David Moore Lowdown on Dez

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I definitely sit him now, out of general principle.

There is passion, and there is dumb and selfish. This was the latter.
Not me.

I'd play him and teach him a lesson.

If he can't play..

put him on IR.

if he can play..

make him remember why treatment and team rules exist.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I think it's as simple as Dez being nervous about the MRI. As great a player as he is, we know he's as emotional as anyone on the team, maybe in the league. I wouldn't put it past him to be so concerned about the MRI and what it might show, that he locked himself up for a day or so and didn't want to leave the house.

I wouldn't punish him at all for it. Are you kidding me? This organization is as dysfunctional as it gets from top to bottom, and you're going to punish a guy who has only ever busted his *** for you every time stepped on the field? Give me a break.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So, was this Dez just worried it was going to come back as something serious?

Look, he should have got the MRI immediately. HOWEVER, is it really such a problem the guy wants to play football? If that is the reason, maybe it's something else, but it seems like he was postponing what he expected to be bad news.
At the end of the day, it is still a selfish move that created a distraction.

I have seen a lot of football players that have guts over the years. But not many that dodged getting an injury diagnosed so his status could be determined and then allow the team to move on with their business of preparing for the next opponent.

I am really curious when people will stop shielding Bryant's childish behavior under the veil of passion.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
is Phillip Rivers elite?

His 2006 (3388 22-9 61.7%), 2009 (4254 28-9 65.2%) and 2013 (4478 32-11 69.5%) seasons were. Many other of his seasons were good, but not like the three seasons I cited. Those season represent, to me, elite numbers. So I guess it's up for debate. He's also been cursed with an inept front office.

But his best doesn't stack up with Tony's, no how no way.

Last edited:

Alexander

Reaction score
I think it's as simple as Dez being nervous about the MRI. As great a player as he is, we know he's as emotional as anyone on the team, maybe in the league. I wouldn't put it past him to be so concerned about the MRI and what it might show, that he locked himself up for a day or so and didn't want to leave the house.

I wouldn't punish him at all for it. Are you kidding me? This organization is as dysfunctional as it gets from top to bottom, and you're going to punish a guy who has only ever busted his *** for you every time stepped on the field? Give me a break.
What you said here is the real problem with the culture.

Make an exception for a mentally fragile player.

That is the part of the dysfunction to begin with.

There are a lot of players who bust their *** to play.

But I don't recall many who try to demonstrate that quality by doing what he did.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is posts like this that tell us how blind people truly are

Some of us were against giving him that ridiculous contract but this FO continues to make idiotic decisions

Can confirm: some few of you actually are against very sensible things for very little discernible reason. And the Dez extension was one of those things.

Meanwhile, this tempest is going to have the same effect on the team the rental cleaning deposit dispute had back this summer. Namely, it's a bump that will be completely forgotten about as soon as Dez is back catching passes again.

Alexander

Reaction score
Can confirm: some few of you actually are against very sensible things for very little discernible reason. And the Dez extension was one of those things.

Meanwhile, this tempest is going to have the same effect on the team the rental cleaning deposit dispute had back this summer. Namely, it's a bump that will be completely forgotten about as soon as Dez is back catching passes again.
You must think that players think just like you.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

It is funny that he settled all the cases with West and Wells this week and not one peep here on the CZ

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
is Phillip Rivers elite?

Elite's a squishy word. I know their numbers are similar, and I know he's a very good player. I wouldn't have an issue with an educated Charger fan believing he were elite, if that helps.

Personally, I'd have to watch Rivers a lot more than I have to get a real opinion.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I like Dez. I think he plays with passion. However, I don't think football is the most important thing in his life. When you've been injured, knowing your body is your livelihood, and you don't show up for tests and treatment, you're a moron.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must think that players think just like you.

I do tend to think most people are reasonable, yeah. You bring up a good point that maybe there are players just looking for a reason to tear other players down the way some of our fans seem to enjoy it. It seems sort of self defeating, though, as they're going to need Dez down the road. From my experience with good teams, if a guy can help you, guys will put up with an awful lot. If he can't, there's not much leeway.

Even so, something like missing an MRI appointment isn't going to register very strongly. It's small potatoes.