David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People had them losing to the Buccs….history tried to say otherwise though.
So...you found a source that supported your opinion and argument?

Wow...I'm shocked.

Here in Tamp where I live....there was no such guarantee as you are trying to dredge up. Wanna bet me I can find a bunch of sources for that?

And...I really don;t caree about your point...even *if* it were true. MY point was...Bucs were 8-9 LOSERS. Try negating THAT fact.

I never said who was favored in that game by whom...but there you are arguing it and claiming your victory. Okay...have it. Doesn't matter to me. My fact is solid. We beat losers. We're good at it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cowboys players who fans turn sour on always leave and perform well on their new teams. Some even win a ring.
Dude there are very few please don't try to use that as some kind of narrative no most of our players are overrated they go to other teams and disappear out of the league shortly after... I mean I get your point but they're not a whole bunch of instances where they want to ring or even were very successful anywhere else but the Cowboys have made most of those choices to get rid of those players whether it was age or money or whatever it was...

You do realize that's the business of the NFL now player movement you didn't see this in the 90s people were loyal they played their whole career up until the very end with one team now they don't care there's no loyalty they move around a lot so I don't see your point I mean if you're gonna try to use like amari Cooper he didn't win a ring but he left the Raiders first then he left the Cowboys and now he's holding out with the Browns and yet the dude doesn't have a ring and yeah he was already a good player.. I don't know how many wanna ring except for DeMarcus Ware no might have a few fringe players I mean you really can't count guys who are depth guys who were OK here but went in and barely fit in somewhere else I don't know the two linebackers that went to the chiefs not like they were like big proponents and winning those Super Bowls...

I believe the league average would be the same if players leaving for whatever reason and some having success some winning ring and some just falling off the face of the earth it happens all over the Cowboys are not different in that way....

blueblood70

Reaction score
People had them losing to the Buccs….history tried to say otherwise though.
Right it was every narrative right outdoors on grass against Tom Brady who he never beat on the road I mean it was all these there it is that we couldn't do but then we blew them out all of a sudden they were a bad team right we ended Tom Brady's career but ohh he was washed up..lol the goal posts are always moved... I mean the Eagles lost to the bucks with that quarterback I mean Baker Mayfield huh? We hit a buzz saw with Green Bay but I'm almost sure not terribly sure we would have been better going on the road and we probably would have beat the bucks...

blueblood70

Reaction score
There is no Aikman in this draft or next year either. Reset your expectations. They will be good QBs that need a lot of help. No difference
that is true and I agree with that statement but here's the alternate reality of that aikman and Roger would not win on these teams because they wouldn't have Tony Dorsett and Emmitt Smith with a ridiculously physical offensive line who actually showed up in the playoffs along with the defense and some of the best coaching Staffs in the history of the sport...

So whatever quarterback is here whether it's Romo or Prescott whatever one is getting all the heat they forget to go watch the games and I'm betting you'll find that in many of the losses in the playoffs our offensive line either we're highly penalized couldn't move off the ball and our run game was at best three yards per carry and those losses I mean you expect one-dimensional football like anything's gonna happen there's no way that Troy and Roger wins all those games and especially those championships without the help of the rest of the team and the team was loaded and we're talking about making it easy on the quarterback you remember that word Romo friendly well trust me it was Roger and Troy friendly you and you have running backs like that who actually step their game up in the playoffs because they're running behind some of the best offensive lines and the offensive minds that are calling the plays and designing and adjusting in games were top notch...

I don't care if there was another Troy in this draft he would not fare better than Prescott he would not be a better option and he might fail you remember year one when Troy got absolutely obliterated I think he didn't win a single game got sacked all the time he wasn't doing anything until they built up the offensive line and drafted Emmitt Smith and got this thing rolling and I mean when you talking about Tom Landry years the innovative stuff he was coming up with back then which probably wouldn't work now but he had a couple really great running backs a great offensive line and a defense that had monikers I mean literally those two quarterbacks had the benefits our last two do not have..

There's no way even the best rookie quarterback in the draft could come in and excel here at least Prescott has shown that at least he can get us to the playoffs with less than stellar record of our front office loading this team up on a regular basis yes we have had stars and yes we've had good talent but they don't seem to play well in the playoffs whoever's fault that is it is what it is but I don't think we have anybody we can draft or pick up off another team that can make our team better....

