David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Take this another angel real quick, Lance does good, we keep him, we let Dak walk, HOW MUCH do you think it would cost us to keep Lance around?? I'm not thinking less than 20-30 million a year ESPECIALLY if he does a solid job
If Lance does well he’ll probably get franchised and the team will say do it again. If he does it again, then they’ll pay him. He’s not going to cost 50+ million because he does well one year. The notion that you’ll have to pay Lance anywhere close to as much as Dak is bogus, even if all the positives that could possibly happen do so and he helps take the team further in the playoffs than they’ve been in 20+ years with his play, e.g., an NFC championship game.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Lance does well he’ll probably get franchised and the team will say do it again. If he does it again, then they’ll pay him. He’s not going to cost 50+ million because he does well one year. The notion that you’ll have to pay Lance anywhere close to as much as Dak is bogus, even if all the positives that could possibly happen do so and he helps take the team further in the playoffs than they’ve been in 20+ years with his play, e.g., an NFC championship game.
yeah I said 20-30 don't know where you got 50 from

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly !!! Pretty much any young, mobile guy with a strong arm can get us to the WC round as long as the offense can maintain the weapons we have now. In fact, we could add an RB and WR and still have $$millions left over.
Clearly the best post of your career here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
yeah I said 20-30 don't know where you got 50 from
I’m not saying that you said it would cost them 50 million, but I’ve heard people complaining that you’ll have to pay Lance when his contract is up this year, as if he’ll get anywhere close to that amount even if he plays well one year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m not saying that you said it would cost them 50 million, but I’ve heard people complaining that you’ll have to pay Lance when his contract is up this year, as if he’ll get anywhere close to that amount even if he plays well one year.
ok gotcha!!!! It's funny though with the "market" being how it is, he could TRY and say he wants that, doesn't mean he'll get it

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think you’re in the same boat either way. Jerry and Stephen will be running the team regardless if Dak or someone else is starting at QB.

I don’t think many of us that are ready to turn the page to a different QB care as much about winning right now because the belief is that it will only translate into solid regular seasons and early playoff exits (with Dak). For us, it’s better just to move on for better or worse because the team (with Dak) has plateaued with no apparent reason to expect better performance in the near future.
It just depends on what you think of Dak. I personally think he can get over this mental hump he’s in.

But if I felt like he couldn’t? I’d agree. I don’t think his ceiling is first round exits.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It just depends on what you think of Dak. I personally think he can get over this mental hump he’s in.

But if I felt like he couldn’t? I’d agree. I don’t think his ceiling is first round exits.
I doubt it. Dak is what he is, the guy who needs everything around him working just right with no stress on him to step up. This is also why he isn't the guy who can make mistakes and actually be counted on to bring you back. People want to claim that Mahomes threw picks in the SB. The problem isn't the picks, its how you play after the picks. Yes the KC defense stiffened up. The difference however is that Mahomes made the most of it after the KC defense gave him a chance. Dak, doesn't do that. Now we can say it's a mental thing etc etc or a run game will fix it. Great, so while all of that is being addressed and fixed - why would you pay him as an elite QB for non-elite work?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually it's not when the very same thing has to be explained over and over again. I know your stance. Knew it before this thread. And I respect it as a different opinion. So since that has been clarified there's no need to ever repeat it again lol.

With either way anything can happen. Worse QBs than Dak have won

Superbowl. And sometimes teams find someone like Purdy. So since we both don't know what's gonna happen it's simply about having different strategies in mind.

And if I'm not called a hater or to go follow another team I have no problem whatsoever with a different stance. I just don't like to run in circles. This off season is taking too damn long lol.
It is. Just ready for things to get started and hopefully we can move on or do whatever it takes to move forward.

I just want to win. I don’t know what the best way to do that is knowing who we have running the team.

Qcard

Reaction score

How old was Tiny Jim in 2005? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
When dudes from the around the way get on TV and talk with an accent:lmao::lmao:

Do we know what Jerry Jones will do to find Prescott's replaced without LUCKING into Romo and Prescott AGAIN.....Add another 30 years of 2054.

3rd Rd pick for Drew Henson:laugh::lmao:

Creeper

Reaction score
"We'll see if Dallas can replicate its success without Dak"

. . . . what success? Winning 2 WC games in 8 years? Yeah, I think Dallas can do that.
Only 1 team wins the Super Bowl every year. Only 7 teams go to the playoffs from each conference. I think winning the division is a degree of success.

I am curious, how would people feel about going 6-11 every year and missing the playoffs? Is that really any better than 3 consecutive 12 win seasons and a couple of division championships? I mean if the Cowboys had a really stinky QB then there would really be something to complain about.

What kills me is how the blame is on Dak on not on the front office for refusing to finish the roster by acquiring a couple of impact free agents.