***Day Three Draft Thread***

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I like the pick but this kid is a project. He tackles and gets off the ball way to high. I can't believe that coaches in Oklahoma didn't see this or rectify the problem. Thank God we have Marinelli to whip him into a real player.

tommyajar

Reaction score
My problem with him is that his skillset of playing in the box is becoming a lost art in the NFL with the focus on tight ends and rules that make imposing hits momentum-killing penalties.

Yeah I hear ya......but he looks like he will take your head off!
By the way.....I want them to draft SCOOBY!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Really? So he and Collins were both wrestlers in High School? Guess Rod likes guys that can grapple in spandex.

I was a wrestler and joke all you want but wrestlers are the best condition then any other sport. We would play football and soccer for fun. 2 a days in the summer was a hobby and we begged for more

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Garrett acting like a QB in the war room, which might be an indication Dallas is planning to take one.

LittleD

Reaction score
Duh! I was asking if possible!? Someone responded Leary & Moore for Glennon instead of Leary for Glennon straight up! I jokingly said great.......where do I sign! I am pretty sure I can hold my own when discussing football!

We are not giving up Moore cause the OC loves him. Leary is not going anywhere cause no one is going to give you value for a former UDFA. Moore is our backup for this year
so get used to it. Leary is backing up the OL if someone gets hurt at guard.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Yeah, Jerry is supposed to have a priority of getting a backup to Tony, and I'm not seeing the remaining quarterbacks coming out of training camp doing that job. Maybe he's going to go after Foles.

Agreed. I'd like Foles backing up Romo. With an expected dominant running game, Foles would be more than adequate.

Ken

Reaction score
Yep. QB coming up...

You could also tell by the war room reaction that Oakland beat them out for Cook.

That is what it seemed like to me. Jerry's clap seemed on of frustration.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
War room getting interesting. Garrett imitates a Qb drop back. Animated discussion. Then towel put over camera.

revospeed

Reaction score
Really? So he and Collins were both wrestlers in High School? Guess Rod likes guys that can grapple in spandex.

Wrestling really helps with leverage and balance and is great for defensive linemen. I think read somewhere that when the Ravens were really good, all three of their defensive tackles that rotated were wrestlers, Siragusa, Sam Adams and Kelly Gregg. I'm pretty sure during the Pats Super Bowl runs, they had a guard that never played college football but whooped Brock Lesnar in the NCAA wrestling tournament. Also, Roddy White was a stud wrestler in high school, but I'm not sure how much that helps being a wide receiver haha.

Edit: Just noticed a lot of people responded to this and said pretty much what I said.