David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
We never got past the wildcard round with Carter. We got past the wildcard round twice with Romo and Dak so we did get further with them. The playoffs do matter and you need to make them to have a chance. If it was up to fans like you we would never make the playoffs. You’re one of those that would rather have high draft picks every year than make the playoffs. You would have us wasting a bunch of high draft picks on QBs the next couple of decades. You sound like a typical fan. :rolleyes:
Nah, we just don't conflate or confuse playoff appearances with dominance, excellence or a great season. Especially when fans and stans are hyping said team/player all year. When the inevitable happens they don't admit they were wrong, they take up character assassination of the very people who were right. Demand faith instead of analysis...even after the final results are in.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nah, we just don't conflate or confuse playoff appearances with dominance, excellence or a great season. Especially when fans and stans are hyping said team/player all year. When the inevitable happens they don't admit they were wrong, they take up character assassination of the very people who were right. Demand faith instead of analysis...even after the final results are in.
Any team that goes 12-5 and wins their division had a great season whether it goes well in the playoffs or not. The regular season and postseason are two different things. We’ve had very good regular season teams the past three seasons, but not good playoff teams. You’re probably part of that group that would rather miss the playoffs every year and have high draft picks than make the playoffs, if it means losing in the first or second round. I don’t agree with that mindset. I want the opportunity every year to have a chance in the playoffs.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jones Boys either going to go down as idiots if they ride it out and give in to a much larger contract after other QBs reset the market and/or Dak breaks out of his Playoff slump… or geniuses if they become the first owners not to give into outrageous contracts for QBs not going to the NFL Hall of Fame.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So...you found a source that supported your opinion and argument?

Wow...I'm shocked.

Here in Tamp where I live....there was no such guarantee as you are trying to dredge up. Wanna bet me I can find a bunch of sources for that?

And...I really don;t caree about your point...even *if* it were true. MY point was...Bucs were 8-9 LOSERS. Try negating THAT fact.

I never said who was favored in that game by whom...but there you are arguing it and claiming your victory. Okay...have it. Doesn't matter to me. My fact is solid. We beat losers. We're good at it.
We beat a Tom Brady led team who had injuries all year and it reflected on their record which is why people thought they’d win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I said early exits. I have no idea how someone thinks that Dak has a lot more growth in him going into his 9th season.

If you are betting on Dak to start even making it to conference championships let alone Super Bowls-then you are betting against all time NFL history. Parcells said that Landry told him that players had 3 seasons to show him something before he committed to playing them or keeping them around. I think Dak has proven he is a really good regular season QB that cannot be trusted to perform well consistently in the playoffs against that level of competition-simple as that.
I mean he just had arguably the best of his career. It’d just natural the more you do things the better you get at it especially in the prime of his career. I’m not saying he will I’m just saying I don’t know.

As far as history goes I can’t use what happened 60 years ago and apply it to today’s NfL.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And soon after he'll choke and everyone will pretend they can't correlate his high pay to the "lack of talent around him".
Will you leave then and spare us your misery? Or do you need to be miserable with others?

shabazz

Reaction score
It’s time for Dak to set up shop elsewhere.

All of them change teams at some point in their career.

Some fans just need to accept that.
And the beauty in it is that it may work for both parties involved.

Stafford left the Lions and flourished and the Lions have improved as well.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I mean he just had arguably the best of his career. It’d just natural the more you do things the better you get at it especially in the prime of his career. I’m not saying he will I’m just saying I don’t know.

As far as history goes I can’t use what happened 60 years ago and apply it to today’s NfL.

I would disagree. I think his numbers reflect the lack of a more potent rushing attack, and the HC’s new offensive system. I think he’s better than he ever has been with regards to his passing ability, but it has not jumped so substantially that he’s become this progressively and exponentially better player year over year.

Even the very best QB’s have up and down years-they don’t progressively become these more epic players year over year. Players age ESPECIALLY in this league. Some of the very best pocket passers can maintain good performance even late in their careers if they stay in fantastic shape AND their natural gifts are pocket passing-which is not this passer’s natural talent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would disagree. I think his numbers reflect the lack of a more potent rushing attack, and the HC’s new offensive system. I think he’s better than he ever has been with regards to his passing ability, but it has not jumped so substantially that he’s become this progressively and exponentially better player year over year.

Even the very best QB’s have up and down years-they don’t progressively become these more epic players year over year. Players age ESPECIALLY in this league. Some of the very best pocket passers can maintain good performance even late in their careers if they stay in fantastic shape AND their natural gifts are pocket passing-which is not this passer’s natural talent.
Not disagreeing there. I don’t think he even needs to make a significant jump. He just needs his regular season performances to show up in the postseason and not just against the Buccs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
9 apparently just isn't good enough for Dak
Pretty sure Dak was included in that 9…but one thing I’ve noticed is accolades and awards as just that. You can’t mask weakness in the trenches. How many of chose 9 All Pros were on the defendsive interior or linebackers group? All flash no substance.

shabazz

Reaction score
Notice how he said "Dak haters leader board"? See, to him it's not about the team it's all about Dak, screw the team. I've never seen anyone love some random QB like him and a few others do, Dak is their world. Sad.
They've got everything invested in him.

But to be fair, there are quite a few that still believe in him but would open to another option.

It happened with Romo too.....some held on longer than others.