Best thing to do is roll with what you got and hopefully you end up taking that next step when it's least expected..

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i will just be glad when its over one way or another eight years is a long time i dont think dak will win a super bowl here in dallas

Blitzen

Reaction score
It just depends on what you think of Dak. I personally think he can get over this mental hump he’s in.

But if I felt like he couldn’t? I’d agree. I don’t think his ceiling is first round exits.

I said early exits. I have no idea how someone thinks that Dak has a lot more growth in him going into his 9th season.

If you are betting on Dak to start even making it to conference championships let alone Super Bowls-then you are betting against all time NFL history. Parcells said that Landry told him that players had 3 seasons to show him something before he committed to playing them or keeping them around. I think Dak has proven he is a really good regular season QB that cannot be trusted to perform well consistently in the playoffs against that level of competition-simple as that.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Dak would get the same amount of hate from the fans of the team he was with if he had put up a 2-5 playoff record and looked the way he has doing it the last 3 years. To say otherwise would be disingenuous at best.

Dallas is no closer to a Superbowl with him then they were 8 years ago (not all his fault obviously but he has been part of the problem more than he has been part of the solution).
Dak would get a rough ride if he played in a city where the fans and media weren't a bunch of powder puffs.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Pittsburgh looks like a great landing spot for Dak.

If you were a free agent QB and you looked at both rosters, FO, experienced HC vs who is the coach going to be, what team would you want to be on?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Those "other" franchises won't have 5 rings and 8 SB appearances. Any franchise like the Steelers, Patriots (now) and 49ers would have been DONE with Dak. So...B'BYE..
It won’t be long now until he’s extended. :grin:

Creeper

Reaction score
We had 9 AP's last year . What Kills me is Dak Lovers always claiming the FO never puts a good team, while the QB shites his panties
I laughed out loud at the inference that I am a Dak "lover". Sure the Cowboys had 9 all-pros, but at the end of the day they could not run the football or stop the run. Oh, some Dak lovers might point out that Dak was one of those 9 all-pros.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Good luck this run of stumbling into good QBs. It took five years to stumble in the Romo and look at our records prior to that. We couldn’t have gotten luckier stumbling into Dak when we did with Romo’s body falling apart. The last three times he hit the ground something broke.
And yet we got no further in the playoffs with Romo or Dak than we did with Quincy Carter.

Playoff results matter.

We didn't stumble into any good QB situation. It would have been better for Dallas to keep having bad QBs like Carter so that we could keep getting high draft picks rather than waste damn near two decades on QBs with pretty stats and a choke factor in the playoffs or big games while having to draft mid to late every round.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I laughed out loud at the inference that I am a Dak "lover". Sure the Cowboys had 9 all-pros, but at the end of the day they could not run the football or stop the run. Oh, some Dak lovers might point out that Dak was one of those 9 all-pros.
If your strength is not a strength...that's the problem. Sure we had a weak running game...so does most of the NFL. But the point is that our "strength" - the passing game - consistently underforms in those moments TOO. So deflecting blame to the running game is kind of a smokescreen.

BTW, Dak and CeeDee want to be compensated as if our passing game is a strength...so how does this get better with even less resources towards the running game, o-line or D?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
And yet we got no further in the playoffs with Romo or Dak than we did with Quincy Carter.

Playoff results matter.

We didn't stumble into any good QB situation. It would have been better for Dallas to keep having bad QBs like Carter so that we could keep getting high draft picks rather than waste damn near two decades on QBs with pretty stats and a choke factor in the playoffs or big games while having to draft mid to late every round.
How do people NOT get this?!? No, we didn't "get lucky" with Romo OR Dak and it would have been BETTER had we sucked and built those same teams around a real QB. Most of the best QB are first rounders. No, not all first rounders pan out - and yes there is a nature/nurture thing going on here - but most of the QBs are 1st rounders.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Playoff results matter.

We never got past the wildcard round with Carter. We got past the wildcard round twice with Romo and Dak so we did get further with them. The playoffs do matter and you need to make them to have a chance. If it was up to fans like you we would never make the playoffs. You’re one of those that would rather have high draft picks every year than make the playoffs. You would have us wasting a bunch of high draft picks on QBs the next couple of decades. You sound like a typical fan. :rolleyes: