third contract. I simply don't agree. When you review the outcome, the MVP race wasn't close.