***Day Three Draft Thread***

Plankton

Reaction score
Who are our D-linemen at the moment?

1) Gregory, 2) Lawrence, 3) Tapper, 4) Collins, 5) Irving, 6) Thornton, 7) T. Crawford, 8) J. Crawford, 9) Russell, 10) Mayowa...

Is T. McClain still on the team? That'll make it 11. Not sure if I see him making the final roster. Am I missing anyone?

Remember - they can carry two more than you would think, because they don't have to account for Gregory and Lawrence's roster spots until Week 5.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Tapper ran 4.59 at the combine? Heard that in the radio. Faster than Laquan Treadwell.

48-0 as a high school wrestler.

Really? So he and Collins were both wrestlers in High School? Guess Rod likes guys that can grapple in spandex.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Billings must really suck and that knee injury must be bad for teams to keep passing him up. At what point is it finally okay to take him? 5th round? 6th?

birdwells1

Reaction score
NE does the same thing. Green Bay has done it in the past. Develop these QBs, and then flip fem or a draft pick in a few years.

This sounds popular but who has really flipped a qb for draft picks higher than when the qb was drafted? All you do is add in controversy when you have 2 young qbs on the roster.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Remember - they can carry two more than you would think, because they don't have to account for Gregory and Lawrence's roster spots until Week 5.

True. I can see 11 making the final roster. Cutting it down to 9 in Week 5.

Plankton

Reaction score
Really? So he and Collins were both wrestlers in High School? Guess Rod likes guys that can grapple in spandex.

Wrestlers often have good balance, and do a good job with hand fighting.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Is there anybody good enough (besides Billings) for us to flip Leary for a pick right here?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
At some point we can't carry any more DL without it being a waste of a draft pick. I think we are done at DL.

Agreed - I don't see where the roster positions are going to come from.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
At some point we can't carry any more DL without it being a waste of a draft pick. I think we are done at DL.

Probably so, but I'd feel better adding more competition in either Blair or Judon.

To me, you can upgrade players like Jack Crawford.

Reaction score
Who are our D-linemen at the moment?

1) Gregory, 2) Lawrence, 3) Tapper, 4) Collins, 5) Irving, 6) Thornton, 7) T. Crawford, 8) J. Crawford, 9) Russell, 10) Mayowa...

Is T. McClain still on the team? That'll make it 11. Not sure if I see him making the final roster. Am I missing anyone?

Yea we still have McClain. And u are missing mcadoo and Whaley.

Deep_South

Reaction score
True or False:

Keller Moore > all remaining QB draft prospects.

Yeah, Jerry is supposed to have a priority of getting a backup to Tony, and I'm not seeing the remaining quarterbacks coming out of training camp doing that job. Maybe he's going to go after Foles.

Tristan

Reaction score
I wouldn't be mad at Cardale Jones.

Would love Jones!
The way I see it is if we draft him then we liked him, if not then we didnt, seems simple but to the eye hes looks like a 1 overral pick, so knowbody really knows with this guy but sky is the limit IMO