Dawgs giving it their all

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Dak, Ferguson, Luepke. I’m sure there are others that are giving it there all but from what I’ve seen, these are the players out there giving it their all.

PS

Aubrey
Hey I was glad to see Fergie back on the job, and Luepke was lookin good! :thumbup:

oldcorvetteguy

Reaction score
Dak was born in 1993, and by then I had already been a fan for 18 years. My career began in 1990, 3 years before he was even born. I received my honorable discharge from the Marine Corps after 8 years service just 2 months before he was born.

I don't need this man telling me how to be a fan, I get enough of that from others here at CZ.
Thank you for your service, Sir.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak was born in 1993, and by then I had already been a fan for 18 years. My career began in 1990, 3 years before he was even born. I received my honorable discharge from the Marine Corps after 8 years service just 2 months before he was born.

I don't need this man telling me how to be a fan, I get enough of that from others here at CZ.
Let's see what is a fan and a nonfan...

Definitions of sports fan. noun. an enthusiastic devotee of sports. synonyms: fan, rooter.
https://www.vocabulary.com › ...
Sports fan - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms - Vocabulary.com

On the contrary, ......

Some words that might be used to describe someone who is not a sports fan include:
nonfan, detractor, critic, carper, belittler, and nonadmirer.

A sports fan is someone who is an enthusiastic devotee of sports. A fan is different from a spectator (who watches sports but does not have the same level of affiliation with the sport).

Sounds like Dak is right.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Let's see what is a fan and a nonfan...

Definitions of sports fan. noun. an enthusiastic devotee of sports. synonyms: fan, rooter.
https://www.vocabulary.com › ...
Sports fan - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms - Vocabulary.com

On the contrary, ......

Some words that might be used to describe someone who is not a sports fan include:
nonfan, detractor, critic, carper, belittler, and nonadmirer.

A sports fan is someone who is an enthusiastic devotee of sports. A fan is different from a spectator (who watches sports but does not have the same level of affiliation with the sport).

Sounds like Dak is right.
You understand the definition of a 'bandwagon fan', right? Dak clearly has no idea what a bandwagon fan is - the Dallas Cowboys don't have any.

Like I just said a few pages back, I don't need you or Dak telling me how I'm supposed to 'fan'. After following this team for 49 years I think I've earned the right to be a fan in any way I choose, and neither you or Dak gets to tell me otherwise.

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You understand the definition of a 'bandwagon fan', right? Dak clearly has no idea what a bandwagon fan is - the Dallas Cowboys don't have any.

Like I just said a few pages back, I don't need you or Dak telling me how I'm supposed to 'fan'. After following this team for 49 years I think I've earned the right to be a fan in any way I choose, and neither you or Dak gets to tell me otherwise.
"Bandwagon fan" can easily pertain to anyone who either wasn't alive or who became a fan after our last Super Bowl championship 30 years ago...but now refuses to support this team. That's the perfect definition of a "bandwagon fan".

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When was the last time Dak tucked it and ran for a key first down when it was not there. The guy lays down now. He is not good enough to just lay down.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This is all Dak can give? What?

I think Dak can be much better, and I think he will be. When did you start to be a Dak basher?

Creeper

Reaction score
I am not going to criticize effort by anyone because you can't really tell what level of effort anyone is giving from watching them on TV. But I will say the defense does not play like a team. They play as individuals and no matter the effort they are going to fail.

Whether they are seeking QB sacks or INTs, they are not doing what they are supposed to be doing and they are giving up plays as a result. What they need to do is what they are supposed to do.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
"Bandwagon fan" can easily pertain to anyone who either wasn't alive or who became a fan after our last Super Bowl championship 30 years ago...but now refuses to support this team. That's the perfect definition of a "bandwagon fan".
Not only is that definition not perfect, it's not even remotely plausible.

That someone who "wasn't alive" the last time the Cowboys won a Lombardi could be accused of being a bandwagon fan literally makes absolutely zero logical sense.

We've got plenty that we can agree to disagree about but this is basic comprehension of the English language at a 3rd or 4th grade level.

Choose another hill to die on pard. This one isn't it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Per Merriam-Webster.com:

bandwagoner noun (link)

: a person who takes part in or becomes enthusiastic about something only when it is popular or fashionable

It would be nice if people stopped changing the meanings of words to fit their understanding. It is okay when individuals cannot agree about their favorite team. That is a disagreement.

It is not logical to label someone else a bandwagon fan if that other person continues having a conversation about their favorite team. By definition, a bandwagoner would stop talking and move on to something else that interested them more. It is possible they might re-claim fanship for a team they stopped following at a later time but that action would further validate the term's actual definition.