David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The thing is Dak is taking all this hate quite well and just continues being Dak which is exactly what this team needs as long as he is here. He doesn't seem phased or put more pressure on himself than comes with being our QB which is one of the traits I have always admired in him. Do I want us to move on from him? Clearly I do, as the team needs a new General and cannot win with the guys/coaches/players we have

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Only 1 team wins the Super Bowl every year. Only 7 teams go to the playoffs from each conference. I think winning the division is a degree of success.

I am curious, how would people feel about going 6-11 every year and missing the playoffs? Is that really any better than 3 consecutive 12 win seasons and a couple of division championships? I mean if the Cowboys had a really stinky QB then there would really be something to complain about.

What kills me is how the blame is on Dak on not on the front office for refusing to finish the roster by acquiring a couple of impact free agents.
Yeah yeah, let's orientate ourselves towards the bottom of the league. It can always be worse, right?

:facepalm:

Forneymike

Reaction score
"We'll see if Dallas can replicate its success without Dak"

. . . . what success? Winning 2 WC games in 8 years? Yeah, I think Dallas can do that.
What makes you think they can replicate 3 12 win seasons and even being in the playoffs with any QB? Dak has issues but the people on this site think you can just draft a guy and you will be successful. Dumber than Jerry if you believe that. What QB are you getting? You don’t have any idea but you are predicting success.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outside of the TB playoff game, Dak has been mediocre to bad in the first half of every playoff game. To think Dak isn’t part of the problem in these high stakes scenarios is just deluding oneself. Dak threw three picks in around seven minutes in the SF game last season. He has a big game problem.
That's fine...the problem with citing the TB game as some sort of achievement is the TB has an asterisk as one of few playoffs teams with....a losing record.

So while technically it's true TB was a playoff-caliber team...it certainly was not a typical one. Not even an average playoff team. An epically bad one.

We'll take it of course, since pickings are so slim.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What makes you think they can replicate 3 12 win seasons and even being in the playoffs with any QB? Dak has issues but the people on this site think you can just draft a guy and you will be successful. Dumber than Jerry if you believe that. What QB are you getting? You don’t have any idea but you are predicting success.
And yet somehow...other teams manage it. Even we have in the past.

So don't even try out of fear and cowardice?

You lecture others on their predictions but have no problem with your own.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Good points.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yeah yeah, let's orientate ourselves towards the bottom of the league. It can always be worse, right?

:facepalm:
My point is we shoot for mediocrity every year when we need a couple of players to fix a weakness and don't sign anyone. Our RBs are bottom of the league, and our DTs can't be much further ahead. But let's flog our all-pro QB and MVP candidate QB. I don't get the thinking that changing QB while the rest of the team has glaring weaknesses is going to improve tthe outcome.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I’m interested in this take. So Stafford who had the best receiver of all time could barely make the playoffs but if he was in Dallas he would faired better than Romo and Dak did? I hear people say well Lions held him back. Cowboys front office hasn’t been much better.
Last time I checked, it took more than an elite receiver to win in the NFL. Take a look at the sack stats for the two from 2016-2020.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Only 1 team wins the Super Bowl every year. Only 7 teams go to the playoffs from each conference. I think winning the division is a degree of success.

I am curious, how would people feel about going 6-11 every year and missing the playoffs? Is that really any better than 3 consecutive 12 win seasons and a couple of division championships? I mean if the Cowboys had a really stinky QB then there would really be something to complain about.

What kills me is how the blame is on Dak on not on the front office for refusing to finish the roster by acquiring a couple of impact free agents.
Yep, and that just may be bothering him as well.

If not, let’s see what happens if this team starts like 2-5, which is very possible given all the circumstances.

If he hasn’t decided already, he may be looking to get out of here when that blame falls to him when the FO did nothing to improve an obvious DT problem. Dak can’t do much about that himself.

Bagman

Reaction score
Its possible to get a good young QB in the draft. Basically, that's how everyone does it. There's around 8 teams with good promising QBs drafted in the last 2-3 years. I would love for Dallas to have championship success with Dak. Unfortunately, I think we've all seen his ceiling.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

They can’t sign any big $$$ UFAs.

The cap is jacked.

Because of Daks mega millions contract.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
How old was Tiny Jim in 2005? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
When dudes from the around the way get on TV and talk with an accent:lmao::lmao:

Do we know what Jerry Jones will do to find Prescott's replaced without LUCKING into Romo and Prescott AGAIN.....Add another 30 years of 2054.

3rd Rd pick for Drew Henson:laugh::lmao:

Henson needed more work.

Tuna gave up on him.

Qcard

Reaction score
I mean he’s speaking facts. He typically does. I kind of would like to see how Dak does with a different team. Also exciting to see if they can stumble on another guy and get him on a rookie deal.
The 4 Letter Networks would have Programming set for the Next 5 Years!!

When the next QB is going through their growing pains, then Stephen A Smith with stop talking about the Cowboys and Jerry:lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2: :laugh: