***Day Two Draft Thread***

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We haven't found anyone to help this depleted defense of ours next year. Can we afford to target a 2nd or 3rd string QB in the 3rd or 4th?

If the right pick is there, they should take a quarterback

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Makes me wonder if we know something that no one else knows. If we had some sort of reason to believe there is say a 95% chance of recovery... this would make perfect sense.

They almost have too.

34 is very rich for what from OUR perspective is such a huge gamble. 3rd may even have been rich. They must be 100% confident in the info they got.

Ill say this, if he is 100% in 2017 he is the steal pf the draft and its not close. Superior to Jack as a LB IMO

endersdragon

Reaction score
Our doctor better know he'll recover. Heariing the war room show with Broaddus, they said there are doctors who have stated he has a 20% playing in the NFL. If at all.

Not sure I buy that, everything I have seen suggests that it is likely he will be ready by 2017

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Doctors have a fiduciary duty to their patient. Unless that surgeon is an unethical dirtbag he likely was made to release identical medical opinions to all teams. The Cowboys would have no special knowledge unless there was an ethical or HIPAA violation.

Thank you. I was going to post the same thing. People just stop with the stupid notion that Dallas knows more than all the other teams. Smith and his agent would not allow positive information to be withheld from a single team. They would be pushing that info to all 32 teams. This was a ridiculous pick at 34. He could have been had much much later. I hope they do something to get another pick today because they just wasted this one. I'm happy for the kid but from a Dallas fans perspective, it sucks.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Trying to figure out the mindset of some of the members here...

Some would have been totally fine with drafting Carson Wentz or Jared Goff who probably wouldn't have played for another 3 years and would have been MUCH bigger reaches than Smith...

But we take arguably the most talented player in the draft at 34 and people are up in arms?
I think those people just want instant gratification honestly and or just want to complain as if we as a collective are better scouts than those who do this as their job

Chappy

Reaction score
DavidMooreDMN
Vote of support for doctor who did surgery on Jaylon Smith...

Smith was expected to tumble even further than this due to his gruesome knee injury, but the Cowboys' team doctor actually performed his surgery, so they know his medical records better than anyone. Smith (6'2/223) earned the 2015 Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker, finishing his three-year career with 24.5 tackles for loss as a 39-game starter. Unfortunately, Smith tore his ACL and LCL in January's Fiesta Bowl and won't be available for his rookie season. Due to nerve damage in the knee, there is concern Smith may never play again if his nerve doesn't "wake up." On game tape, Smith was an instinctive playmaker who drew comparisons to ex-49ers ILB Patrick Willis. To make good on his once-limitless promise, Smith is going to need good fortune. He was reportedly diagnosed with "drop-foot" syndrome at the Combine.

Smith will be a force in 2017.

Naruto

Reaction score
Cowboys have been .500 for over a decade for a reason

Draft irrelevant position. Draft a player who may never see the field

Par for the course

RomoFor6

Reaction score
Riskier? Jack will definitely play in this league, probably for a few years, maybe for many. Smith may never play a down. How is that less risky?
Smith could get better. Actually, not could, is. Doctor who did his surgery works for Dalls. Jack is only going to get worse. He has a degenerative knee issue. Again, straight forward stuff

MikeT22

Reaction score
I have thought they'd screw the draft with a 2nd round QB....but they went one better and drafted a LB who may never play again, at least not at the same level. These guys never fail to amaze. Risk-takers I tell ya.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Trying to figure out the mindset of some of the members here...

Some would have been totally fine with drafting Carson Wentz or Jared Goff who probably wouldn't have played for another 3 years and would have been MUCH bigger reaches than Smith...

But we take arguably the most talented player in the draft at 34 and people are up in arms?

Pretty sure they would have played here before year 3. Romo will get injured. And I doubt Kellen Moore will be here next year if we had one of those QBs.